Don't Sleep on Worley

WiseOlVol

Gatorade National POY (PManning, ESmith, MBarkley).
Senior Year: 428/589 72.7% 5313 yds (#2 nationally) 354.2 ypg 64 td 11 int 129 rat.
15-0 and State Champ (MVP)
Team scored in 40s 12/15 times (34, 35, 36)
Offers from UF, FSU, LSU, Notre Dame and Stanford
6'4" 213 (up from 196 as Fr)
Runs better than Manning
Butch has never had a QB with this much potential
Don't throw JW under the bus

Reactions: 28 people
But but but when he did play he looked horrible. And he's a Dooley recruit, and coached by him for way to long to have any chance to be any good. Just sayin...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

But but but when he did play he looked horrible. And he's a Dooley recruit, and coached by him for way to long to have any chance to be any good. Just sayin...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Forget the pick6 vs. Vandy.

Can't judge the kid playing late backup in blowouts.

Give him the starting job and let him develop.

Reactions: 2 people

Hard to let a senior develop.. Starting a freshman might be slightly worse THIS SEASON, but will help us for the next three seasons by giving him experience.

But I still think we should go with whoever gives us the best chance to win this season.. which is probably Worley. Tough decision to make, though.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to let a senior develop.. Starting a freshman might be slightly worse THIS SEASON, but will help us for the next three seasons by giving him experience.

But I still think we should go with whoever gives us the best chance to win this season.. which is probably Worley. Tough decision to make, though.

Junior

Reactions: 15 people
Didn't look bad considering he was a true frosh against stout defenses. Should have beaten usc.

whoever wins the job is going to be looking over his shoulder with dobbs and riley if worley throws a pick everyone in the stadium will be calling for peterman , dobbs, or furgenson

Yep. Da'Rick catches that ball and Worley has a W over a ranked team.

I am glad someone else was paying attention. Was beginning to think all of the yahoos on here clamoring for QBs to start that have never played the first down of college football knew more than I did.

And to think he almost got it done with Dools & staff as his coaches. Imagine what he can do with competent coaching. Until proven on the field otherwise, he is the man in my book.

Reactions: 11 people
Senior Year: 428/589 72.7% 5313 yds (#2 nationally) 354.2 ypg 64 td 11 int 129 rat.
Runs better than Manning

All the players you mentioned "Gatorade National POY" started every year of their college career.

Worley has two years left to start. That means our RS Soph will have his Senior year or our Freshman will have two years to start as well, unless redshirted and they beat out the RS Senior

Emmitt Smith started 3rd game of his Freshman year and left after his Junior year b/c of the pass happy Spurrier being hired. (would have been a 4 year starter)

Peyton Manning started his Freshman year (5th game?) against MSU and finished out the rest of the year as starter and the rest is history

Matt Barkley started all four years

I know timing has effected Worley being named starter b/c he was 2nd string to the "magnificent" Tyler Bray. Peyton was lucky (or we were lucky) that the 1st and 2nd string QB's went down in 1994 and he finished out the year.

Worley also has an advantage the others didn't: An OLine with 123 starts (2nd in FBS) and (re the QBs) two upper class 4* RBs.

Last edited:
Either Worley or Peterman is going to make some people on here look pretty silly. I'm leaning heavily towards Worley being the guy but Petermans mobility has me intrigued. Either way I expect to see consistent performances marked by high completion percentages and low interceptions. Just not gaudy yardage stats like Bray.

He def should be the starter. If he wants what's rightfully his, then he needs to perform. To quote Butch from his interview with bleacherreport:

"We are going to play the best individual that gives Tennessee the best chance to win. I don't care if you're a senior or a freshman, the best players are going to play. The players who play with a very high level of consistency. The players who earn the trust of their peers and the coaching staff. And players who understand what it takes to play at Tennessee and our expectations of winning on the field and off the field and playing winning football."

Accolades mean nothing at this point. If Worley wants it, then it's his to earn.

Runs better than Manning

I have thought this all along. Worley will raise some eyebrows this year. Imo

Our RBs don't offer any advantage to Worley. If anything, they are a liability.

They showed immense improvement last year. I have a belief that without CJC's 3 & 1 bombs our running game will be a heavy contributor to Worleys success.

Don't make it worse. The "pick 6" was not a "pick 6." Andre Hal intercepted Worley's pass at the Vandy 47 , and returned it 36 yards to the Tenn 17 yard line.

VN Store

Back