"Drinkwitch" Is such a Punk

Why is that? I thought the plan was to play every team at least every two years.
They’re supposed to do that, but w/ the uncertainty of the CFP going to 12 to 14 and the league potentially moving to 9 games in a few years they decided against it. So we play everyone next year that we play this year, just at their place, which is lazy IMO.

They’re supposed to do that, but w/ the uncertainty of the CFP going to 12 to 14 and the league potentially moving to 9 games in a few years they decided against it. So we play everyone next year that we play this year, just at their place, which is lazy IMO.
SEC going to 9 games is solely the decision of ESPN. Unless ESPN decides to pay more than the current contract requires, the SEC is stuck with 8 unless members schools elect to take a cut in revenue (1 more game for each of the 16 teams means 1 more loss for 8 of them). The potential for lost bowl revenue & lost CFP slot is too much hit for schools to absorb with player comp coming up.

Sankey screwed up not having a “growth clause” in the ESPN deal. I suspect SEC will try to parlay 16 team playoff support for additional revenue for a 9 SEC game season.

SEC going to 9 games is solely the decision of ESPN. Unless ESPN decides to pay more than the current contract requires, the SEC is stuck with 8 unless members schools elect to take a cut in revenue (1 more game for each of the 16 teams means 1 more loss for 8 of them). The potential for lost bowl revenue & lost CFP slot is too much hit for schools to absorb with player comp coming up.

Sankey screwed up not having a “growth clause” in the ESPN deal. I suspect SEC will try to parlay 16 team playoff support for additional revenue for a 9 SEC game season.
Exactly, it is ESPN’s call, but if Sankey played his cards right and the #’s comeback where Texas vs UGA, Bama vs UGA and other games crush it w/ the ratings, ESPN might be more willing to pony up some more $ for a 9th game. I also think the uncertainty of the ACC has played a role as well. If the SEC expanded to 18 or 20 you would have to go to 9 games.

Exactly, it is ESPN’s call, but if Sankey played his cards right and the #’s comeback where Texas vs UGA, Bama vs UGA and other games crush it w/ the ratings, ESPN might be more willing to pony up some more $ for a 9th game. I also think the uncertainty of the ACC has played a role as well. If the SEC expanded to 18 or 20 you would have to go to 9 games.
Correct on all points. Unfortunately Disney is bleeding money, stock isn’t doing great & ESPN has been told “pay your own way”. They have the SEC by the balls cause sEC can’t go anywhere until like 2036. This is the exact same situation SEC found itself in with CBS when A&M & Mizzou came in. ESPN bailed them out with a new contract. Sankey should have learned from that. He’s not the brilliant businessman SECN tries to make him out to be.

That’s fair, but I do think that Dorkowitz is on the short list w/ Kiffin .
I think Rhule and Lashlee are higher. Kiffin would do well but mississippi would overpay to keep him. JMO. Dorkwitz at Florida is a culture clash.

If Lebby makes a bowl game (which is possible) he would be a potentially scary hire at Florida.

Reactions: feathersax
Correct on all points. Unfortunately Disney is bleeding money, stock isn’t doing great & ESPN has been told “pay your own way”. They have the SEC by the balls cause sEC can’t go anywhere until like 2036. This is the exact same situation SEC found itself in with CBS when A&M & Mizzou came in. ESPN bailed them out with a new contract. Sankey should have learned from that. He’s not the brilliant businessman SECN tries to make him out to be.

I just can't like Sankey.......

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Are you just now realizing that? I mean, once they play a real SEC schedule, dude will be a paper tiger.

I don't think people realize how much Cody Schrader meant to that team last year. They'll be good this year, but nothing like last year.
They replaced him with two talented RBs
from the transfer portal

4-0 going into the A&M game, where the Ags will dismantle them and we will have a week of Drinkwitz yapping and all 384 Mizzou fans all screaming "4-1!"

Losses I can see for them:

1. ATM
2. Auburn
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

Maybe they drop one more out of the rest of the schedule, but I'm not sure that will happen given they are playing teams like the Mighty Buffalo Bulls and UMass (at UMASS - which is hilarious).

Nobody brags about beating Missouri.
This is most important takeaway that anyone needs to get from this discussion…an eternal truth. They are quite literally not a rival to anyone in this conference. They are a conference mandated filler game with their Junior College uniforms, rocks in their end zone, and mouthy bowl-cut Dollar Tree Kirby Smart head coach.

I still haven’t been able to accept their admittance to the conference. Shall not recognize.

This is most important takeaway that anyone needs to get from this discussion…an eternal truth. They are quite literally not a rival to anyone in this conference. They are a conference mandated filler game with their Junior College uniforms, rocks in their end zone, and mouthy bowl-cut Dollar Tree Kirby Smart head coach.

I still haven’t been able to accept their admittance to the conference. Shall not recognize.
From all the discussion on this board about Mizzou you would think they are a rival of the Vol’s. 🤔

Reactions: perico
From all the discussion on this board about Mizzou you would think they are a rival of the Vol’s. 🤔
Let me know when anyone actually compares Tennessee to Mizzou, and contemplates whether our season hinges on a win or loss to them.

Reactions: adam.vol
Looks like we are living rent free in their heads. You would think they would focus on an opponent who they will actually play this year, but nah.
The fact they DON’T play us this year is the reason they are being true Dorkowitz’s. Wouldn’t have the intestinal fortitude to say such things if they knew they had to back it up on the field against us.

I thought that also. Wish they played Memphis this year, that 34-27 game could have a different result. Mtsu? Their worst team in years.. I think the ZOO loses 3 even with that pansy schedule. Bama, Auburn, and Okla/A&M)
IIRC in the Memphis game Mizz had a 14 pt lead AND the ball on Memphis 40ish yard line with like 5 minutes left in the game. The only plays that beat you in that game...going for it on 4th down and not making it or a turn over. Mizz goes for it ...doesn't make it...gives Memphis the ball with plenty of time on the clock in GREAT field position. They sling a pass down the sideline and go score making it a one score game. We were all saying WHY would you go for it when all you wanted to do was run clock if you're Mizz. Punt the ball inside the 20 yard line (which is massively harder than on the 40 yard line) ...IMO Drink could have lost that game to an inferior Memphis team all because of a dumb decision.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have a good friend that officiates Vandy scrimmages. He’s never been a Vandy fan but he says this is a decent team this year. I’m not saying they’ll win anything but they could get somebody sleeping.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back