EndZone USA communist kickball thread.

Uruguay has 14 fouls to Brazil’s 6. Their strategy seems to be fouling their way into dominating possession and attacks on goal.

Defender

Edit: on rare occasions, I played midfield, but mostly defender.
When I coached (note the desperation of our local AYSO), I eventually wound up with a U-12 coed team, which was Special. I put my best athlete at center mid, and his dad was enraged, because defense. (Kid was 6th grade, and dad couldn’t wait for real football.) I told him that center mid was the QB of soccer (which it was for my teams), and I put the player with the highest athletic IQ and best vision there, and they were free to score. Which he did, frequently.

The outer mids were out-of-control ADHD identical twin boys who were going to run all over the place anyway, so why not; a whip-thin, blazingly fast Middle Eastern girl was striker until her dad couldn’t handle her playing sports with boys any more, and my younger daughter (already 5’10”) played sweep, and we were great. Fun times.

Next year younger daughter joined her older sister in club soccer, and I was relegated to seething on the sidelines. 🤪

Reactions: Tin Man
When I coached (note the desperation of our local AYSO), I eventually wound up with a U-12 coed team, which was Special. I put my best athlete at center mid, and his dad was enraged, because defense. (Kid was 6th grade, and dad couldn’t wait for real football.) I told him that center mid was the QB of soccer (which it was for my teams), and I put the player with the highest athletic IQ and best vision there, and they were free to score. Which he did, frequently.

The outer mids were out-of-control ADHD identical twin boys who were going to run all over the place anyway, so why not; a whip-thin, blazingly fast Middle Eastern girl was striker until her dad couldn’t handle her playing sports with boys any more, and my younger daughter (already 5’10”) played sweep, and we were great. Fun times.

Next year younger daughter joined her older sister in club soccer, and I was relegated to seething on the sidelines. 🤪
I had higher fútbol IQ than any of my classmates in high school, but none would play defender. If assigned, they would stand still and watch attacks on our goal. None grasped execution of a good tackle on the ball. So, the coach would put me at defender with a kid that would listen to me and was “coachable.” Didn’t play in college. Did play pickup games in my 20s, and that’s when I was a middie every now and then.

Edit: I started playing soccer in grammar school and played defender most of the time. There’s little position discipline at that age. Middle school years, I played pick up games organized by my science teacher, who once kicked the ball into my face, then attempted to play the rebound for a cross. He fracked the kick, and my team took possession to attack their goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
I had higher fútbol IQ than any of my classmates in high school, but none would play defender. If assigned, they would stand still and watch attacks on our goal. None grasped execution of a good tackle on the ball. So, the coach would put me at defender with a kid that would listen to me and was “coachable.” Didn’t play in college. Did play pickup games in my 20s, and that’s when I was a middie every now and then.
Muricans generally don’t grasp that soccer is played from the back (defenders) forward, distributing the ball to strikers and whatnot.

I enjoyed high school soccer. Older daughter in goal (but generally way out of the box), younger in sweep up near the half line, together running off-side traps, and the other 9 players attacking the goal. If only we’d been able to score more, sigh.

Reactions: Tin Man
Ha ha. Uruguayan got a red card for a flagrant foul that could have seriously injured the Brazilian.

In my late 20s, I gave up soccer for softball with colleagues. In my early 30s, I briefly played volleyball. What started out as fun rapidly became hyper-masculine competitive, with screaming and attempts at physical intimidation between teammates. Frack that shizzle.

VN Store

Back