Early point spreads for 2013...

Dude, Auburn is sooo bad. Watch their spring game or their 2-10 or 3-9 season last year.(Can't remember which one it is)

I would say Auburn is the 2nd worse team in the SEC behind Kentucky. Idc how many 5 star true freshman they have coming into this year.

Malzahn's been successful everywhere he's been. They're gonna be like UT, they might start out slow but look for them to improve as the year goes on.

Malzahn's been successful everywhere he's been. They're gonna be like UT, they might start out slow but look for them to improve as the year goes on.

I would have been just as happy to get Malzahn as I am about CBJ. Dude can coach. When he left Auburn, Chizik was exposed imo.

At Oregon is not a good match up for this Tennessee team. The Ducks have speed, speed, and more speed. Their offense is predicated on getting their athletes out in space in one on one match ups.

To be successful against their offense, you need depth and strength on your DL, speed at linebacker and more speed in your defensive backfield. And, you need an experienced defense that knows their schemes and everyone is able to know what to do and how to do it on every play.

On offense, UT wants to play a fast paced offense which if successful, will put up points in a hurry. If not successful, it will get their defense back on the field quickly with very little time coming off the clock.

Teams like Oregon want to make a name for themselves by beating up on an SEC team so they will not call off the dogs in this one. Tennessee better grow up in a hurry and be ready to play for 60 minutes or it could get ugly.

Oregon won't run the score up if the game is put away. Just not the way Oregon does things.

One rumor out of Eugene this year is that the ball will be in the air more. As in a higher percent of pass play than in the past.

Look, I am not responsible for what anyone does after I make this post. Let's be clear.

But take the Vols and those points against Oregon all day long.

If a QB emerges for us, we should beat it. If not, could be a long game and a whole lot of drinking for me.

Yea, I will say, that offensive mistakes by an opponent will be a big mistake. So yes, you'll need a QB that can run the offense without turnovers.

Still think Tenn will come to play and the Ducks better be ready.

Look, I am not responsible for what anyone does after I make this post. Let's be clear.

But take the Vols and those points against Oregon all day long.

I'd take those points and Tenn. I think that point spread will come down as we get closer to game time.

Yea, I will say, that offensive mistakes by an opponent will be a big mistake. So yes, you'll need a QB that can run the offense without turnovers.

Still think Tenn will come to play and the Ducks better be ready.

The quality of our O-line and the upgrade in the coaching will negate that spread for sure.

I don't think we can last all four quarters, but at worst the Ducks win by 17.

The quality of our O-line and the upgrade in the coaching will negate that spread for sure.

I think the only teams that Oregon beat at home by 20 last year either had 5 turnovers or they were really bad teams.

I don't see us beating Auburn or South Carolina, but I do see us beating Missour & Vandy. However; the Auburn & South Carolina games will be close.

Why, you not going to watch the Auburn and South Carolina games?

Last edited:
Waaaaaaaaay to early for this BS. :crazy:

^:crazy:

BS? really? A multi billion dollar industry who's business plan is to predict the outcome of games as close as possible within a given parameter is BS? More often than not they are correct.

^:crazy:

BS? really? A multi billion dollar industry who's business plan is to predict the outcome of games as close as possible within a given parameter is BS? More often than not they are correct.

Their job is not to predict the outcome of the game. Their job is to predict a point spread that will result in equal amounts bet on each side. It is not the same thing.

Reactions: 3 people
Their job is not to predict the outcome of the game. Their job is to predict a point spread that will result in equal amounts bet on each side. It is not the same thing.
Yes. Which is serves their benefit to correctly determine the outcome by a predetermined amount.

If there are lines 85 days out that means someone had done research on who they think will win and by how much. Its all about money and they aren't in it to lose. Not that difficult to understand.

Gotta agree, those points at Oregon and Georgia at home are two that I would jump on if I had money to gamble.

I do think the battle between the Tenn Oline and the Oregon defense will really have a big impact on this game. You've got a lot of talent on that line and Oregon in the past has tended to play defense by substitution using 8 or 9 d linemen to stay fresh and hopefully force third and long. That will be the classic battle, can we stop your offense and get punts or field goal attempts and get your offense off the field.

Many Oregon opponents have opted to go for it on fourth downs rather than kick field goals simply out of fear of Oregon putting up 6 on the next drive. Net result field goals lose ground to touchdowns.

I do think the battle between the Tenn Oline and the Oregon defense will really have a big impact on this game. You've got a lot of talent on that line and Oregon in the past has tended to play defense by substitution using 8 or 9 d linemen to stay fresh and hopefully force third and long. That will be the classic battle, can we stop your offense and get punts or field goal attempts and get your offense off the field.

Many Oregon opponents have opted to go for it on fourth downs rather than kick field goals simply out of fear of Oregon putting up 6 on the next drive. Net result field goals lose ground to touchdowns.

If Tennessee plays the same up-tempo no-huddle attack that Butch ran in Cincinnati, your boys will have a tough time rotating linemen in and out. It's the same offensive philosophy that has worked for Oregon for years. This has the potential to be a track meet.

Thanks OBB, injuries to key players and other factors can affect the outcome of games, no one can predict the unknown. :hi:

If Tennessee plays the same up-tempo no-huddle attack that Butch ran in Cincinnati, your boys will have a tough time rotating linemen in and out. It's the same offensive philosophy that has worked for Oregon for years. This has the potential to be a track meet.

if tennessee decides to go up-tempo and play the game the way oregon wants to, tennessee will get absolutely hammered.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back