Early point spreads for 2013...

Because going into a ball-control offensive shell has always made sense against teams with spread offenses? Fulmer, Kiffin, and Dooley all tried to win against the Floridas and Oregons of the world with a field position and clock-ball type of strategy and got CRUSHED!!!! Maybe something a little different may work a little better, eh?

How do you think those games turn out if we play up tempo?

How do you think those games turn out if we play up tempo?

I haven't seen anyone try and go up tempo with the Ducks for a whole game. Not sure what a game like that would look like.

I tell you what seems to work against the Ducks is having a defense that can disrupt the offense with quick penetration of the offensive line. Check the Auburn, Stanford and USC losses. Then on offense those teams were really efficient, no mistakes, did what they do best and didn't turn the ball over. Non of those teams really seemed to worry about time of possession as much as making sure they got seven every time the offense got the ball.

Oregon won't beat the Vols by 28. Should be a 10-14 pt gap imo.

UT will beat UK by 14+.

UT should beat Vandy by 10.

Reactions: 1 person
If the Ducks beat Tenn by 25, I'll be very surprised.

I really don't think any SEC team should be a 25 pt "Dawg" :p to Oregon. LV's a little geeky here. I'd take the Vowels and 25 (depending on who they settle on at QB that is). A 4 TD loss would not be to the Volnation's liking.

UT will beat UK by 14+.

I don't see the Ducks winning by 28 either. From a Duck perspective, the reason the Ducks had a relatively easy time in Knoxville was because Tenn lacked depth and conditioning. Both of those are fixable issues and if they are fixed, this will be a very close game.

I don't see the Ducks winning by 28 either. From a Duck perspective, the reason the Ducks had a relatively easy time in Knoxville was because Tenn lacked depth and conditioning. Both of those are fixable issues and if they are fixed, this will be a very close game.

Conditioning will definitely be fixed . . . .

Depth will still be an issue.

Game will be close going into the 4th quarter. Ducks probably pull away, but we might be able to hold the ball enough with our offensive line to give ourselves a chance.

Also, look for the Ducks to pass more than their usual ratio. The best game plan for them would be to test our weakness/lack of depth in the secondary and extend the number of plays in the game in order to wear us down.

Teams often expect the Ducks to run to set up the pass, but look at how they came out throwing to set up the run against USC last year and just diced the Trojan defense up.

If our safeties play how they are capable and Riyahd Jones and Justin Coleman play out of this world on the corners, then a win is possible.

Oregon 42 - Tennessee 34

Conditioning will definitely be fixed . . . .

Depth will still be an issue.

Game will be close going into the 4th quarter. Ducks probably pull away, but we might be able to hold the ball enough with our offensive line to give ourselves a chance.

Also, look for the Ducks to pass more than their usual ratio. The best game plan for them would be to test our weakness/lack of depth in the secondary and extend the number of plays in the game in order to wear us down.

Teams often expect the Ducks to run to set up the pass, but look at how they came out throwing to set up the run against USC last year and just diced the Trojan defense up.

If our safeties play how they are capable and Riyahd Jones and Justin Coleman play out of this world on the corners, then a win is possible.

Oregon 42 - Tennessee 34

One of the rumored changes with Kelly gone and Helfrich taking over is that the Ducks will throw more. Mariota seems to be a very good passer, just haven't utilized that part of his talent much yet.

UT will beat UK by 14+.

Sounds about right. Although I don't see us beating Oregon, I still think it'll be a closer game than most people think IMO.

If the Ducks beat Tenn by 25, I'll be very surprised.

Well, our defense is pretty slow, I doubt we added much speed from last year, Oregon's offense is going to burn us a lot. Of course, slow in the SEC isn't exactly slow, so we'll see, but our offense is probably still going to be finding their identity at that game, may not be pretty.

I haven't seen anyone try and go up tempo with the Ducks for a whole game. Not sure what a game like that would look like.

I tell you what seems to work against the Ducks is having a defense that can disrupt the offense with quick penetration of the offensive line. Check the Auburn, Stanford and USC losses. Then on offense those teams were really efficient, no mistakes, did what they do best and didn't turn the ball over. Non of those teams really seemed to worry about time of possession as much as making sure they got seven every time the offense got the ball.

It's a good strategy

Oregon won't run the score up if the game is put away. Just not the way Oregon does things.
One rumor out of Eugene this year is that the ball will be in the air more. As in a higher percent of pass play than in the past.

are you kidding me, didn't they score like 70 points on somebody last year if not 60 something :yes:

[/B]

Don't agree here. Vandy's gonna give UT fits for awhile. At least while Franklin's there.

This may well be true, but didn't Vandy lose their starting qb, rb, and a few other players as well? I do expect them to play better than the Vandy of old, but it's not like UT is bringing a knife to a gunfight here...just my opinion.

This may well be true, but didn't Vandy lose their starting qb, rb, and a few other players as well? I do expect them to play better than the Vandy of old, but it's not like UT is bringing a knife to a gunfight here...just my opinion.

they will battle hard with us and it can go either way but i choose to believe that last years ass whipping, the game being at neyland will be big for us. And yes, ppl act like UT is the only team losing talent. they lost their school best rusher ever. they have a brand new qb that hasnt played in a meaningful game in a few yrs. im not ready to say they will beat us. i think were hungry for the first time in a while.

I don't know all the seniors but from what I remember is they had a lot of seniors on their team so they lost a lot

are you kidding me, didn't they score like 70 points on somebody last year if not 60 something :yes:

Yes they put 70 (70-14) up on Colorado, 56 in the first half and they pulled the starters in the second quarter of that game. So no they weren't "running the score up". And they beat Tenn Tech 63-14 and pulled the starters early in the third quarter.

Yes they put 70 (70-14) up on Colorado, 56 in the first half and they pulled the starters in the second quarter of that game. So no they weren't "running the score up". And they beat Tenn Tech 63-14 and pulled the starters early in the third quarter.
:blink:

Could've scored 200 on the Buffs if that had been their goal . . .

College football should institute a mercy rule, or an automatic first team to 70 wins rule for the PAC-12.

VN Store

Back