Election Day (s) 2020

Not so sure. Waiting on inner city votes is not a good thing for his chances, particularly when one is Philly.

That's a lot of votes to make up, but I saw where they're expecting it to be 3 to 1 for Biden.

Still, my guess is that Trump just got four more years.

Reactions: 37L1
That's a lot of votes to make up, but I saw where they're expecting it to be 3 to 1 for Biden.

Too close to call. It's gonna be ugly either way it goes.

Reactions: davethevol

I see very little chance that Trump pulls this out. He'd need GA, NC, PA and NV. That's a very unlikely scenario

Someone want to give me a break down? Looks like Biden in the lead but several states up in the air.

The AP has Biden up in Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan. It looks like a decent lead in michigan, but NV and WI are really close, less than .5 a point.

AP has Trump up in GA, PA, NC. Trump with a greater than 1% lead in all of those.

Do we know when those are supposed to get called? I saw they were waiting down here till 11 to start counting again. But he has +100,000 lead and that's about how many votes they said they have to count

Yikes did the math and it's going to be close.

If both sides keep what they had in my post its Biden right at 270.

Considering how close those states are this is going to be messy. Not good.

Maybe Nevada will come through?
I dont know if I saw it wrong or they have updated, but all three are super freaking close.
Michigan is less than a 20k lead for biden
Nevada is less than 8k
Wisconsin is right about 20k as well.

I missed that Maine and Alaska are still open. Alaska looks solid Trump, Maine is solid Biden, but not sure how they split their votes.

My math says called states + states where Biden is currently leading (AZ, NV, WI, MI, and ME) is 270. WI, MI, and NV are too close to say they’re Biden’s, but what are you expecting to change out of that? Or are you on board with my “rogue elector chaos” theory?

I think one great thing that is getting lost in how tight the race is:

I haven’t seen a single story of voter intimidation, polling place violence, rioting, or anything untoward.

Only one person seems to be claiming that there was cheating. It’s sad that he’s a candidate, but oh well.

Maybe all of that will change once we have a better idea of who won, but it makes me hopeful for the next 4 years that we at least got through the voting process with seemingly no violence or stupid ******** since the weekend.

To me it looks like Biden may win (hope I'm wrong), but the Republicans will hold the senate....plus the Supreme Court. That means a stalemate in Washington D.C.

To me it looks like Biden may win (hope I'm wrong), but the Republicans will hold the senate....plus the Supreme Court. That means a stalemate in Washington D.C.
Not with all the EOs the Rs never bothered to put a lid on.

My math says called states + states where Biden is currently leading (AZ, NV, WI, MI, and ME) is 270. WI, MI, and NV are too close to say they’re Biden’s, but what are you expecting to change out of that? Or are you on board with my “rogue elector chaos” theory?
I think the very thin margins in those states leads to the counts extending for a while. And possible recounts.

All it takes is one to flip for Biden to not get 270.

NV had a 8k difference. That's nothing.

Michigan and Wisconsin are around 20k.

According to the past election the 200k votes trump won swing states with was too close, Biden is looking at a win with a quarter of that difference in swing states.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I think the very thin margins in those states leads to the counts extending for a while. And possible recounts.

All it takes is one to flip for Biden to not get 270.

NV had a 8k difference. That's nothing.

Michigan and Wisconsin are around 20k.

According to the past election the 200k votes trump won swing states with was too close, Biden is looking at a win with a quarter of that difference in swing states.

I agree NV is a tossup.

The big cities in the three midwestern states are behind in processing their absentee ballots. That makes sense, if you think about it. It also makes sense that Biden should do well from here on out in all three for the same reason. I have no idea if it will be enough in PA, but his lead should get bigger in the other two and I think they will be over before the day is out.

I’ll take a second helping of crow if I’m wrong.

Really? I'm thinking Biden wins but then votes will be challenged, some sketchy stuff will come out and it will be adjudicated in the courts. A nightmarish scenario. Bad for the country, very bad.

I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

I agree NV is a tossup.

The big cities in the three midwestern states are behind in processing their absentee ballots. That makes sense, if you think about it. It also makes sense that Biden should do well from here on out in all three for the same reason. I have no idea if it will be enough in PA, but his lead should get bigger in the other two and I think they will be over before the day is out.

No idea how it goes. I know if the shoe was on the other foot you would see the same exact complaints.

What complaints?
The alledged vote vote jumps being investigated by their states. Both michigan and Wisconsin are sending more checkers to where the jumps allegedly happened.

So even if it ends up fake the states are rightly taking it seriously.

Reactions: davethevol
The alledged vote vote jumps being investigated by their states. Both michigan and Wisconsin are sending more checkers to where the jumps allegedly happened.

So even if it ends up fake the states are rightly taking it seriously.
Hadn’t heard about that. When did Stacey Abrams change parties? Maybe I’m gonna have to eat crow over my “I’m heartened by nobody claiming cheating” post, too.

Link?

Hadn’t heard about that. When did Stacey Abrams change parties? Maybe I’m gonna have to eat crow over my “I’m heartened by nobody claiming cheating” post, too.

Link?
There are some tweets going around that spurned the cheating talk. But there are some actual challenges going on in michigan. I dont know if this is a chicken or the egg thing, or actually linked. Its 2020 so who knows.

Michigan election 2020 live updates: News from around the state

I agree NV is a tossup.

Chris D. Jackson (@ChrisDJackson) Tweeted:
BREAKING Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator says on @NBCNews: “All of the ballots have been counted.” Joe Biden has won Wisconsin by 20,697 votes.

-1/3 serving of crow.

MI and PA still going as expected (4% of PA has cut Trump’s lead by about 100k).

🤔 thinking I maybe got taken for a ride on that one. +3 full servings of crow and I’m logging off until this **** is official. I said I wasn’t paying attention until next week, anyways.

Last edited:
Chris D. Jackson (@ChrisDJackson) Tweeted:
BREAKING Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator says on @NBCNews: “All of the ballots have been counted.” Joe Biden has won Wisconsin by 20,697 votes.

-1/3 serving of crow.

MI and PA still going as expected (4% of PA has cut Trump’s lead by about 100k).

🤔 thinking I maybe got taken for a ride on that one. +3 full servings of crow and I’m logging off until this **** is official. I said I wasn’t paying attention until next week, anyways.

Just 2020 things

VN Store

Back