Electric Vehicles

Manchin calls for Treasury to Pause Electric Vehicle Tax Credits in his bill

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is slamming the Treasury Department over what he is calling a “dangerous” interpretation of his and the Democrats' climate and tax bill that passed earlier this year, urging the department to pause implementation of both commercial and new consumer electric vehicle tax credits.

The Treasury Department released guidance Thursday that said electric vehicles leased by consumers starting Jan. 1 can qualify for up to $7,500 in commercial clean vehicle tax credit and delayed restrictions on which electric vehicles can be eligible for tax credits. The decision makes vehicles assembled outside North America eligible, a major victory for South Korea and other vehicle makers, which were urging the Biden administration to ease requirements in order to boost access to electric vehicles. The Treasury Department said the guidance would not be ready until March. The delay creates a two-month window in which both vehicle makers and consumers can take advantage of tax credits they wouldn’t be able to qualify for in the future.

Manchin calls for Treasury to pause electric vehicle tax credits in his bill

Manchin calls for Treasury to Pause Electric Vehicle Tax Credits in his bill

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is slamming the Treasury Department over what he is calling a “dangerous” interpretation of his and the Democrats' climate and tax bill that passed earlier this year, urging the department to pause implementation of both commercial and new consumer electric vehicle tax credits.

The Treasury Department released guidance Thursday that said electric vehicles leased by consumers starting Jan. 1 can qualify for up to $7,500 in commercial clean vehicle tax credit and delayed restrictions on which electric vehicles can be eligible for tax credits. The decision makes vehicles assembled outside North America eligible, a major victory for South Korea and other vehicle makers, which were urging the Biden administration to ease requirements in order to boost access to electric vehicles. The Treasury Department said the guidance would not be ready until March. The delay creates a two-month window in which both vehicle makers and consumers can take advantage of tax credits they wouldn’t be able to qualify for in the future.

Manchin calls for Treasury to pause electric vehicle tax credits in his bill
Manchin.....is an idiot. He was neutered by Chuck. After Jan 1st they don't need him.

LA Times op-ed writer is 'embarrassed' to drive environment-saving Tesla because of Musk

"When I bought the car, I had no real opinion on Musk’s somewhat clouded political beliefs. Now that Musk has apparently swung to the far right — banning journalists from Twitter while reinstating neo-Nazis — I’m horrified to be associated with his brand whenever I drive anywhere," Blumenthal wrote. "I don’t know whether to sell, but I do know that I’m just not as comfortable driving it anymore."

The article also revealed that Blumenthal’s motivation for purchasing a Tesla in the was primarily motivated by politics."

"The car was impractical, but it had sentimental value. My environmental activist friends were not impressed by my assiduous urban composting, LED bulb installations and energy-saving appliances. I needed to do more to diminish my carbon footprint. The icebergs were melting, my friends said, and at least one polar bear was wandering around homeless and hungry because of me," he wrote.

His estrogen levels are peaking.

LA Times op-ed writer is 'embarrassed' to drive environment-saving Tesla because of Musk

"When I bought the car, I had no real opinion on Musk’s somewhat clouded political beliefs. Now that Musk has apparently swung to the far right — banning journalists from Twitter while reinstating neo-Nazis — I’m horrified to be associated with his brand whenever I drive anywhere," Blumenthal wrote. "I don’t know whether to sell, but I do know that I’m just not as comfortable driving it anymore."

The article also revealed that Blumenthal’s motivation for purchasing a Tesla in the was primarily motivated by politics."

"The car was impractical, but it had sentimental value. My environmental activist friends were not impressed by my assiduous urban composting, LED bulb installations and energy-saving appliances. I needed to do more to diminish my carbon footprint. The icebergs were melting, my friends said, and at least one polar bear was wandering around homeless and hungry because of me," he wrote.

His estrogen levels are peaking.
If it wasn't true I'd think it was a troll job with that last paragraph. Or his friends are trolling him.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Happy Green Holidays: Tesla Catches Fire Overnight in St. Louis Garage

A Tesla vehicle caught fire inside a garage in St. Louis, Missouri, in the dead of night this week. Luckily, no one was injured in the blaze and firefighters were able to remove the Tesla from the garage to extinguish the flames.

It was reported that the fire also spread to the inside of the home and caused additional damage. However, no injuries were reported. Tesla vehicles have made headlines throughout 2022 due to reports of Elon Musk’s electric cars bursting into flames.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/11/Pennsylvania-Tesla-fire.jpg
Pennsylvania-Tesla-fire.jpg

Pennsylvania Tesla fire (Columbia Volunteer Fire Company of Osceola Mills)

Happy Green Holidays: Tesla Catches Fire Overnight in St. Louis Garage

Reactions: AM64
Electric vehicles are complicating car Safety Testing

Electric vehicles are complicating car safety testing due to their heavier weight.

Vice President Raul Arbelaez of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's Vehicle Research Center said that electric vehicles’ batteries are “pushing vehicle mass higher.”

With the increased weight of electric vehicles, IIHS engineers need to ensure crash machines can handle getting heavier cars up to 40 mph in 600 feet before they hit the crash test barriers.

To date, the heaviest vehicle tested is the 2019 Audi e-tron, which weighs under 6,000 pounds. However, Arbelaez said that the weights of “some of these electric vehicles that have been advertised as coming in the next few years” will be much higher, with “one as high as 9,500 pounds.”

Electric vehicles are complicating car safety testing

Tesla owner in Virginia is forced to cancel Christmas plans because his EV Wouldn't Charge in arctic temperatures

A Tesla owner in Virginia was forced to cancel his Christmas plans with his son after his electric vehicle failed to charge in the extreme cold gripping the country.

Domenick Nati, 44, told Business Insider how he plugged his Tesla S into a supercharger in Lynchburg on Friday as temperatures hovered below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.

But as the hours went by, the percentage charge dipped as the temperature got lower, before the car stopped charging altogether.

He then tried again on Christmas Eve, but after a few hours of nothing happening, he decided to abandon his car at the lot and get a ride home.

65927985-11573305-image-a-34_1672001437275.jpg

Domenick Nati, a Virginia radio personality, revealed how his Tesla S will not charge in the extreme cold weather
Without his car, Nati said, he would not be able to see his son open Christmas presents.

Tesla owner in Virginia is forced to cancel Christmas plans because his EV wouldn't charge | Daily Mail Online
shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Tesla Thwarts Murder-Suicide

The Pasadena doctor charged with the attempted murder of his wife and their two young children by intentionally driving their Tesla off the slide of a 250ft cliff has been pictured today for the first time.

He is accused of intentionally driving his white Tesla Model Y off a cliff known as Devil's Slide on Monday near San Francisco, during a trip north.

Miraculously, all four members of the family - Patel, his wife Neha and their kids aged four and seven - survived without any serious injuries.

66157521-11598475-There_is_no_indication_the_car_was_in_self_driving_mode_when_it_-m-58_1672842246388.jpg

There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode when it veered off the road. The car's interiors remained largely intact despite the huge drop

Initially, there were questions over whether the car - which is famous for its self-driving technology - had gone rogue and taken the family off the road by mistake.

Now, some are asking whether the vehicle - which has airbags adjacent to the two front seats in addition to in front of them - actually saved them.

66189105-11598475-image-a-24_1672838725267.jpg

The Tesla Model Y - which is the vehicle the family was in - has multiple airbags. There are front airbags, seat-mounted side airbags, and curtain airbags, all of which appeared to inflate. Police are yet to confirm whether this saved the family

Dharmesh Patel pictured: Doctor who intentionally drove family off cliff in their Tesla | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: StarRaider
$3,300 self-driving stroller set to be next rich parent must-have

A Canadian startup has developed a pricey self-driving, “hands free” baby stroller which uses artificial intelligence for navigational guidance.

The $3,330 Ella smart stroller will be unveiled at the annual CES tech exhibition in Las Vegas later this week. Glüxkind, the Canadian startup behind the posh pushie, expects to have it to customers later in the year

Loaded with motors, sensors and AI software, the nearly 30-pound stroller can drive itself when not occupied. It automatically stops when obstacles are encountered or if it strays too far from mom or dad and has a maximum speed of 4 mph.

Ella also aims to make life easier. It can be paired with a smartphone and tracked if it gets lost. When a parent is pushing the buggy uphill, an electric motor can kick in to help with the effort, similar to how an e-bike works. It even has a “rock-a-bye-baby” mode and built-in white noise machine to lull pampered tots to sleep. There’s also cargo space for six shopping bags.

$3,300 self-driving stroller to be next parent must-have

I own a Tesla Performance Model Y 2023. It's certainly not the greatest car in the world, but it's also got me thinking that it will be hard to go back to a gas powered vehicle as a car for daily use. Go ahead ask questions and I'll give you my straight thoughts. The Tesla surprised me in both good and bad ways once I started getting use to it.

I own a Tesla Performance Model Y 2023. It's certainly not the greatest car in the world, but it's also got me thinking that it will be hard to go back to a gas powered vehicle as a car for daily use. Go ahead ask questions and I'll give you my straight thoughts. The Tesla surprised me in both good and bad ways once I started getting use to it.
How long does is take to get fixed if you have a wreck? I've heard horror stories.

How long does is take to get fixed if you have a wreck? I've heard horror stories.

I'm not sure and hopefully I won't have to find out. On a side note, my wife scuffed the front right corner of our Mercedes E300 2018 and it's taken two and a half months to get into have it fixed. That seems like a long time to me. Actually getting it fixed next week. It did take 9 months just to get the Tesla from the time we ordered the car, however, it appears that delivery of new vehicles is now about a month so they are catching up. This may impact repair times as well

Negative Tesla surprise: remote garage door opener is a $350 option. Also, the trunk opens to high and hits my garage door if I let it go to full open. It does allow you to program the height so it doesn't hit the garage door. However, I'm 6'2" and with it programmed for a lower access I have to watch my head so I don't bump the trunk lid.

Positives include the "driver assist/semi-auto pilot mode, really nice, it's certainly not a full auto pilot and should never be treated that way, the little sound it makes when the light turns green is pretty nice if you happen to be chatting with someone, the remote pre-heat of the auto cabin is wonderful in cold weather. Plus it has a "pet mode" so that if you leave a pet in the car it will maintain the cabin at a safe temp for your pet. With 300 miles range the car meets virtually all of my typical driving needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouderVol
I'm not sure and hopefully I won't have to find out. On a side note, my wife scuffed the front right corner of our Mercedes E300 2018 and it's taken two and a half months to get into have it fixed. That seems like a long time to me. Actually getting it fixed next week.

Negative Tesla surprise: remote garage door opener is a $350 option. Also, the trunk opens to high and hits my garage door if I let it got full open. It does allow you to program the height so it doesn't hit the garage door. However, I'm 6'2" and with it programmed for a lower access I have to watch my head so I don't bump the trunk lid.

Positives include the "driver assist/semi-auto pilot mode, really nice, it's certainly not a full auto pilot and should never be treated that way, the little sound it makes when the light turns green is pretty nice if you happen to be chatting with someone, the remote pre-heat of the auto cabin is wonderful in cold weather. Plus it has a "pet mode" so that if you leave a pet in the car it will maintain the cabin at a safe temp for your pet. With 300 miles range the car meets virtually all of my typical driving needs.

EVs are a great option for some people.

EVs are a great option for some people.

The best way to describe driving the Tesla is that it's a bit like driving a golf cart. Of course one feature that's sort of interesting is the "auto braking" that it does. I drove from Eugene to Portland not long ago and didn't need to use the brakes once. The car did the braking when I got close to another vehicle and when traffic cleared up it accelerated back to the speed I'd set it for which was probably around 80mph.

The best way to describe driving the Tesla is that it's a bit like driving a golf cart. Of course one feature that's sort of interesting is the "auto braking" that it does. I drove from Eugene to Portland not long ago and didn't need to use the brakes once. The car did the braking when I got close to another vehicle and when traffic cleared up it accelerated back to the speed I'd set it for which was probably around 80mph.

Wife's Subaru has that with the dynamic cruise control, pretty neat feature.

So we are all supposed to switch to electric vehicles? What vehicle to we find out is in Biden’s garage? A smelly gas guzzling, fossil fuel consuming, ice cap destroying low mpg, internal combustion engine powered CORVETTE 😡

Speaking of vehicles..whatever happened to our car guy from Texas..screen name escapes me.

So we are all supposed to switch to electric vehicles? What vehicle to we find out is in Biden’s garage? A smelly gas guzzling, fossil fuel consuming, ice cap destroying low mpg, internal combustion engine powered CORVETTE 😡

LOL, well given that you want to play that game, I suppose if you are a MAGA Trumper like Musk you should be driving an Tesla EV.

LOL, well given that you want to play that game, I suppose if you are a MAGA Trumper like Musk you should be driving an Tesla EV.
Do you ever worry about range? I have an F150 that has a 36 gallon tank, and it goes 600+ miles between fill ups without breaking a sweat.
Do you have a gas stove or heat? I have a non-vented fireplace and love it.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Do you ever worry about range? I have an F150 that has a 36 gallon tank, and it goes 600+ miles between fill ups without breaking a sweat.

I don't worry about range, the Tesla has a range of 303 miles (realistically, given use of heating and elevation changes it might be more like 260-275 miles) I rarely drive more than 250 miles in a day. With access to a 240 outlet charging over night is not a problem. Also, apparently it takes 15 min at a super charger to get a 80% charge so even taking a 15 min lunch at a super charger should have me good to go again.

I have a gas range in the kitchen, gas fireplace and gas furnace.

Don't know if this is useful or even apples and apples comparison for you, the Tesla Model Y performance MPGe is 111 miles, quick math on 600 miles on 36 gallons is around 16-17 mpg.

LOL and for what it's worth, I have a trailer hitch on the Tesla. My intended purpose for the hitch is for a bike rack, not a trailer.

Last edited:
I despise Trump. Why does everyone automatically assume that if you dislike Biden you have to automatically like Trump. And Elon isn’t a Maga Trumper IMHO. He just sees through the bull the current administration is pumping out.
I would LOVE A Tesla as a second car. I would gladly accept one of you would purchase it for me 😉

VN Store

Back