vs. Vanderbilt- 1 point favorite
@Kentucky- 7.5 point favorite

Games not mentioned:
Austin Peay (FCS)
Western Kentucky
South Alabama
South Carolina
Missouri

Assuming we are favored over the rest of our OOC opponents. And maybe Missouri. that would have us at 7-5 just in the games we are favored...

Last edited:
To summarize-
+25 @ Oregon
+12 @ UF
+11 vs UGA
+27 @ Bama
-8 vs Auburn
-1 vs Vandy
-7.5 @ UK

Reactions: 2 people
Games of Note:

@ Oregon- 28 point underdog
@ Florida- 12 point underdog
vs. Georgia- 11 point underdog
@Alabama- 27 point underdog
vs. Auburn- 8 point favorite

Games not mentioned:
Austin Peay (FCS)
Western Kentucky
South Alabama
South Carolina
Missouri

Win the 4 you're favored in there, beat APSU, WKU, UAS and at Mizzou and that's 7-5 ans Butch is everyone's hero.

Lose Mizzou or Auburn, go 6-6, play in the Music City bowl and Butch is still a pretty decent hero.

The standard ain't high this year, boys. Get through looking respectable, finish off the recruiting class and we'll be fine.

Reactions: 4 people
Games of Note:

Games not mentioned:
Austin Peay (FCS)
Western Kentucky
South Alabama
South Carolina
Missouri

Assuming we are favored over the rest of our OOC opponents. And maybe Missouri. that would have us at 7-5 just in the games we are favored...
The only that surprises me is Auburn.

I have consistently said 8 wins is acheivable. 7 wins, which it appears Vegas believes as well, should be the expectation for a head coach that is perceived and paid to be a winner. So far Butch has done everything right. Why not believe the positive projection - it seems to be the most logical choice. Dools is gone. The old attitudes of players are gone. The old losing schemes and S&C are gone. All replaced by better. I assure you the players know and feel it. So do the recruits. Revival time in TN.

At Oregon is not a good match up for this Tennessee team. The Ducks have speed, speed, and more speed. Their offense is predicated on getting their athletes out in space in one on one match ups.

To be successful against their offense, you need depth and strength on your DL, speed at linebacker and more speed in your defensive backfield. And, you need an experienced defense that knows their schemes and everyone is able to know what to do and how to do it on every play.

On offense, UT wants to play a fast paced offense which if successful, will put up points in a hurry. If not successful, it will get their defense back on the field quickly with very little time coming off the clock.

Teams like Oregon want to make a name for themselves by beating up on an SEC team so they will not call off the dogs in this one. Tennessee better grow up in a hurry and be ready to play for 60 minutes or it could get ugly.

Games of Note:

Games not mentioned:
Austin Peay (FCS)
Western Kentucky
South Alabama
South Carolina
Missouri

I don't see us beating Auburn or South Carolina, but I do see us beating Missour & Vandy. However; the Auburn & South Carolina games will be close.

I don't see us beating Auburn or South Carolina, but I do see us beating Missour & Vandy. However; the Auburn & South Carolina games will be close.

Dude, Auburn is sooo bad. Watch their spring game or their 2-10 or 3-9 season last year.(Can't remember which one it is)

I would say Auburn is the 2nd worse team in the SEC behind Kentucky. Idc how many 5 star true freshman they have coming into this year.

Games of Note:

Games not mentioned:
Austin Peay (FCS)
Western Kentucky
South Alabama
South Carolina
Missouri

Auburn will beat that spread imo.

Dude, Auburn is sooo bad. Watch their spring game or their 2-10 or 3-9 season last year.(Can't remember which one it is)

I would say Auburn is the 2nd worse team in the SEC behind Kentucky. Idc how many 5 star true freshman they have coming into this year.

I have a feeling that Gus Malzahn will have Kiehl Frazier and Tre Mason primed and ready to go by the time they come to Knoxville. Auburn will also be returning a stout defense. I see them running the same amount of misdirection that they ran in 2009 with Kodi Burns and Ben Tate. This game will not be a "gimme."

At Oregon is not a good match up for this Tennessee team. The Ducks have speed, speed, and more speed. Their offense is predicated on getting their athletes out in space in one on one match ups.

To be successful against their offense, you need depth and strength on your DL, speed at linebacker and more speed in your defensive backfield. And, you need an experienced defense that knows their schemes and everyone is able to know what to do and how to do it on every play.

On offense, UT wants to play a fast paced offense which if successful, will put up points in a hurry. If not successful, it will get their defense back on the field quickly with very little time coming off the clock.

Teams like Oregon want to make a name for themselves by beating up on an SEC team so they will not call off the dogs in this one. Tennessee better grow up in a hurry and be ready to play for 60 minutes or it could get ugly.

While I agree with what you said, just getting back to the 4-3 and knowing how to line up should make our defense much faster and much much much improved.

I have a feeling that Gus Malzahn will have Kiehl Frazier and Tre Mason primed and ready to go by the time they come to Knoxville. Auburn will also be returning a stout defense. I see them running the same amount of misdirection that they ran in 2009 with Kodi Burns and Ben Tate. This game will not be a "gimme."

This. No way they'll be as bad as last year.

VN Store

Back