EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Question, does this game not just have a "Season Mode" where you simply pick your team and play through the actual 2024 season? Right now that's all I want to do and I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have NCAA back but after spending a couple of days playing, I'm quickly reminded of reasons why I hate EA football and wish so badly that 2K Sports still made their football game. NFL 2K5 is still the GOAT IMO.
EA could definitely take some notes from 2K

Just play dynasty and sim the recruiting

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
This is me too. There’s a ton of icons on the players I have no idea what they mean, and the mechanics of RPO plays are a complete mystery to me, which wipes out nearly 1/3 of every playbook. An in depth tutorial to bring people who have been out of the game for a while up to speed would have been massively helpful. I just want to play the game, not spend hours on YouTube doing homework.
The RPO, or even just regular options are hard to execute for sure. I went to practice and even practicing it over and over I can’t get it to pull off regularly. The game says hold X and the qb will hold instead of hand off, but for me it seems to only happen every now and then.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
The RPO, or even just regular options are hard to execute for sure. I went to practice and even practicing it over and over I can’t get it to pull off regularly. The game says hold X and the qb will hold instead of hand off, but for me it seems to only happen every now and then.
RPO’s take some time getting use to it. On an RPO holding X will hand off, an a straight option holding X the QB will keep it

RPO’s definitely the best option in this game, along with choice routes

The jump between varsity to Heisman/AA is insane. Varsity I’ll be James Madison and smoke top 5 teams. Heisman and Tennessee’s oline can’t hold a block against anyone

Madden is sm different the highest difficulty on there is still relatively easy
I heard an interview where the developers were talking about this. They wanted it to be much more difficult for a lower tier team to beat an upper tier, as well as upgrading your lower tier dynasty group. I like that aspect of it .

RPO’s take some time getting use to it. On an RPO holding X will hand off, an a straight option holding X the QB will keep it

RPO’s definitely the best option in this game, along with choice routes
I go to pass on a lot of RPOs and it ignores the receiver button I press and just hands it off. Really my only complaint about gameplay

Reactions: Pennheel
The jump between varsity to Heisman/AA is insane. Varsity I’ll be James Madison and smoke top 5 teams. Heisman and Tennessee’s oline can’t hold a block against anyone

Madden is sm different the highest difficulty on there is still relatively easy

Agree. Was playing against Kent State on AA yesterday and quit in frustration after I fell behind 20-7. Restarted and played on Varsity and won 84-3

Anyone else try to audible in a top 10 away stadium? You can’t change plays no matter how many time you try it sometimes. I know it’s called “audible”, but why have the players turn to the sidelines then? Even when I was up on A&M by 35, I couldn’t call an audible.

I'm having so much fun playing this game right now. Sampson is a cheat code but he fumbles a lot.
My last game last night, I had like 315 rushing yards.
Sampson hard 160 and 2 TD's
Seldon had 120 and 2 scores
And then a mix of Lewis, Keith, and Bishop had the rest.

I started single player Dynasty over the weekend on Veteran. I'm getting the hang of it, more and more. Passing is still a problem for me, as I feel that it is largely a crap shoot. I don't "see" the field like I should. I just kind of pre-determine who I'm going to throw it to and hope for the best. My running game is absolutely beast mode though!

I'm playing through the current season and I had back to back overtime games with Oklahoma and Arkansas with both ending the exact same way. I got pick sixes in both games to win them! Pretty exciting stuff!

If anyone has an online dynasty you haven't been able to access try clearing your MAC address. Worked for me and my friend. This is XSX not sure if you can do it on PS.

VN Store

Back