EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Jalen Milroe might be the greatest CPU quarterback I’ve ever seen. He was unstoppable. Had him in the backfield multiple times and just bounced off of a sack from Pearce and threw a strike for 1 of his 6 tds. It was absurd.
It's unbelievable to remember than he was briefly benched last year.

It won't be remembered that way, but last season might have been Saban's best coaching job. It was a great way for him to go out.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Christ on his throne!! I was playing Florida last night. I was winning 35-23 with less than a minute left and I was on their goal line, about to rub it in, and our damn power went out!! I lost the entire game! Mother %$#@!!!

It's unbelievable to remember than he was briefly benched last year.

It won't be remembered that way, but last season might have been Saban's best coaching job. It was a great way for him to go out.
Agreed. They were very flawed, but improved a lot as the season went on. They got lucky at Auburn, but they were also a decent Center away from winning another national title. They had Michigan on the ropes and blew it. They would’ve beaten Washington.

I'm still having a ton of fun with this game. I'm 18-6 online using TN every game. 2 of my losses were my first 2 game when I was still learning the game.
I had a barn burner last night, won 27-24 in OT against a Penn St user. That running back they have is ridiculous.

My record is like 14-12 online (all I play). My first 10 game block was kinda rough while getting the hang of it. There’s been a handful of games where nothing I did seemed to worked but most have been close and competitive. I’ve lost 4-5 where I’ve missed a fg to win then lose in OT or miss a fg to send it to OT. In my 2nd 10 game block I made it to the playoffs and lost to Iowa in the sugar bowl. Couldn’t stop their TE at the end. Working on my 3rd block now and may make the playoffs again.

Finished my first season as UT in my offline dynasty. Losses to OU, Arky, and UGA. Made it into the playoffs but lost to Penn State in the first round. Nico winning a natty next year.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
My record is like 14-12 online (all I play). My first 10 game block was kinda rough while getting the hang of it. There’s been a handful of games where nothing I did seemed to worked but most have been close and competitive. I’ve lost 4-5 where I’ve missed a fg to win then lose in OT or miss a fg to send it to OT. In my 2nd 10 game block I made it to the playoffs and lost to Iowa in the sugar bowl. Couldn’t stop their TE at the end. Working on my 3rd block now and may make the playoffs again.
I used to search and play anybody, but now I change my setting to just search tier 2. I'll go back to playing anybody when I feel better on the game.

Supposedly it was a patch to fix how many times FCS upsets P4 schools when games are sim’d.

Plus some random uniform/field issues for some schools.

Yeah but FCS still upsetting a ton of P4 in my dynasty. Maybe you have to start a new dynasty to get the effect? Plus they also need to look into group of 5 teams upsetting as well. Happens a little much as well. Will be interesting to see how they address it. I get they want dynasty mode to vary every time you play it but ****** teams shouldn’t come out and win big in the first couple years at least. Let their builds be more organic. Hope they figure it out.

I'm still having a ton of fun with this game. I'm 18-6 online using TN every game. 2 of my losses were my first 2 game when I was still learning the game.
I had a barn burner last night, won 27-24 in OT against a Penn St user. That running back they have is ridiculous.

Offensive gameplay is fun. Might need to adjust some sliders, running the ball is a bit too easy at times. Defensively I’m hopeless. I’ll learn it eventually 💀

Offensive gameplay is fun. Might need to adjust some sliders, running the ball is a bit too easy at times. Defensively I’m hopeless. I’ll learn it eventually 💀

Sliders don’t work for online play when you’re playing other people.

Reactions: UTK
Is there a way to encourage kids to portal out? I’m in my first offseason and Barion Brown is in the portal and wants to come here but I got 65 overall Nate Spillman taking his roster spot.

Also, how can you sim a game like you could in the old ones. Where you don’t want to play but you want to know who wins. All I see is “force home win” or “force away win” which seems way too manipulative

You can do that just before recruiting starts each season. I don’t like how you can only make moves once per season. I also don’t like how you get stuck with freshmen and have to let go 2nd - 5th year players to make roster limits.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
Sliders don’t work for online play when you’re playing other people.
Lost an absolute heart breaker tonight.
Ran an undefeated regular season, played USC in the Sugar bowl. Lost in OT 27-24.
They've got a 97 speed wide out that just killed me.
I'm sitting at 25-7 right now.

Lost an absolute heart breaker tonight.
Ran an undefeated regular season, played USC in the Sugar bowl. Lost in OT 27-24.
They've got a 97 speed wide out that just killed me.
I'm sitting at 25-7 right now.

I just lost to Nebraska 17-14. Dude ran for 4-5 yards a clip and there’s no defense in our playbook to stop it. His qb was player of the game going 2-3 for 22 yards passing. How do you sellout/crash the defense on this game?

I just lost to Nebraska 17-14. Dude ran for 4-5 yards a clip and there’s no defense in our playbook to stop it. His qb was player of the game going 2-3 for 22 yards passing. How do you sellout/crash the defense on this game?
R1 and then right stick down

Selling out is only used when the % is near 100%. It's not a good idea. To stop a good player that uses a run heavy offense, you need to learn run fits of the different coverage shells. You can display the run gaps each player is assigned by holding L2+R2 and then circle or square. The same way you do in Madden even though you guys won't admit it's a carbon copy.

My personal advice, don't use blitz plays to stop the run. The best generic run defense is cover 4 quarters (not from pass defense formations, my favorite is 3-4) with the safeties moved down manually and good user gap control. It's quite easy when you learn what gap your player needs to fill and shoot it and let your safeties clean up. You'll notice that quarters defense is one of the few plays that have both the safeties playing run fits, which means, if it's a handoff their animation steps toward the los and abandons their zone animation. That's a basic explanation.

Ps. I only pass commit on long yardage plays unless the player never runs. Pass commit audible will take away the run fits of your coverage meaning the animation will remain a zone animation until the runner breaks the LOS. This is not real football, it's an animation based video game with triggers for animation. It has the exact same triggers as current Madden.

Last edited:
Selling out is only used when the % is near 100%. It's not a good idea. To stop a good player that uses a run heavy offense, you need to learn run fits of the different coverage shells. You can display the run gaps each player is assigned by holding L2+R2 and then circle or square. The same way you do in Madden even though you guys won't admit it's a carbon copy.

My personal advice, don't use blitz plays to stop the run. The best generic run defense is cover 4 quarters (not from pass defense formations, my favorite is 3-4) with the safeties moved down manually and good user gap control. It's quite easy when you learn what gap your player needs to fill and shoot it and let your safeties clean up. You'll notice that quarters defense is one of the few plays that have both the safeties playing run fits, which means, if it's a handoff their animation steps toward the los and abandons their zone animation. That's a basic explanation.

Ps. I only pass commit on long yardage plays unless the player never runs. Pass commit audible will take away the run fits of your coverage meaning the animation will remain a zone animation until the runner breaks the LOS. This is not real football, it's an animation based video game with triggers for animation. It has the exact same triggers as current Madden.

I don’t plan on selling out all the time but there are times when you need to just to keep someone that’s running all over you guessing. We also don’t have a 3-4 defense to choose from. There are no custom playbooks that can be used online only team specific and of course Tennessee’s blows. That’s on both offense and defense. I’m also convinced there’s some sort of hot route glitch. I made it to the cotton bowl at the end of my 10 game block and was playing Arizona. The dude would hot route multiple times and coincidentally the same receiver would always be wide open on a streak no matter what type of coverage or how you shifted the coverage. If you tried to stop it manually he would run the indefensible TE corner route on the other side. It’s all good though I know it’s just a game and there’s always dudes, especially online, that will try and ruin the game worse than EA always does.

Gotta user, or at least I do. Run cover 3, use the safety that isn't in a deep blue, and crash down hard at the snap. Also hit left on the D Pad then down on the right stick and this crashes your D line middle without your whole team run committing. If you lineup about 7-8 yards off the ball the o line doesn't see your user pre snap and you should be able to shoot the gap untouched and then it's 1 on 1 with your users.

What gives me the most trouble is keeping mobile QB's in the pocket. Contains are horrible.

Gotta user, or at least I do. Run cover 3, use the safety that isn't in a deep blue, and crash down hard at the snap. Also hit left on the D Pad then down on the right stick and this crashes your D line middle without your whole team run committing. If you lineup about 7-8 yards off the ball the o line doesn't see your user pre snap and you should be able to shoot the gap untouched and then it's 1 on 1 with your users.

What gives me the most trouble is keeping mobile QB's in the pocket. Contains are horrible.

Ok I’ll give some of that a try. I’ve gotten better at qb contains. Having to always be weary of that pretty much takes away any gap control. Going R1 R1 helps keep them in the pocket. If you’re lucky sometimes you can get to him with Pearce before he finds a gap. Mixing it up sometimes playing a LB manually to spy/cover. Most guys like to roll right before they take off and Bailey is too slow to always get outside fast enough. Some packages allow you to swap DE putting Pearce on the strong side and he can run down about any qb. There’s only one spy defense in our entire defensive playbook and that’s a man defense in nickel but again our LBs are so bad it doesn’t help much and our horrid DBs will get chewed most of the time in man coverage. I haven’t really looked but their awareness must be awful because they can be in perfect position and not even attempt to make a play.

Ok I’ll give some of that a try. I’ve gotten better at qb contains. Having to always be weary of that pretty much takes away any gap control. Going R1 R1 helps keep them in the pocket. If you’re lucky sometimes you can get to him with Pearce before he finds a gap. Mixing it up sometimes playing a LB manually to spy/cover. Most guys like to roll right before they take off and Bailey is too slow to always get outside fast enough. Some packages allow you to swap DE putting Pearce on the strong side and he can run down about any qb. There’s only one spy defense in our entire defensive playbook and that’s a man defense in nickel but again our LBs are so bad it doesn’t help much and our horrid DBs will get chewed most of the time in man coverage. I haven’t really looked but their awareness must be awful because they can be in perfect position and not even attempt to make a play.
I think Baileys lack of speed was the biggest issue.
What worked best last night, it's either in 425 or Nickel Mint but there's a play called cover 2 contain with stock contains. The stock ones play a ton better rather than manually containing for some reason.

I think Baileys lack of speed was the biggest issue.
What worked best last night, it's either in 425 or Nickel Mint but there's a play called cover 2 contain with stock contains. The stock ones play a ton better rather than manually containing for some reason.

I’m pretty sure that’s 4-2-5. It actually sends a DT in coverage. The bad thing is it’s cover 2. I prefer stock ones as well but it’s severely limited with the crap playbook.

I’m pretty sure that’s 4-2-5. It actually sends a DT in coverage. The bad thing is it’s cover 2. I prefer stock ones as well but it’s severely limited with the crap playbook.
Yeah that's the one. To counter the DT going into coverage I was putting my user on a blitz in between Pearce and the DT then peeling off after the snap. That way the game thinks I was still rushing 4.

VN Store

Back