EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

I am absolute trash at this game. I guess I'm just getting old and my reactionary speed just isn't there anymore lol. It's like I'm throwing against 11 DB's and they're bringing another 11 blitzing at the same time. I can't find an open receiver and as soon as I snap the ball the d-line obliterates my o-line lol.

I am absolute trash at this game. I guess I'm just getting old and my reactionary speed just isn't there anymore lol. It's like I'm throwing against 11 DB's and they're bringing another 11 blitzing at the same time. I can't find an open receiver and as soon as I snap the ball the d-line obliterates my o-line lol.
Gotta use the run to set up the pass

Drag routes and Stick routes . If you’re playing w/ UT Go 5 wide, run a drag route. it makes the LB go into coverage or the Safety come down and cover Matthews. You can get some YACs w/ him on the drag route or an option route where he runs an out route. Also opens the middle of the field for slants on the opposite side of the field .

Reactions: Pennheel
Our o line is pretty bad on the game. I'm a decent player and I feel like I have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball sometimes.

Drag routes and Stick routes . If you’re playing w/ UT Go 5 wide, run a drag route. it makes the LB go into coverage or the Safety come down and cover Matthews. You can get some YACs w/ him on the drag route or an option route where he runs an out route. Also opens the middle of the field for slants on the opposite side of the field .
You could always switch to a more traditional playbook. Something like Texas or UGA or Bama. I love our play style in real life but not totally sure I can pull it off in the game lol.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
You could always switch to a more traditional playbook. Something like Texas or UGA or Bama. I love our play style in real life but not totally sure I can pull it off in the game lol.
100%. The physics don't work will in a video games as it does irl. I feel like to many times the routes we use kinda like a pick.. Just don't work

It’s been a little complicated. I’m getting better w/ some of the RPO stuff. The wide splits take too long to develop on some stuff.

Anyone struggling on offense. On the short side of field. Wide out streak, slot/te corner, backfield flat. It's plagued Madden for years. You can hit the corner on the sideline every play. Checkdown will be whatever the user leaves to cover the corner.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Our o line is pretty bad on the game. I'm a decent player and I feel like I have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball sometimes.
From what I hear OL play is an across-the-board issue. I play a dynasty with UConn and RTG with Michigan and both OLs are equally atrocious.

Yea it seems kind of random but sometimes a rusher just blows through untouched. I don’t complain too much because Pearce does this for me on occasion as well when I’m controlling another defender. On screens it’s like I press the button to pass as fast as I realistically can but still end up on my back throwing a wild pass or chunking it in the dirt.

Yea it seems kind of random but sometimes a rusher just blows through untouched. I don’t complain too much because Pearce does this for me on occasion as well when I’m controlling another defender. On screens it’s like I press the button to pass as fast as I realistically can but still end up on my back throwing a wild pass or chunking it in the dirt.
Part of it is the quick jump ability when that happens.

My biggest complaint(I don't hate it I'm just not good at them) Is FG kicking. I don't think I've made a kick over 49 yards.

Based on the difficulty of the meter (especially on the road) the directional arrow should stay put without having to hold the analog stick. I play pretty much exclusively online against random people and I’ve missed 2 pretty easy fgs to win a game that sent the game into overtime where I lost.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Based on the difficulty of the meter (especially on the road) the directional arrow should stay put without having to hold the analog stick. I play pretty much exclusively online against random people and I’ve missed 2 pretty easy fgs to win a game that sent the game into overtime where I lost.
I made one game winner front 28 yards, and I think thats the only kick I've made online. That wasn't an XP

I’ll agree with that. Pass protection is the larger issue by far.
Part of my issue with passing is I don't "see" the field well enough to find the open receiver before protection breaks down. I just sort of pre-determine which WR I'm going throw to and hope for the best.

Part of my issue with passing is I don't "see" the field well enough to find the open receiver before protection breaks down. I just sort of pre-determine which WR I'm going throw to and hope for the best.
I've never been great at reading defenses, but I've always been able to make at least two reads after the snap even in blitzing situations. Not the case in '25.

What I've experienced with Tennessee's defense is that it's definitely a "bend but don't break" style, just like in real life. Nobody can run on me and I get a lot of sacks. But my secondary gets absolutely picked apart! Opposing WR's are ALWAYS open. Teams march up and down the field on me, and I can never seem to get a 3rd down stop between the 20's! Yet somehow I manage to get a lot of red zone stops and timely turnovers.

Here's a list of things I'm already wanting to see in next year's game...

1. FCS teams
2. Dynamic day/night cycle
3. Dynamic weather
4. Full Roster Customization (outside of recruiting)
5. The ability to transfer players directly into Madden.
6. Real coaches and likenesses.

Tennessee specific...

1. Show the players exiting the locker room and slapping the "I Will Give My All..." sign.
2. Smokey Gray alternate unis
3. More dynamic field entrance, showing the T opening up and players running out of the tunnel.
4. Have John Ward's "It's Football Time In Tennesee" call at home games. (Pipe dream I know).

VN Store

Back