End of Driver’s Licensing

Are you under the assumption that Uber or Lyfts don’t commit DUis? And automated cars will never be common use thanks to lawsuit happy lawyers and scammer criminals committing fraud

I’m under the assumption that ever drunk person who calls those services is obviously one less potential DUI.

Lawsuit happy lawyers could increase the prevalence of automation. Given automated vehicles are less likely to get into a crash, it’s a greater liability to drive yourself or employ others to drive rather than outsource to computers

Well politicians. Some were lawyers. Some were not. But the reason is there were several people drunk and high being found passed out in the car after hitting people in the middle of the road but technically “weren’t driving” as the old TCA code said. Someone shouldn’t get off with lesser charges because of when they were too drunk or high to operate during the crime
So help me understand this. Someone hit people in the road and they were innocent of all charges because they weren't driving when the cops found them? So to make up for this if they were in a car then they could be charged with DUI even if they weren't driving? What if they were passed out on the sidewalk? This law sounds like total BS to me.

I’m under the assumption that ever drunk person who calls those services is obviously one less potential DUI.

Lawsuit happy lawyers could increase the prevalence of automation. Given automated vehicles are less likely to get into a crash, it’s a greater liability to drive yourself or employ others to drive rather than outsource to computers
I meant the number of Lyft and Uber drivers who also drive high or drunk.

Lawyers will sue companies daily for ANY automated accident or injury much more than now with human drivers. And scammers will be “hit” by automated cars while walking on streets by purposefully jumping in front of them.

I meant the number of Lyft and Uber drivers who also drive high or drunk.

Lawyers will sue companies daily for ANY automated accident or injury much more than now with human drivers. And scammers will be “hit” by automated cars while walking on streets by purposefully jumping in front of them.
I think every member of Congress should have to breathe into a breathalyzer and pass before each vote is registered.
There goes the Pelosi speakership 😂😂😂💯

Last edited:
After almost being hit by an elderly man today I had two thoughts.

1. Automated vehicles will allow our seniors to live with more liberty and safety.

2. Will a drivers license become obsolete due to advances in technology?
Let's turn more control over to the metaverse/AI world. Sounds great

Well politicians. Some were lawyers. Some were not. But the reason is there were several people drunk and high being found passed out in the car after hitting people in the middle of the road but technically “weren’t driving” as the old TCA code said. Someone shouldn’t get off with lesser charges because of when they were too drunk or high to operate during the crime

That's quite a bit different from sleeping one off in an apartment complex parking lot.

I'm interested to hear that story.
Got a similar story. Friend hadnt even unlocked or tried to open the car door yet. car was parked in a common lot outside where they were staying and they were going to get their overnight bag. Cops saw them stumble, keys in hand, on the way to a car=DUI, blew over a 0.00, but below the legal limit. Stood up in court. Nearly ruined their life.

The DUI law in TN is stupid.

The law doesn’t need to be so black and white. If the car is not moving, hasn’t been in an accident, and the drunk dude isn’t operating it (but sleeping in it), there’s absolutely no reason to arrest him for DUI.

Why intentionally punish someone for making the decision NOT to drive?

Got a similar story. Friend hadnt even unlocked or tried to open the car door yet. car was parked in a common lot outside where they were staying and they were going to get their overnight bag. Cops saw them stumble, keys in hand, on the way to a car=DUI, blew over a 0.00, but below the legal limit. Stood up in court. Nearly ruined their life.

The DUI law in TN is stupid.

Friend of my son got one while in college for sleeping in the bed of his truck because his roommate locked him out. His roommate is my son. :)

Reactions: LouderVol
The law doesn’t need to be so black and white. If the car is not moving, hasn’t been in an accident, and the drunk dude isn’t operating it (but sleeping in it), there’s absolutely no reason to arrest him for DUI.

Why intentionally punish someone for making the decision NOT to drive?

Cops could have a heyday arresting people for DUI in just about any campground.

Reactions: VolStrom
Friend of my son got one while in college for sleeping in the bed of his truck because his roommate locked him out. His roommate is my son. :)

That is absolutely nuts. Indefensible. I might have asked for a jury trial.

If I’m on a jury for a case like that, I would refuse to convict, laws on the books be damned.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Cops could have a heyday arresting people for DUI in just about any campground.

Or tailgate lot. How many times have I had keys in my pocket and sat in the back of my suv after over indulging on silver bullets.

Reactions: hog88
That is absolutely nuts. Indefensible. I might have asked for a jury trial.

If I’m on a jury for a case like that, I would refuse to convict, laws on the books be damned.

My guess is that if your sleeping one off in a Mercedes or other high dollar vehicle at worst you'd be arrested for drunk in public.

So help me understand this. Someone hit people in the road and they were innocent of all charges because they weren't driving when the cops found them? So to make up for this if they were in a car then they could be charged with DUI even if they weren't driving? What if they were passed out on the sidewalk? This law sounds like total BS to me.
Passed out in a car on the sidewalk? You should see what drunks and druggies actually do when they pass out while driving. Some will pass out wake up and do it again every 50 feet and then pass out

My guess is that if your sleeping one off in a Mercedes or other high dollar vehicle at worst you'd be arrested for drunk in public.
No one cares about what you drive or don’t drive when it comes to DUIs

Passed out in a car on the sidewalk? You should see what drunks and druggies actually do when they pass out while driving. Some will pass out wake up and do it again every 50 feet and then pass out

Again how is that comparable to someone who hasn't moved their vehicle and just using it to sleep in?

VN Store

Back