Email from Jimmy Cheek

12voltTNVOL

I just received an email from Jimmy Cheek begging for money. I responded letting him know that I would not be contributing until Susan Martin was not allowed to make our great university second rate in sports. I challenge all VFLs to respond the same. GBO!

Reactions: 16 people
I just received an email from Jimmy Cheek begging for money. I responded letting him know that I would not be contributing until Susan Martin was not allowed to make our great university second rate in sports. I challenge all VFLs to respond the same. GBO!

This is still a school ya know.

Reactions: 19 people
And who is Susan Martin, and what has she done to make us second rate?

Reactions: 1 person
And who is Susan Martin, and what has she done to make us second rate?

She's the Provost and there are suspicions that she's out to embarrass the athletic side. I think a lot of it, though, is just scapegoating by Tony Basilio listeners.

u should have responded u r not contributing until cheek repents from picking his nose n public....lol

im not contributing anymore until hart n cheek prove they want tn sports to be champions n not just competitive.

n i also agree with op.

She's the Provost and there are suspicions that she's out to embarrass the athletic side. I think a lot of it, though, is just scapegoating by Tony Basilio listeners.

I wouldnt be so sure. Hart really pissed off the academic side when he went around booger eating Cheeks and went straight to the BOT. They dont like that or the fact they where forced to give back the money they have been taking from Football to fund their own personal agenda.

Remember not long ago that bulletin that was released saying the academic side would never again help the athletic department ? That was a direct sour grapes response because of Hart.

Make no mistake about it the Academic department at UT is very butt hurt over hart and the BOT, this wont be resolved until Cheeks is fired.

i wouldnt be so sure. Hart really pissed off the academic side when he went around booger eating cheeks and went straight to the bot. They dont like that or the fact they where forced to give back the money they have been taking from football to fund their own personal agenda.

Remember not long ago that bulletin that was released saying the academic side would never again help the athletic department ? That was a direct sour grapes response because of hart.

Make no mistake about it the academic department at ut is very butt hurt over hart and the bot, this wont be resolved until cheeks is fired.

bot?

if you are basing ANY kind of financial choice on Tony B, then you might be making a mistake.
I am not going to pretend I know more about whats going on with admin side of things, because I dont.
BUT I do know Susan Martin didn't fire CPF, didn't hire CLK and DD, nor was she the lead recruiter in any of our last 4 classes. Every school has challenges to overcome you can either make excuses or go work harder.

Reactions: 8 people
u should have responded u r not contributing until cheek repents from picking his nose n public....lol

im not contributing anymore until hart n cheek prove they want tn sports to be champions n not just competitive.

n i also agree with op.

What has Hart done to even give the hint he is just out there to be competitive and not elite?

if you are basing ANY kind of financial choice on Tony B, then you might be making a mistake.
I am not going to pretend I know more about whats going on with admin side of things, because I dont.
BUT I do know Susan Martin didn't fire CPF, didn't hire CLK and DD, nor was she the lead recruiter in any of our last 4 classes. Every school has challenges to overcome you can either make excuses or go work harder.

This is all true, but the way the past four years turned out doesn't make firing CPF a bad decision. If they would have kept CPF, I would have resigned myself to accepting the apparent fact that we would never again beat Bama or UF unless one of them made an awful hire or went on probation. We still have beaten neither because of the cause-and-effect of CLK bolting when he did, but at least we tried. Things are looking up now, at least off the field.

This is all true, but the way the past four years turned out doesn't make firing CPF a bad decision. If they would have kept CPF, I would have resigned myself to accepting the apparent fact that we would never again beat Bama or UF unless one of them made an awful hire or went on probation. We still have beaten neither because of the cause-and-effect of CLK bolting when he did, but at least we tried. Things are looking up now, at least off the field.

I didnt mean to make a case for hiring/firing CPF, prolly couldve worded it better. My point was that was a huge decision that she didnt pull the trigger on. Some media people keep making excuses for "why" UT is struggling and the only reason is terrible decisions by the athletic dept. The school admin side is just a thorn compared to some of the choices the ath dept has made.

What has Hart done to even give the hint he is just out there to be competitive and not elite?

I could be wrong, but it appeared that a win over Vandy last year for a 6-6 record and minor bowl game would have been enough for Dooley to still be our coach. Recruiting would look a lot different right now. I enjoyed meeting Dooley a year ago, but it scares me to think of him being our head coach this season without Bray, Hunter, and Patterson, and without the recruiting momentum we have now.

But, yeah, if we kept going 6-6, that would have become the new Tennessee. That's the impression I got.

No, but her and Cheek are the reason the athletic department's money reserve is depleted. They are also responsible for blocking any attempt for the academic and athletic sides to be autonomous of one another like every other D-1 school. Cheek also used 3 million dollars that is not accounted for which is in direct violation of a state funded not for profit entity. A matter of fact, all not for profit organizations require transparency and accountability of how specific fund accounts are used. Also, why does Susan Martin, a liberal arts major have anything to do with the schools financial side? I'm an accountant, you don't see me writing plays.

Reactions: 7 people
Emails from Jimmy Cheek should go straight to Junk Mail.

Clearly athletic focus is holding UT back from being a Top 25 research institution. :rolleyes

Fire Hart and Cheek now. Start again. The only way to make it worse would be to hire Mike Hamilton for both roles.

I wouldnt be so sure. Hart really pissed off the academic side when he went around booger eating Cheeks and went straight to the BOT. They dont like that or the fact they where forced to give back the money they have been taking from Football to fund their own personal agenda.

Remember not long ago that bulletin that was released saying the academic side would never again help the athletic department ? That was a direct sour grapes response because of Hart.

Make no mistake about it the Academic department at UT is very butt hurt over hart and the BOT, this wont be resolved until Cheeks is fired.
Oh, I'm sure there's something to it. I'm just not sure it's quite as sinister as advertised.

I didnt mean to make a case for hiring/firing CPF, prolly couldve worded it better. My point was that was a huge decision that she didnt pull the trigger on. Some media people keep making excuses for "why" UT is struggling and the only reason is terrible decisions by the athletic dept. The school admin side is just a thorn compared to some of the choices the ath dept has made.

It's impossible for me to attribute appropriate amounts of blame to academics or athletics, but you make good points. Regarding CPF, I think I have seen one too many recent posts saying we should have kept CPF, so I finally responded to what looked like another one, but I understand your point now.

Emails from Jimmy Cheek should go straight to Junk Mail.

Clearly athletic focus is holding UT back from being a Top 25 research institution. :rolleyes

Fire Hart and Cheek now. Start again. The only way to make it worse would be to hire Mike Hamilton for both roles.

We must not repeat past mistakes ! :)

Doug Matthews, who is pretty tied in, has voiced the same concerns.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back