Don't Sleep on Worley

But but but when he did play he looked horrible. And he's a Dooley recruit, and coached by him for way to long to have any chance to be any good. Just sayin...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dude..... The whole team basically are Dooley recruits, and anyway wtf does that have to do with anything? For Dooleys game day flaws he was a decent recruiter.

Edit: Nm....missed the sarcasm part

Last edited:
If we put this in perspective, Brett Favre clocked in around 70. How about distance?
I have read about a supposed 70 mph clocked on a Monday night game, but another paper that I read shows Favre at an estimated 63 mph, which equates to a 102 mph fastball. Colt McCoy 56 mph, Ryan Mallett 58, Colin Kaepernick 59, Joe Flacco 58, Manning 59, Cam Newton 56.

I just read that Bray clocked 59 mph, which was the fastest at the NFL combine. If arm strength was the most important trait of a qb, then surely the NFL scouts would have drafted Bray. After all, they clocked him .

But but but when he did play he looked horrible. And he's a Dooley recruit, and coached by him for way to long to have any chance to be any good. Just sayin...

Kiffin made Crompton into a player in less than a year. Good coaching can have a huge impact.

Reactions: 2 people
Bray got what he earned, I'm sure coaches was blue in the face telling him about being a leader. But after saying that it affected the whole team and sadly came to a head at Vandy, I never leave games early win or loose but its hard watching quitter's and plain and simple that's what Vandy so proud of, they beat a team that had already quit before they got off the bus. But we saw Worley trying to make plays without a team, it was sad to watch left before the 4th quarter.

Reactions: 1 person
None of our QB's are going to sling it like Bray did but they don't have to -- Aaron Murray doesn't sling it like Bray either nor do countless other dang fine QBs.

Worley had the misfortune of coming into games directly after Bray and that would make anyone look like they lacked magic regardless of the fact that Bray's production and the absolute beauty of the way he threw the ball didn't translate to wins. Worley also had to come into games with receivers and other players who were often 2nd string, he had to deal with the fact that everyone in the SEC knew we couldn't run the ball effectively, he had to come into games without having the reps with receivers that put QBs and WRs in sync with one another, he had to deal with WRs who didn't always know the routes and weren't used to him as QB, and he had to play for the worst coach we've ever had.

So yes, Worley has been judged too early and far too harshly by many fans. He may or may not wind up being the starter but I don't think we have any real clue how good or bad he is.

Reactions: 5 people
We can't rely much on what we saw in the O&W game. the O was so simple that the D was reacting very quickly and some of the best WRs we had were not playing.
JW by virtue of being the only upperclassman has the edge on the starting position. (he probably will have the edge in leadership)
Peterman looked just as good to me, possibly a little more mobile but he was slightly smaller which can be more difficult. (this can be compensated for though as shown by many good QBs)
I don't see either of the Freshman beating them out of the starting job. Unless they really, really stand out in Fall practices, which i doubt.

Anybody seen any reports on offseason workouts in regards to QB's and WR's getting in reps?

I've read bits and pieces here and elsewhere that both Worley and Peterman have been leaders in the off season. Also, that one freshman WR (North??) was doing lots of extra work in the mornings and evenings on his own. Not sure how much of this is true or not.

Se will know in the first two weeks of August drills if Worley is up to the task. He has had all Summer to practice timing routes and learning the playbook. I saw glimpses of promise in his Freshman year but I also noticed that he was a little too uptight and because of that overthrew his targets. If he can learn to settle down, he will do fine. Also he might be more comfortable with a running passer scheme.

Not according to the coaches. And its lose not loose.

Coach speak to keep the freshman motivated thinking they have a chance to start. They don't.

Both Dobbs and Furgeson would do well with some time in the weight room, learning the system and speed of the college game.

Didn't look bad considering he was a true frosh against stout defenses. Should have beaten usc.

Yeah, unfortunately, Garcia was scratched and Connor Shaw had a helluva first game, especially running the ball. I think he led all rushers on both teams that night.

Forget the pick6 vs. Vandy.

Can't judge the kid playing late backup in blowouts.

Give him the starting job and let him develop.

I reckon ur sarcasm meter needs some calibration fine sir. :)

I like Worley and think he should be his job to lose.

dobber will be a good one. kid will HAVE to put some weight on to play in SEC he's a rail now.

he may start soon, but. wouldnt surprise me to see him RS

I have read about a supposed 70 mph clocked on a Monday night game, but another paper that I read shows Favre at an estimated 63 mph, which equates to a 102 mph fastball. Colt McCoy 56 mph, Ryan Mallett 58, Colin Kaepernick 59, Joe Flacco 58, Manning 59, Cam Newton 56.

I just read that Bray clocked 59 mph, which was the fastest at the NFL combine. If arm strength was the most important trait of a qb, then surely the NFL scouts would have drafted Bray. After all, they clocked him .

I remember that pass. Favre had the strongest arm I've ever seen, so I compare everyone to him in that regard. Arm Strength doesn't matter, ask Pennington. Velocity does not always equal to distance. Just look at Colt McCoy and Cam Newton.

None of our QB's are going to sling it like Bray did but they don't have to -- Aaron Murray doesn't sling it like Bray either nor do countless other dang fine QBs.

Worley had the misfortune of coming into games directly after Bray and that would make anyone look like they lacked magic regardless of the fact that Bray's production and the absolute beauty of the way he threw the ball didn't translate to wins. Worley also had to come into games with receivers and other players who were often 2nd string, he had to deal with the fact that everyone in the SEC knew we couldn't run the ball effectively, he had to come into games without having the reps with receivers that put QBs and WRs in sync with one another, he had to deal with WRs who didn't always know the routes and weren't used to him as QB, and he had to play for the worst coach we've ever had.

So yes, Worley has been judged too early and far too harshly by many fans. He may or may not wind up being the starter but I don't think we have any real clue how good or bad he is.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
I remember that pass. Favre had the strongest arm I've ever seen, so I compare everyone to him in that regard. Arm Strength doesn't matter, ask Pennington. Velocity does not always equal to distance. Just look at Colt McCoy and Cam Newton.

Wasnt it Jamarcus Russell that could throw it 50 yards from his knees? Velocity is only 1/3 of the puzzle. The other 2/3 are accuracy and being able to read a defense. Having one is not much good without having at least 1 of the other 2.

Reactions: 1 person
I've read bits and pieces here and elsewhere that both Worley and Peterman have been leaders in the off season. Also, that one freshman WR (North??) was doing lots of extra work in the mornings and evenings on his own. Not sure how much of this is true or not.

We need that kind of commitment from all of the WR's. I think our season will depend on how quick the passing game clicks.

VN Store

Back