EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

XP sliders are absolutely broken in dynasty. Even at XP set to 0 the number of 80+ overall players by year 4 of dynasty more than doubles for almost every position

Reactions: BallinVol
The lack of custom playbooks for online play is really disappointing and makes you work way more than you should have to. I’m not sure if this was some way that EA was trying to curb “cheesing” but all they did was make it more prevalent. The qb scrambler is an old one yet Tennessee has ONE spy defense in the entire defensive playbook. Yes you can do a work around manually but you shouldn’t have to. If anything they should do away with hot routes and only allow default audibles (not sure if that’s already a thing). Your depth chart is something else that should carry over. The offensive playbook isn’t a lot better but it’s definitely better than the defensive one.

Reactions: adam.vol
The lack of custom playbooks for online play is really disappointing and makes you work way more than you should have to. I’m not sure if this was some way that EA was trying to curb “cheesing” but all they did was make it more prevalent. The qb scrambler is an old one yet Tennessee has ONE spy defense in the entire defensive playbook. Yes you can do a work around manually but you shouldn’t have to. If anything they should do away with hot routes and only allow default audibles (not sure if that’s already a thing). Your depth chart is something else that should carry over. The offensive playbook isn’t a lot better but it’s definitely better than the defensive one.

I hate that you can’t assign players per the formation. I have two very good TE’s. One was a WR and the other was a RG. I want one in for blocking plays, the other for passing plays. Why is a little realism too much to expect?

I hate that you can’t assign players per the formation. I have two very good TE’s. One was a WR and the other was a RG. I want one in for blocking plays, the other for passing plays. Why is a little realism too much to expect?

You probably already know this but you can use the right analog stick to change personnel packages on the play select screen. Not sure it’ll give you what you want but it’s there.

Reactions: adam.vol
You probably already know this but you can use the right analog stick to change personnel packages on the play select screen. Not sure it’ll give you what you want but it’s there.

That’s not exactly what I want, but thank you.

Yup. 14 had that and it was great. Formation subs, I used to have 3 different formations between my first, second and third stringers and rotate through them.

Then once I tried to make an athlete be an athlete, had him at QB in one formation, HB in another and WR in the third. Tried to get 100 yards rushing, passing and receiving every game.

Reactions: adam.vol and C/O
Yup. 14 had that and it was great. Formation subs, I used to have 3 different formations between my first, second and third stringers and rotate through them.

Then once I tried to make an athlete be an athlete, had him at QB in one formation, HB in another and WR in the third. Tried to get 100 yards rushing, passing and receiving every game.

I would be unstoppable against the PC if that were in this game. I found a 6’ 8” 315 lbs guard that wasn’t good enough to start, so I changed him into a tight end where he’s a 97 overall. He pancakes LB’s and DE’s. I also found a 6’ 5” 205 lbs WR that kind of sucked, but he’s also in the low 90’s at TE. They each have a downside, but with formation subs, they would always be playing to their strengths. Maybe next year..

I would be unstoppable against the PC if that were in this game. I found a 6’ 8” 315 lbs guard that wasn’t good enough to start, so I changed him into a tight end where he’s a 97 overall. He pancakes LB’s and DE’s. I also found a 6’ 5” 205 lbs WR that kind of sucked, but he’s also in the low 90’s at TE. They each have a downside, but with formation subs, they would always be playing to their strengths. Maybe next year..
You should be able to do it manually while playing. It's a bit more work but same result.

Eric Rayweather posted a video yesterday of 10 things coming soon to the game. Idk if this is confirmed, but he’s definitely close with EA as a content creator. He mentioned timelines for a few of them.

1. More uniforms - did not elaborate if it would be DLC or free
2. More player likeness. Updates to current players and new players who didn’t get in at launch.
3. Ratings update - was already known, won’t be weekly, few times per year.
4. Updated logos
5. Gameplay updates - bug fixes & tuning, mentioned defense mostly, did mention the platinum 360 being patched.
6. Dynasty bug fixes - mentioned the poll logic, not being able to schedule visits for some recruits and super sim bug. Said these would be fixed in first or second update.
7. Recruiting tuning - said he did not know exact details on what or how it will be tuned.
8. Ability updates - will change based on real performance
9. Audio fixes - rocky top and Florida state chants can’t be heard on series X, dynasty mode having wrong commentary at times are planned fixes.
10. Commentary updates - Fowler re-recording a number of lines and updates to come.

One of the devs tweeted yesterday that they are working on it, at least I think they were referring to it.
I hope they don't go too far. The ability does need a tweak, but I think fixing defensive pursuit angles would help fix the issue. Would also help the game overall.

Eric Rayweather posted a video yesterday of 10 things coming soon to the game. Idk if this is confirmed, but he’s definitely close with EA as a content creator. He mentioned timelines for a few of them.

1. More uniforms - did not elaborate if it would be DLC or free
2. More player likeness. Updates to current players and new players who didn’t get in at launch.
3. Ratings update - was already known, won’t be weekly, few times per year.
4. Updated logos
5. Gameplay updates - bug fixes & tuning, mentioned defense mostly, did mention the platinum 360 being patched.
6. Dynasty bug fixes - mentioned the poll logic, not being able to schedule visits for some recruits and super sim bug. Said these would be fixed in first or second update.
7. Recruiting tuning - said he did not know exact details on what or how it will be tuned.
8. Ability updates - will change based on real performance
9. Audio fixes - rocky top and Florida state chants can’t be heard on series X, dynasty mode having wrong commentary at times are planned fixes.
10. Commentary updates - Fowler re-recording a number of lines and updates to come.
Loved the gameplay and graphics, but man it's hollow. Dynasty is garbage. I'll buy if they actually fix these things.

Reactions: UTK
The excitement of having the game back has started to wear off some now. Game needs a patch especially for dynasty mode badly. I can’t customize my schedules for some reason, conferences glitch out (some teams play 5 conference games and some play 6, 7, 8, 9) it’s totally illogical. Sim system is a mess. The gameplay is honestly fun , but dynasty has a lot that needs ironed out

The excitement of having the game back has started to wear off some now. Game needs a patch especially for dynasty mode badly. I can’t customize my schedules for some reason, conferences glitch out (some teams play 5 conference games and some play 6, 7, 8, 9) it’s totally illogical. Sim system is a mess. The gameplay is honestly fun , but dynasty has a lot that needs ironed out
It's the modern gaming world we live in unfortunately. Release an unpolished/unfinished game and promise to fix it with updates...

Last edited:
The sim system is awful. They could’ve imported one from an older game and it be better than this hot garbage.

Reactions: UTK
How many yall restart drills to get a better score and have a hundred circles on screen from the previous attempt at the drill? What about the prompt about skipping practice on bye weeks? Did this get beta tested at all?

How many yall restart drills to get a better score and have a hundred circles on screen from the previous attempt at the drill? What about the prompt about skipping practice on bye weeks? Did this get beta tested at all?
No. They did a few play nows, paid off all the twitch streamers to gas it up and reaped the early buy rewards. I personally have zero faith in EA fixing it.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back