DucksflyinPAC Answer[ed] Questions And/Or Refute[d] Ridiculous Claims

Well, I have never ever seen another band play our fight song, not ever, not in a video of their practice, nothing. First time and it was awesome. I was grinning the whole time thinking how awefull lucky those vol players were to hear such a wonderful song! :)

does it involve duck calls?

Here are my questions:

How does it feel to have never won a National Championship in football?
Does it sting or have you just come to terms with the fact you are not able to ever win the big one?

How does it feel to be in a Conference that would totally fall apart if USC was not part of it?Does it make you feel inferior to know this?

How does it feel to know we have more National Championships than you do Conference Championships?

Does that help you understand how big a piece of **** your team has been for nearly 100 years and that you got lucky as **** to play us during the one part of our legendary history where you actually have a shot at winning?

How does it feel to know our team's nickname represents men who died in battle and saved Texas from Mexico and your mascot is just some dumb bird who dances around and makes people laugh?

In a nutshell...how does it feel to know you have about a 5 year period before you go back to being USC's ***** again?

I'm ok with all that :hi:

Every time I see this intended insult I think of a starving duck fan stumbling across a baloney sammich and then having some non duck fan jump out of the bushes and attempt to ridicule that delicious looking sammie by telling tales of the porterhouse they enjoyed in years past.

We may or may not make it to the steak but the baloney we have now beats hell out of the ramen we were used to back in the great depression of Oregon football. All in all, my belly is pretty full, how about yours?

Reactions: 1 person

Every time I see this intended insult I think of a starving duck fan stumbling across a baloney sammich and then having some non duck fan jump out of the bushes and attempt to ridicule that delicious looking sammie by telling tales of the porterhouse they enjoyed in years past.

We may or may not make it to the steak but the baloney we have now beats hell out of the ramen we were used to back in the great depression of Oregon football. All in all, my belly is pretty full, how about yours?

*bologne

The duck that started this fiasco of a thread may have incited some of these responses.

How does it feel to know our team's nickname represents men who died in battle and saved Texas from Mexico and your mascot is just some dumb bird who dances around and makes people laugh?

Some of us Ducks recognize the traditions and success of UT's storied program. We are enjoying our current success. I just choose not to be a douche about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Probably, but as a guest, I didn't want to come off prickish to the guys that I enjoy talking to on here.

Very nice responses.

I wish you guys the best of luck.

As long as you continue to play the way you have been, you will eventually get that NC. It's just basic odds.

Reactions: 3 people
...Can it work? Sure, in unique situations that Oregon finds itself.
Would it work in the SEC long-term? I doubt it...
... what most fans don't understand out West is you need a whole 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string of trees to get through a typical SEC schedule. LSU has almost no seniors, why? because they are all in the NFL, but no rest for the wicked, we still need 3 strings of personnel to get through a season...
...There are teams that can beat the SEC teams on any given day, happens all the time, heck I think Clemson is a fine football team.... however, they already look beat to hell. Now imagine they have LSU, Bama and UF coming up in a row.
Look at Missouri, they look like they went through the washer and dryer about 1000s times last year.
The SEC is a meat grinder. How many teams could survive the next month and a half of UT's schedule?...
I think this is something that other conferences and fans just can't understand. Playing and beating a SEC team is not impossible. Playing SEC teams week after week is what makes it tough. I think a good way of relating is; Go to the rack and bench press 350 lbs for 10 reps. The guy at the next bench could only press 305 lbs. Are you as good or better? Maybe just then. What you failed to realize was; he just finished 8 reps of his 3rd set which peaked at 425lbs. Hope that made sense. If not, you haven't drank as much rum as me. :crazy:
"Bologna" :thumbsup:

Solid! :salute:

Probably, but as a guest, I didn't want to come off prickish to the guys that I enjoy talking to on here.

Amazing how simple it is, isn't it? We could talk a lot of good football on these boards if someone would just drop the moron bomb and wipe out all the idiots.

It must be under 48 hours till gameday, because I've almost talked myself into believing that we might be able to run the ball on you guys.

Reactions: 1 person
Some of your fellow ducks don't share your sense of propriety.

Of course not, because we are like a band with its first hit song. We have rappers and athletes all over wearing our jerseys, most of whom didn't know we existed 10 years ago.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s when just beating Oregon State meant a successful season. We had little runs of success here and there.

I went to UO when Harrington was the QB and things turned the corner then. It's a slow process for us, and many of the so called fans of ours are just hopping on the ride, with no idea where we came from, or what our place is in the world of college football.

I'm not here to kiss butt or to start crap. Neyland opened my eyes to tradition. My best friends and I got to see first hand how serious you take your football out there. I think this home and home is a pretty special thing. I met a lot of people out there that showed me hospitality and now three years have passed and it's our turn.

Real duck fans have class. We are just enjoying finally winning a Rose Bowl and the chance to win the big one one of these years.

Reactions: 4 people
Of course not, because we are like a band with its first hit song. We have rappers and athletes all over wearing our jerseys, most of whom didn't know we existed 10 years ago.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s when just beating Oregon State meant a successful season. We had little runs of success here and there.

I went to UO when Harrington was the QB and things turned the corner then. It's a slow process for us, and many of the so called fans of ours are just hopping on the ride, with no idea where we came from, or what our place is in the world of college football.

I'm not here to kiss butt or to start crap. Neyland opened my eyes to tradition. My best friends and I got to see first hand how serious you take your football out there. I think this home and home is a pretty special thing. I met a lot of people out there that showed me hospitality and now three years have passed and it's our turn.

Real duck fans have class. We are just enjoying finally winning a Rose Bowl and the chance to win the big one one of these years.

:hi:

True, but are any SEC stadiums so close to the players as ours? I don't think so. Our field is super tiny on both sides of the field. There is hardly any room for the teams. And no in-between the hedges thing for us. Nope, our field is down in a pit. And the fans are literally right almost on top of the visiting players only a couple feet away.

What Coaches Have Said

"The biggest mistake people made going in there was trying to instigate the crowd and say bring it on, because they brought it on and usually it was followed by three illegal procedure penalties after that." - Jeff Tedford, Cal Head Coach

Kiffin said Oregon's Autzen Stadium is the loudest stadium in the country, a bold claim - especially after he made trips to Tuscaloosa (Alabama) and Gainesville (Florida) last year.
"I still think Autzen Stadium is louder than all those (Alabama, Florida) places" - Lane Kiffin, USC Head Coach

"That's the loudest stadium I've ever been in." - Lloyd Carr, former Michigan Head Coach

"You know, the noise is one aspect, but you can feel the intensity of their crowd." - Pete Carroll, Former USC Head Coach

"I can assure you that the stories are not overblown. In my travels, I've been to at least 90 different stadiums for college football games, the two loudest places I've ever been to are Autzen Stadium and at Syracuse in the (Carrier) Dome. It is extremely loud." - Dirk Koetter, Former ASU Head Coach

What Players Have Said

Adrian Peterson shook his helmeted head and slapped his earholes. But the ringing wouldn't stop.
"OOOOOOOOOOOOO..."
As the Oklahoma Sooners stood in the tunnel of Autzen Stadium ready to hit the field, the walls around them vibrated like a tuning fork. The air felt thick with what sounded like a World War I biplane parked under the goalpost 15 yards in front of them.
"OOOOOOOOOOOOO..."
"It was like some sort of crazy torture in the movies. How do people do that so long without taking a breath? I think my ears are still ringing." – Former Oklahoma Running Back, Adrian Peterson in an ESPN article

"Autzen Stadium is a combination of being super loud and how close they are. From my memory, it felt like it was 10 feet between the sideline and the crowd. No crowd usually gets to me. Oregon is the only one that stands out in my mind that has gotten to me. I was just like, 'Shut up!'" – Former Cal Running Back, Jahvid Best

"The biggest thing I remember about that game is the crowd. The crowd noise is crazy up there. Honestly, any other away game I don't really even hear the crowd. Oregon was the only place where it really got on my nerves." - Former Cal Running Back, Jahvid Best

What the Media Has Said

"Autzen Stadium is the most intimidating college football stadium in the nation." – Matt Hayes, The Sporting News

"Sitting in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, Oregon's Autzen Stadium is one of college football's hidden jewels. Before kickoff, Autzen is as peaceful as the Willamette River, which runs through Eugene just a few minutes from the stadium. After kickoff, the fans – even the alumni – forget who they are, where they come from and what their degree is in. The audience adopts a new collective identity for the next three-and-a-half hours: the 12th, 13th and 14th man. Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than any place I've ever been, and that includes "The Swamp" at Florida, "The Shoe" in Columbus and "Death Valley" at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die." – J. Brady McCullough, The Michigan Daily

"So loud, I can't hear the phone for two days." - Keith Jackson, ABC

"If you've never been to a game at Autzen Stadium, do yourself a favor and get there soon. One word for the experience. Loud. Hurt your ears loud. Make them bleed loud. The Big Ten has nothing as loud as Autzen." – BigTenTailgate.com

"Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon where the Oregon Ducks play all of their home games has a seating capacity of guess what, 55,000. The loudest decibel reading that was ever recorded during a football game was at a game at Autzen Stadium. This is the best home field advantage in ALL of college football! Sorry SEC and the Big Ten. It is louder than Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, and Tennessee, all of which can hold more than 100,000 fans on game day. Think about it. Oregon fans can make more noise than stadiums twice their size. ... So how can a smaller stadium crowd make more noise than those huge places, and even be louder than Sanford Stadium at UGA? Because they know when to cheer and how to be effective in doing it!" - Michael Goldfeder, isportsweb

"I'm back to list the overall top 10 most intimidating stadiums in the nation. ... For the overall top 10, it's back to the basics - the 10 most intimidating stadiums for one game and one game only:"

Autzen Stadium, Oregon
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Florida
Kyle Field, Texas A&M
Tiger Stadium, LSU
Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State
Ohio Stadium, Ohio State
Lane Stadium, Virginia Tech
Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame
Memorial Stadium, Nebraska

- Bruce Feldman, ESPN

(and many more)
Oregon Gridiron :: Autzen Stadium Quotes

Is it a coincidence that the top two on the list their mascots have BIG mouths!!! Just saying Also didn't Tiger stadium at LSU have a night game that showed up on the richter scale?

I actually really liked Coach Butch's mini press speech at the end.... Esp, "It takes discipline to go on the road, playing a tremendous opponent, a great opponent in a hostile environment..." Yes it does coach. And we will see this Saturday if you have that discipline. For not only do we come at you with great misdirection and that takes mighty discipline to not be fooled. But our fans are literally a few feet away from your players. They will hear it from our fans taunting them and it will seem like the whole Stadium too is right on top of your guys driving them crazy. And your players ears will ring for many hours after the game. But the fans right behind your sidelines are so close to talk to you- you hearing every such word when we are on Offense, whisper quiet in the stadium. Basically, it will be hell for your players. Our fans will drive them crazy, the noise. And our super tiny, super crappy visitors locker-room, and the painful long plane-ride back home. Your fans flying in will have fun, for at least they get to tailgate with cool Ducks. However, it will be hell on earth for your players. Their ears will still be hurting badly when they arrive back in Knoxville. Autzen Stadium a visiting players single worse nightmare! Down in the pit of hell...I feel bad for what your players are going to go through...If you only knew...

Not trying to start anything but some of these players almost beat lsu in tiger stadium, the loudest stadium in the country.

Not sure but I believe it was the same year they beat yall

Oregon is my favorite team out on the left coast. Probably due to having to listen to how great USC or UCLA was for years....on & off. However....I hope we beat the snot out of you on Saturday...then you win the remainder of your games! Hope we can play with discipline and keep it close. One scary thing I read....for a third of our team, this will be their first road game. Yikes!

Not trying to start anything but some of these players almost beat lsu in tiger stadium, the loudest stadium in the country.

Not sure but I believe it was the same year they beat yall

It wasn't the same year. Oregon was undefeated until losing to Auburn that year.

I even bought an Oregon shirt for that :(

It wasn't the same year. Oregon was undefeated until losing to Auburn that year.

I even bought an Oregon shirt for that :(

Actually just remembered it was 2011 because Hunter and Bray were hurt and Darick and Tyrann Mathieu were trash talking each other

AU and UO played in 2010

VN Store

Back