EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Transfer portal and recruits flipping is new. Not sure if it was in the deep dive

Honestly I’ve never cared how much is new. Give me the same game with slightly improved playbooks (the Baylor style run n shoot offense was horrible), better graphics, a transfer portal, and a playoff.

That’s all I care about
Those were both in 14.

Do you get a full staff? That would be awesome.

My understanding was you only have an offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator. No position coaches. The skill tree seems to be the newest addition to the game. I think I remember the three skills are development, recruiting, and schematics. Each of these types will have perks to unlock within them. One can only imagine the limits to each skill type at this point. With the transfer portal being what it is, it’s probably a fine line between being able to get a recruit and keeping a roster together.

Reactions: Vol8188
My understanding was you only have an offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator. No position coaches. The skill tree seems to be the newest addition to the game. I think I remember the three skills are development, recruiting, and schematics. Each of these types will have perks to unlock within them. One can only imagine the limits to each skill type at this point. With the transfer portal being what it is, it’s probably a fine line between being able to get a recruit and keeping a roster together.
There’s 3 starting Archetypes. Motivator, Recruiter and Tactician. Then 11 total skill trees in all for coaches. I think it’s supposed to be impossible to fully max out a tree too, but not 100% sure on that part.

Reactions: Pennheel
There’s 3 starting Archetypes. Motivator, Recruiter and Tactician. Then 11 total skill trees in all for coaches. I think it’s supposed to be impossible to fully max out a tree too, but not 100% sure on that part.

I vaguely remember the archetypes, but according to the YouTube streamer, it is not possible to master all archetypes simultaneously, but you can max one at a time. I would go back and double check this information, but the video was about an hour long and I don’t have anywhere that far to drive today.

Bru got the shaft here, undoubtedly. Pierce at a 93 is criminal as well. Nico only playing 1 game and is an 85 sounds inflated a but, but I'll take it.
The more I think about it, I'm actually ok with Pierce not being a 99 as some speculated. I think a 99 overall rating should be EXTREMELY rare for those generational type players. Maybe Pierce at a 95 would be more sufficient IMO.

The more I think about it, I'm actually ok with Pierce not being a 99 as some speculated. I think a 99 overall rating should be EXTREMELY rare for those generational type players. Maybe Pierce at a 95 would be more sufficient IMO.

That was a problem with 2014. Too easy to have a team full of guys rated in the 90s. Just red shirt and recruit guys rated 78 or higher and they’d be elite because every year they’d add about 5 points.

They need to get rid of the linear progression and make it more rare that a player improves that consistently every year

Last edited:

VN Store

Back