EndZone USA communist kickball thread.

Definitely rooting for Colombia tomorrow night.

If they win, I will be conflicted. Never much cared for Argentina since I have been a fan of Brazil since I was a kid. But I have been a fan of Messi since his early days at Barca.

But I have a lot of friends in Miami from Colombia.

NGAFSTFU

I dunno that I agree with this. Baseball is getting unbelievably hard to play without money for sure. But those that have the talent find ways. I know several that get “sponsors”. Several great baseball athletes still play.

Not to mention, baseball is just hard. Way harder than it looks.

Texans QB C.J. Stroud on baseball:"Football players want to be basketball players, basketball players want to be football players - and we all want to be baseball players."
We are losing athletes because kids would rather sit inside and play video games instead of out in the heat playing ball. The dads in our neighborhood actually mowed a vacant lot and built a backstop for us.

Reactions: WestTennesseeFox
We are losing athletes because kids would rather sit inside and play video games instead of out in the heat playing ball. The dads in our neighborhood actually mowed a vacant lot and built a backstop for us.

I was a 4 sport tomboy because we never had cable TV or a video game console while growing up.

It's why our kids played baseball, soccer, hockey, lacrosse, rugby and participated in marching band, symphonic band and jazz band. I had no life other than to get the kids where they were supposed to be.

My parents were unreliable so there was many nights I actually slept in the training room at the high school gym.

Guys knew better than to mess with you because you were taller than many of them and fought dirty?

I normally slept in the training room and I had a key to lock the door. I had access to showers and a TV. It was better than living at home.

You are over-estimating the male brain at 15-18 thinking they should know better.

I don’t believe this. I can’t speak for little kids in a large sample size, but the overwhelming majority of high schoolers are doing something extracurricular. It was brought up earlier in this thread: Instead of playing multiple sports year round, kids are focused almost solely on one or two sports, that are now played year round. Even band, cheer, dance, FFA, etc are dedicated year round events. Or, they’re already working at 15. Sometimes 30 or more hours a week. I spent the last three years legally stalking high schoolers and the stereotype of them just doesn’t fit reality.

Of course, I’m 10-20 years behind most of you and we were accused of the same things growing up

Our teensiest, tiniest school that produced almost zero recruits that was further out in the boonies than you can think had a nursing program where you were almost already an RN when you graduated high school. Those students couldn’t come up for air due to studies. There was one kid that is a top 50 pole vaulter in the country and he’s in some sort of competition for pole vaulting all year

Reactions: VolNExile
And they don’t play at home because even HS single A level facilities are as nice as what travel ball teams expected or what college facilities of the 90s were

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
In news related to this thread (it’s been far too long since we actually had a post related to the thread title), the men’s US kickball team is officially searching for a coach… this is obviously not surprising.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back