Draftnics: Success rate for 1st round QBs

lamar stinks

He is inaccurate
even when he doesn’t “scramble” he still frantically scampers around the pocket

The ball never comes out, ever. You can’t run any semblance of an offense. It’s full backyard.

Ravens were 3rd in the league last year in offensive spending and Rams were 27th. 14th and 26th respectively in 2022.

Ravens scored 27 points combined in their 2 playoff losses those years.
I mentioned that the Ravens had good offensive weapons last year, although Andrews missed a good chunk of time.

While the Ravens spent more, Puka Nuka and Cooper Kupp are better WRs than Flowers and whoever their No.2 was (guessing OBJ). And Kyren Williams was a top 10 RB.

I mentioned that the Ravens had good offensive weapons last year, although Andrews missed a good chunk of time.

While the Ravens spent more, Puka Nuka and Cooper Kupp are better WRs than Flowers and whoever their No.2 was (guessing OBJ). And Kyren Williams was a top 10 RB.

I think Flowers looks awesome. Puka came out of nowhere and that seems like a credit to Stafford.

And it's not just about throwing targets.

Ravens OL was far superior to the Rams last year and if you swapped receivers everyone would talk about how awesome the Rams guys are and how lamar doesn’t have any weapons..

lamar stinks

He is inaccurate
even when he doesn’t “scramble” he still frantically scampers around the pocket

The ball never comes out, ever. You can’t run any semblance of an offense. It’s full backyard.

I would definitely put him at least in the 3rd tier with Stafford. I don't think he stinks. I just think it's gonna be hard to put together a SB run with him.

Ravens OL was far superior to the Rams last year and if you swapped receivers everyone would talk about how awesome the Rams guys are and how lamar doesn’t have any weapons..

I don't know about that. I mean it could be McVay's system that fits Kupp and Puka so well, but they are also great route runners and get good separation.

I don't know about that. I mean it could be McVay's system that fits Kupp and Puka so well, but they are also great route runners and get good separation.

But I don't think you can run the same **** with Lamar because it's all based on processing the field, timing, and accuracy. Stafford is an A on that stuff. Lamar is like a C+. What's he gonna do with Puka?

I can't remember who it was but some talking head broke down how the problem with Lamar in winning vs winning the big games is for the latter in the modern NFL it's all but a given a QB is going to have occasions where it's going to take some consistent high level passing. It isn't what "can" Lamar do but what can you reasonably "expect" him to do when such a time comes. It's not something he's really demonstrated much of to this point in his career.

I will say about Lamar, I just heard a great stat that yesterday was the first time he didn't cover as an underdog. So now he's 12-1-1 and that does illustrate how good he is as a floor-raiser for his teams.

I just don't think he's consistent enough as a ceiling raiser to make it through the playoffs, unless he has a sick team. His team this year is pretty good. He could win one. Worse QB's certainly have. I just don't expect him to. I feel like with the other top QB's in the non-Mahomes tier (Allen, Burrow, Stroud) it seems like a SB is an inevitability. Maybe it doesn't happen for them, but my mind just thinks it's happening based on what I see, and that's not what I see with Lamar.

About as good as Burrows so far.

Burrow outdueled Mahomes in Arrowhead today. Chiefs won because the Bengals DB bailed them out. It was over.

Burrow has been disappointing last season and this year, but he's also been really banged up. He was throwing every other day in camp this year, that's how weird his wrist injury is.

However, he might be Mr. Injury from here on out so maybe this is who he is. He takes so much damage. He had a sneak today and a sack where in both cases the 2nd guy to hit him clobbered him. His team/line and his habits are going to get him killed.

I forgot he was playing 1 on 22. You’re right! It’s clearly all him!

His 21 are better than Minshew's 21. He's at home. West coast teams do horribly on east coast early games historically. The deck was stacked in his favor. His 11 men on D kept the Raiders down all game. He threw a pick that kept the Raiders in it, and then all they needed to do to win was get some first downs in the 4th quarter, and they couldn't do it. 6 plays for -1 yards, and the D gassed out being on the field most of the 2nd half.

And if you actually watched, he's missing throws.

VN Store

Back