"Drinkwitch" Is such a Punk

IIRC in the Memphis game Mizz had a 14 pt lead AND the ball on Memphis 40ish yard line with like 5 minutes left in the game. The only plays that beat you in that game...going for it on 4th down and not making it or a turn over. Mizz goes for it ...doesn't make it...gives Memphis the ball with plenty of time on the clock in GREAT field position. They sling a pass down the sideline and go score making it a one score game. We were all saying WHY would you go for it when all you wanted to do was run clock if you're Mizz. Punt the ball inside the 20 yard line (which is massively harder than on the 40 yard line) ...IMO Drink could have lost that game to an inferior Memphis team all because of a dumb decision.
The Memphis game was supposed to be in Memphis, but Mizz decided they didn't want to come to Memphis and negotiated a " neutral site" in St. Louis. Memphis wasn't happy, but wanted to play them.

I think Rhule and Lashlee are higher. Kiffin would do well but mississippi would overpay to keep him. JMO. Dorkwitz at Florida is a culture clash.

If Lebby makes a bowl game (which is possible) he would be a potentially scary hire at Florida.
Indeed wrt the bold. If Lebby were to jump ship so soon from MSU, they might just euthanize their program down there in Starkville.

The Memphis game was supposed to be in Memphis, but Mizz decided they didn't want to come to Memphis and negotiated a " neutral site" in St. Louis. Memphis wasn't happy, but wanted to play them.
I can’t blame Mizzou not wanting to go to Memphis. I’ve seen a lot of schools get ***&ed there, including Tennessee.

Correct...actually I was told during the re-negotiations Memphis was not pleased with the money, location etc but was told by Mizz..."take it or leave it, we really don't care" and Mizz was ready to line up someone else. Memphis badly needed that game so still jumped at the opportunity. Memphis schedule this year is at least as pathetic as last years...I think they do play FSU at Tallahassee and that's pretty much it.

It’s Missouri. I don’t care what their coach does or says. I just point and laugh.

It’s like getting worked up over Kentucky beating us when Dooley or Pruitt were here. They are more respectable than Vandy, but who cares? They aren’t on our level, and they will never be on our level.

Let Drinkafith or whatever the hell his name his talk sh1t. They’ll come back to earth eventually and we will take care of them the next time we see them.

Drink’s a weird dude, but many of these coaches are these days. Freeze are Dabo and freaking odd. Beamer isn’t normal. Kirby looks like an uncircumcised haircut, and Napier comes across like the dude in Bill and Ted who isn’t smart enough complete a sentence so just yells “San Dimas high school football rules.”

Last edited:
SEC going to 9 games is solely the decision of ESPN. Unless ESPN decides to pay more than the current contract requires, the SEC is stuck with 8 unless members schools elect to take a cut in revenue (1 more game for each of the 16 teams means 1 more loss for 8 of them). The potential for lost bowl revenue & lost CFP slot is too much hit for schools to absorb with player comp coming up.

Sankey screwed up not having a “growth clause” in the ESPN deal. I suspect SEC will try to parlay 16 team playoff support for additional revenue for a 9 SEC game season.

This is one of a multitude of reasons the SEC will regret the decision to go to the dark side and deal with the devil, although they will obviously never admit it. The conference goes from being an important and valued part of CBS' sports programming to just more 'product' for the "world wide leader" to use as they see fit.

Sankey took the money and ran, and the consistently inferior broadcasts for SEC showcase games will only be the most obvious thing we will hate about being part of the "ESPN family". But at least we're rid of Danielson. :rolleyes:

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It’s Missouri. I don’t care what their coach does or says. I just point and laugh.

It’s like getting worked up over Kentucky beating us when Dooley or Pruitt were here. They are more respectable than Vandy, but who cares? They aren’t on our level, and they will never be on our level.

Let Drinkafith or whatever the hell his name his talk sh1t. They’ll come back to earth eventually and we will take care of them the next time we see them.

Drink’s a weird dude, but many of these coaches are these days. Freeze are Dabo and freaking odd. Beamer isn’t normal. Kirby looks like an uncircumcised haircut, and Napier comes across like the dude in Bill and Ted who isn’t smart enough complete a sentence so just yells “San Dimas high school football rules.”

They are even up with us on the series. I don't think they are that far off from our level:

1723760614966.png

Attachments

• 1723760614999.png
    1723760614999.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 1
IIRC in the Memphis game Mizz had a 14 pt lead AND the ball on Memphis 40ish yard line with like 5 minutes left in the game. The only plays that beat you in that game...going for it on 4th down and not making it or a turn over. Mizz goes for it ...doesn't make it...gives Memphis the ball with plenty of time on the clock in GREAT field position. They sling a pass down the sideline and go score making it a one score game. We were all saying WHY would you go for it when all you wanted to do was run clock if you're Mizz. Punt the ball inside the 20 yard line (which is massively harder than on the 40 yard line) ...IMO Drink could have lost that game to an inferior Memphis team all because of a dumb decision.
Missouri went for it on 4th down in the 3rd quarter with 6:54 left at the Memphis 31, following an interception.

The drives in the last 5 minutes of the game went:

- Missouri TD 5 play, 75 yard drive (making it 34-20 Missouri with 2:46 left)

- Memphis TD 8 play, 75 yard drive (making it 34-27 Missouri with 1:21 left)

- Missouri running out the last 1:21 of the game.

Missouri went for it on 4th down in the 3rd quarter with 6:54 left at the Memphis 31, following an interception.

The drives in the last 5 minutes of the game went:

- Missouri TD 5 play, 75 yard drive (making it 34-20 Missouri with 2:46 left)

- Memphis TD 8 play, 75 yard drive (making it 34-27 Missouri with 1:21 left)

- Missouri running out the last 1:21 of the game.
Maybe it was 3rd quarter. My memory isn't very good anymore. Actually...that's even worse being it was the third quarter.... I guess that's why we all thought it was a really bad decision (which it was). Especially against a team the caliber of Memphis. Thanks for the correction.

VN Store

Back