Electric Vehicles

Rivian Recalls Nearly ALL of its 13,000 Electric Vehicles over loose fastener that may cause drivers to lose control at the wheel: Truck maker has issued Three Recalls this year alone

Electric truck and SUV maker Rivian Automotive is recalling almost all the vehicles over loose fasteners that could potentially affect drivers' ability to steer.

The company, which was founded in 2009, said it is recalling about 13,000 cars because a fastener connecting the vehicles' front upper-control arm and steering knuckle may not be torqued enough.

63257595-11293631-image-a-2_1665243543101.jpg

63257561-11293631-image-a-3_1665243554740.jpg

The recall covers all three models that the company sells, including it's pickup truck, SUV and commercial delivery van (above)

Rivian recalling nearly all its vehicles over potential steering problems | Daily Mail Online

That SUV thing is UGLY. Looks like a Covair mated with one of those mutant box cars.

Shelby County Schools to Receive $6.7 Million for New Electric School Buses

Congressman Cohen announces first round of funding from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean School Bus Program

2Y3PBEEKMNHYVLURHE7I53JSXM.jpg

The Biden administration is making the grants available as part of a wider effort to accelerate the transition to zero-emission vehicles and reduce air pollution near schools and communities.(Portland General Electric)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Congressman Steve Cohen has announced that the Shelby County Board of Education will receive a rebate of up to $6,715,000 to replace 17 existing school buses with clean and zero-emission (ZE) models to reduce harmful emissions from older, dirtier buses.

This is the first round of funding from the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Clean School Bus Program, which was created in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) that only Cohen and Congressman Jim Cooper in the Tennessee Congressional delegation supported last year.

Shelby County schools to receive $6.7 million for new electric school buses

Imagine. That's $6.7M more for Shelby County to misappropriate.

'Scariest rescue I've ever seen': Two critical and 36 others injured after blaze on 20th floor of NYC high-rise apartment block caused by E-SCOOTER BATTERY - as fire crews perform 'last resort' rope rescue to save woman clinging from building

• The fire started due to a lithium-ion battery from a micro-mobility device, refering to an e-scooter or e-bike
Thirty-eight people were hurt, with two suffering life-threatening injuries, after a fire broke out inside a 37-story building in Manhattan on Saturday.

64226515-11393923-About_38_people_were_hurt_with_two_suffering_life_threatening_in-a-61_1667675226533.jpg

Two people seriously injured and 36 others hurt after fire breaks out in NYC apartment | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: AM64
Electric car owners will now have to pay road tax: Owners of emission-free vehicles will have to Pay Tax for the first time in bid to plug £7 Billion shortfall

• The tax is part of the budget plans expected to fill £54 billion public finance hole
Electric car owners will have to pay road tax for the first time, as part of ‘eye-watering’ Budget plans designed to fill a £54 billion hole in the public finances.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt will use Thursday’s Budget to change Treasury rules which mean emission-free cars and vans currently pay no vehicle excise duty.

The move is designed to plug a projected £7 billion shortfall in road tax as the switch to electric vehicles gathers pace.

But it is likely to prove controversial as it will act as a disincentive to motorists thinking of going green, at a time when soaring energy prices are already undermining the financial case for switching to electric.

64456211-11418155-image-a-10_1668191551126.jpg

Owners of emission-free vehicles to pay tax for the first time in bid to plug £7 billion shortfall | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and allvol123
Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
EV people have been getting some benefits for awhile. Did anyone believe it would continue on that way? Why should ICE users only be footing the bill for roads?

Oh dont get me wrong..I totally approve.
I was going off on a tangent about fiscal responsibility by nations. The UK gets singled out in the news and by certain posters because they left the EU.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123
Wow, this blew my mind. Technology is advancing quickly and things are blowing past me evidently.

Was on UT campus tonight and saw this thing at a crosswalk about the size of a decent cooler with 6 wheels on it and maybe a 2 foot antenna on it. It had a sticker on it that said “Hungry? We deliver to Vols”. It waited for me to drive thru the crosswalk and then it proceeded to cross the street after I passed. Insane.

Wow, this blew my mind. Technology is advancing quickly and things are blowing past me evidently.

Was on UT campus tonight and saw this thing at a crosswalk about the size of a decent cooler with 6 wheels on it and maybe a 2 foot antenna on it. It had a sticker on it that said “Hungry? We deliver to Vols”. It waited for me to drive thru the crosswalk and then it proceeded to cross the street after I passed. Insane.
I woulda checked it for beer

Reactions: allvol123 and AM64
Tesla Model S is burnt beyond recognition on Pennsylvania highway in fire sparked by debris that got stuck in undercarriage: Crews take TWO HOURS to extinguish 'constantly reigniting' battery fire

• A family in Pennsylvania on a road trip to Massachusetts escaped serious injury when their Tesla burst into flames after debris got trapped underneath it
Volunteer firefighters in rural Pennsylvania were forced to use 12,000 gallons of water over the course of two hours to put out a Tesla battery fire that rendered the Model S luxury car unrecognizable on Tuesday.

The Morris Township Volunteer Fire Company said that they were alerted to the blaze on the western bound lane of Interstate 80, an hour north of Pittsburgh, around 11:00 am Tuesday.

The company said: 'To give you an idea of the severity, crews can normally extinguish a fully involved vehicle fire with approximately 500 gallons or less.'

The statement said that the excessive fire was due to the car's lithium-ion battery. The release read: 'This vehicle burnt so hot and long that if it was not for the rims, you might not even of know it was a vehicle.'

64693125-11444049-The_fire_occurred_along_Interstate_80_an_hour_north_of_Pittsburg-m-4_1668801489251.jpg

Tesla Model S is burnt beyond recognition as it erupts into flames on Pennsylvania highway | Daily Mail Online

Report: China’s Electric Vehicle Industry Destroying the Environment in Indonesia

electric-vehicles-indonesia-640x480.jpg

A report published Monday by the tech website Rest of World (RoW) exposed the horrifying environmental cost of manufacturing all those “clean” electric vehicles.

RoW took a hard look at how the demand for crucial metals from China’s booming EV industry has ravaged parts of Indonesia, creating a hell on earth that might never be cleaned up.

The Greens have been happy to outsource those dirty jobs to China, which knows how to talk a good game at climate change conferences but has very few compunctions about damaging the environment or pumping out “greenhouse gas” in pursuit of its industrial goals.

RoW focused on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi, which has become something right out of an environmentalist propaganda cartoon: a once-unspoiled paradise turned into a grim hellscape by greedy corporations, to the dismay of the simple folk who live there. Nobody will make an environmentalist propaganda cartoon about Sulawesi or criticize the Chinese corporations that destroyed it, because they make electric vehicles.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/11/GettyImages-107101059.jpg
People from the fishing village of Kurisa told RoW’s investigators their town is “dying” and their way of life is ending because corporations eager to dig up Indonesia’s rich lodes of nickel have poisoned the water and overheated the ocean:

Reactions: Smokey X
Ford breaks ground on massive $5.8 billion Battery Factory in Kentucky that will power the firm's output to 2 million EVs per year and add 5,000 new jobs

Ford broke ground today on a $5.8 billion battery plant in Kentucky that will help the automaker produce 2 million electric vehicles per year.

The huge, 1,500-acre site - which is being built as part of a partnership with SK On - will have two battery facilities to collectively produce more than 80 gigawatt hours annually and will employ 5,000 workers.

'Ford’s roots run deep in Kentucky, and BlueOval SK is going to help Ford to lead the EV revolution, bringing thousands of new, high-tech jobs to the Bluegrass State,' said Lisa Drake, vice president, Ford EV Industrialization.

65263189-11504465-image-a-24_1670263084476.jpg

Ford broke ground today on a $5.8 billion battery plant in Kentucky that will help the automaker produce 2 million electric vehicles per year

Ford breaks ground on $5.8B battery factory in Kentucky to grow its output to 2M EVs per year | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back