EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Agree.

I mean, if I'm being completely honest, I feel like NCAA 14 dynasty was better.

Little things like not being able to create recruits, or edit recruited players, or being able to change current players numbers etc bothers me. I hate not seeing a fully scouted recruits “overall” ranking.

I hate how you can’t watch games. Sounds nerdy but I can’t tell you how many times there’d be a big game in my dynasty and I’d just have the computer play it out on my TV in the background while I worked on my honey do list or do work on the computer. Like watching a game IRL.

There are other issues but it sounds like EA is fixing some. The other day I was #2 in the country and beat the #1 team (uga). Advanced the week and they stayed at 1 and I dropped to 5. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, at least they’ve acknowledged the rankings. It seems like they will fix it. Another thing is not being able to sim individual games. You have to skip the whole week and then go back and look at who won.

I’ll give them until the end of August, if dynasty isn’t drastically fixed I’m probably over the game and most likely won’t buy any future installments. They had multiple years to make this first one and get it right.

I won 6 national titles in a row. Went undefeated 5 years in a row by playing every game. Simmed one game at the end of the 7th year and lost 14-9 to a 79 overall Vanderbilt. My team was a 96 overall.

I went ahead and won the national title, brought in another #1 recruiting class. Played and won every game until the last. Lost again summing to last in the SEC Vanderbilt. That’s garbage.
Are you on Heisman? Sounds boring tbh

Are you on Heisman? Sounds boring tbh

No. I play All American. I’m not trying to get the full PC takeover experience. I feel the need to have more control while I’m trying to learn the finer aspects of the game mechanics. I’ll move to Heisman when I’ve completed this first run. I’m 1/3 of the way there. I can entertain myself while trying to break the game. I’ve managed to become decent with hot routes due to not having to contend with mind blowing pc defense.

I can’t wrap my head around the deep ball. I can complete 13 streak passes in a game for a breakaway TD, but for some reason the CB can close a huge gap and intercept the ball every now and then. I’ve gone as far as recruiting receivers with 99 speed, but it doesn’t prevent the CB from finding god speed every once in a while and making a OBJ catch.

I also don’t understand what the interest triangles represent in recruiting. There will be a fully shaded one that is lower than the rest or a non filled triangle below. I have a couple presumptions, but I haven’t found a source to explain what it means.

All I know for sure is that overall ratings don’t mean a thing to the simulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennheel
I won 6 national titles in a row. Went undefeated 5 years in a row by playing every game. Simmed one game at the end of the 7th year and lost 14-9 to a 79 overall Vanderbilt. My team was a 96 overall.

I went ahead and won the national title, brought in another #1 recruiting class. Played and won every game until the last. Lost again summing to last in the SEC Vanderbilt. That’s garbage.
You spend an awful lot of time on a game that is garbage

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
And I'm happy people are enjoying it! I just expected a lot more polish.

It’s a very playable game. I kind of feels like they didn’t believe it was going to happen until it was time to release. The dynasty experience isn’t as immersive as it was in the past.

Examples:
The coach decisions do not have a large enough window to feel realistic.

I also strongly dislike coordinator hiring. I’ve built a 5 star program and can only choose between 5 rookie hires.

We can’t upgrade the facilities over a 30 years period.

There’s no way to improve academic prestige.

Skill tree progression caps after about 5 years. I can’t even add points to my rookie coordinators.

Coach prestige is terribly balanced. I go down to an A- when I’ve won every championship for years, due to a new coordinator. (I have a better record and more titles than Nick Saban ever dreamed of).

Conclusion:
All in all, I can’t find a good reason to play out the dynasty. There is nothing I could improve after 7 seasons.

It’s a very playable game. I kind of feels like they didn’t believe it was going to happen until it was time to release. The dynasty experience isn’t as immersive as it was in the past.

Examples:

I also strongly dislike coordinator hiring. I’ve built a 5 star program and can only choose between 5 rookie hires.

Skill tree progression caps after about 5 years. I can’t even add points to my rookie coordinators.

Coach prestige is terribly balanced. I go down to an A- when I’ve won every championship for years, due to a new coordinator. (I have a better record and more titles than Nick Saban ever dreamed of).

Conclusion:
All in all, I can’t find a good reason to play out the dynasty. There is nothing I could improve after 7 seasons.

Eventually they’ll be sliders that make it pretty challenging I’d suspect. But you’ll always have to ban yourself from certain “cheese plays” if you want a legitimate challenge. Just the nature of the beast

Eventually they’ll be sliders that make it pretty challenging I’d suspect. But you’ll always have to ban yourself from certain “cheese plays” if you want a legitimate challenge. Just the nature of the beast

Or play actual people.

Examples:

Conclusion:
Not sure what CFB game you were playing in the past that was more immersive. Not sure why a game mode where you’re the HC you’d be able to improve the academic program of your college or make renovations. Play madden and be the GM if you want that. I’ll agree on the cap for skill tree

Not sure what CFB game you were playing in the past that was more immersive. Not sure why a game mode where you’re the HC you’d be able to improve the academic program of your college or make renovations. Play madden and be the GM if you want that. I’ll agree on the cap for skill tree

I can easily answer that.

If you’re winning championships and if you’re winning nationally televised games, you’re making what they call “money”. When you have excessive money, that’s called a profit. When you’re working for a non-profit university, you spend that down on things like construction. The money you put into construction is called “improvements”.

If you are graduating players by keeping them through senior year, you’re increasing what they call a “graduation rate”. The higher your graduation rate, the higher your academic prestige should be.

Idk. Maybe I’m talking to the wrong crowd here.

I can easily answer that.

If you’re winning championships and if you’re winning nationally televised games, you’re making what they call “money”. When you have excessive money, that’s called a profit. When you’re working for a non-profit university, you spend that down on things like construction. The money you put into construction is called “improvements”.

If you are graduating players by keeping them through senior year, you’re increasing what they call a “graduation rate”. The higher your graduation rate, the higher your academic prestige should be.

Idk. Maybe I’m talking to the wrong crowd here.
Sure, and the head coach isn’t the one calling the shots on renovations and signing off on it. Graduation rate for a football team doesn’t make the school good. Duke bball has a graduation rate of 67%, you don’t think they’re a prestigious university?

Maybe they’ll make a game where you can be a president, chancellor or Athletic director of a college

Sure, and the head coach isn’t the one calling the shots on renovations and signing off on it. Graduation rate for a football team doesn’t make the school good. Duke bball has a graduation rate of 67%, you don’t think they’re a prestigious university?

Maybe they’ll make a game where you can be a president, chancellor or Athletic director of a college

I do not think Duke’s basketball program has very strong academic prestige, which is all that should matter when an athlete is prioritizing academics. Academics has not been relevant to their basketball program since Coach K started recruiting one and done athletes.

The football team is a cash cow in a much larger athletic program. The coach may not have final say over when investments are made into the campus, but a schools willingness to support their athletics programs is a huge factor in whether they can land a top coach. In fact, it’s why someone like Jimbo Fisher left a prestigious program like FSU for Texas A&M. The coach tells the boosters and the board of trustees what they need to compete at the highest level on most occasions, probably due to their involvement with the student athletes who are recruited. In much the same way, a research professor would be the catalyst in the university updating the facilities to keep up with technological advancements.

Summary:
I know it’s easy to get lost in such a drawn out example. The short of it is that a game that considers facilities and academics as a dynamic of building a dynasty football program should have more in depth control over the improvements of said program, as is the case in the reality that the game is supposedly trying to simulate. - This isn’t Road to Glory, after all.

This is the nastiest recruit I've ever seen.

Please check on that in his 3rd year. Is 101 even possible? I recruited a 100 speed receiver who immediately when to 99 speed when he actually signed. He’s like my 7th receiver at 82, starting his 2nd year.

If you ever see a 99 or greater speed, go all in and schedule a visit as soon as possible. They don’t have to catch in traffic if they can blow past the traffic.

Please check on that in his 3rd year. Is 101 even possible? I recruited a 100 speed receiver who immediately when to 99 speed when he actually signed. He’s like my 7th receiver at 82, starting his 2nd year.

If you ever see a 99 or greater speed, go all in and schedule a visit as soon as possible. They don’t have to catch in traffic if they can blow past the traffic.
Oh I did. Offered scholarship in the off season.
Maxed out 75 points week 1.
He signed with Florida week 2.
I finished second.

Oh I did. Offered scholarship in the off season.
Maxed out 75 points week 1.
He signed with Florida week 2.
I finished second.

I’ve experienced that also. The best way to cope with that is to remind Florida that’s it’s your video game and send them to Conference USA next season. You’ll beat them out of anyone who values conference prestige and have a leg up on title contention. You can take it a step further and schedule them as a non conference game at home and beat the snot out of them on your field.

Sure, another school will take their place as a thorn in your side immediately, but it feels great doing it to Florida.

I’ve experienced that also. The best way to cope with that is to remind Florida that’s it’s your video game and send them to Conference USA next season. You’ll beat them out of anyone who values conference prestige and have a leg up on title contention. You can take it a step further and schedule them as a non conference game at home and beat the snot out of them on your field.

Sure, another school will take their place as a thorn in your side immediately, but it feels great doing it to Florida.
I dont care that much, even if I am salty.

I'll just roast teams with my 98 overall SR WR who won back to back Hiesman winner with 2k receiving yards both years and 50 TD's.

EA knew it wouldn’t please everyone. I’m sure it’ll get better. My only solid complaint is how injuries occur. Milroe getting sacked and trucked numerous times and then breaking off a 45 yard run. Gimmie a break. Cause WHEN I do that ITS LIKE GETTING HIT FROM JERMAINE FROM PRISON BLOCK C.

VN Store

Back