Ensley status?

Assuming we’d move Tears to CF, start Bargo or Chapman in RF, and DH the other.

Backus has speed for CF. I'd DH Hunter and play Backus in CF if he can't go.
Still not our "best" lineup. Plus you have to put more inexperienced guys out in the field on a huge stage. No telling how they'll handle the pressure. Mark my words....crucial balls will find those youngsters at some point in the game. Really hope they're up to the task. Man, we are so very close to taking home the trophy and it seems like everything has turned sour for us.

I don’t think Backus is a liability in the field. Played a lot in juco. Crazy speed. If he can get hitting down, he is CF next year.
I'm not saying he isn't talented or won't be the man next season. I'm concerned about him being thrust into the position on the biggest of stages THIS season. It's like a corner in football who goes down. The opposing OC will find the replacement one way or the other. In baseball, the diamond gods will send a ball or three his way at the most critical of times. How will he respond? Will he be up to making the big play on the big stage? Sure hope so.

I'm not saying he isn't talented or won't be the man next season. I'm concerned about him being thrust into the position on the biggest of stages THIS season. It's like a corner in football who goes down. The opposing OC will find the replacement one way or the other. In baseball, the diamond gods will send a ball or three his way at the most critical of times. How will he respond? Will he be up to making the big play on the big stage? Sure hope so.
Well he ended the game Sunday night with a catch to seal it. Think we’ll be alright.

Still not our "best" lineup. Plus you have to put more inexperienced guys out in the field on a huge stage. No telling how they'll handle the pressure. Mark my words....crucial balls will find those youngsters at some point in the game. Really hope they're up to the task. Man, we are so very close to taking home the trophy and it seems like everything has turned sour for us.
Please just STOP. Negateer!
We know how you feel. And Nobody Cares!
Let’s go Vols!

I believe the tape shows he suffered a high ankle sprain on the later at-bat’s strikeout swing. He was ambulating fine for a bit, then took a very weird twist of the ankle swinging on a super low, super inside pitch. Forced his fibula and tibia over the ankle pretty fast. Walked off with some immediate awkwardness, of which the limp got noticeably worse in the dugout.

Not a doctor. But would likely mean out for CWS. Praying I’m wrong. GBO.
Since you're not a doctor I'm assuming you are just talking out of your a$$

Well, I wonder if Ensley will be back in CF this weekend. Obviously, we don’t lose much in CF with Tears out there, but there is a drop from Chapman to Tears in RF. Not a knock on Reese, but Tears has become a plus defender, mostly with his arm, but also with the ground he covers. There’s a lot of foul territory at The Chuck.

VN Store

Back