EndZone USA communist kickball thread.

Part of the reason for lack of elite athletes for soccer and baseball is cost associated.

There's more color at a KKK rally than there is at a high-end travel baseball tourney or soccer tourney.

This isn't a comfortable topic but Willie Mays and Hank Aaron likely don't play baseball if they were born 40 years later....
Plenty of black players still in MLB at least from what I watch. But I do think travel competitive baseball is a huge cost for parents whether black or white. Most inner city kids opting for basketball because there is literally no gear to purchase

Reactions: VolNExile
Plenty of black players still in MLB at least from what I watch. But I do think travel competitive baseball is a huge cost for parents whether black or white. Most inner city kids opting for basketball because there is literally no gear to purchase

The AA percentage in MLB has declined by 70% in the last 30 years.....

You can buy a modest bat, ball, glove, and cleats for the same price as a decent pair of basketball sneakers....

Well shows what I know. Id like to know how the percentage of Hispanic players has changed

It's gone up expoentially. Pretty much the AA void and then some has been fillled by Caribbran players...

The players from poor Caribbean countries have no issue affording the gear...

It's gone up expoentially. Pretty much the AA void and then some has been fillled by Caribbran players...

The players from poor Caribbean countries have no issue affording the gear...
So why is it that way then? Culturally speaking I just don't think Caribbean and Hispanic culture cares about basketball at all. Which is totally reverse of American urban culture. But what do I know

So why is it that way then? Culturally speaking I just don't think Caribbean and Hispanic culture cares about basketball at all. Which is totally reverse of American urban culture. But what do I know
Umm, you’ve never heard about baseball in Cuba?

Edit: herp derp

Every mlb team has a presence in the DR and many in other Caribbean countries. Businesses own teams that furnish equipment. There are several baseball academies. They’ve turned the DR into a baseball pipeline and those that are good enough, make it to the States. Again, it’s cultural there. Has been for 80 years. That doesn’t happen here. You could even argue it’s unethical.

The idea that basketball isn’t as bad if not worse than baseball and soccer travel leagues is absurd. It’s where travel ball started. AAU ball, Nike camps, adidas camps, and others are where basketball players shine. Invites to any of those are what opens the door to get recruited.

VN Store

Back