Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

I'd rather Berry skip running through the T and just run through Vandy's offense for a pick six (or two...or three!) instead. It would be a more fitting tribute to all that he has accomplished at UT. Running through the T is for Seniors. Personally, as unselfish as Berry has been I doubt he'd do it anyway. He's always been a team guy... I don't think he'd go for the personal accolades.

The Pride of the Southland band will form a cursive T for him to run through on saturday.

I am a former college athlete myself, and I know how special moments like this are for these kids. After entering college injured and redshirting my freshman year, I chose to forego my final year of eligibility to continue my education at the Master's level. My coaches asked me prior to senior day if my mind was 100% made up and I told them it was. I was then informed that as long as there were no objections from the team, the coaches wanted me to participate in the senior day activities. This meant a ton to me, and I have a feeling EB would feel the same way. He has given a lot to the university and this is the type thing that can make it all feel worthwhile. If he is 100% sure that he won't be back, he should get his chance to run through the T. After all, I think we would all agree that he has earned it.

HATED....no.....but tradition is important!:)

It is what seperates the haves from the have nots!!!!

Running through the T was started with Coach Dickey, the Vol walk started with Coach Majors, and "Rocky Top" was not even written til the 70's..... so I think a new tradition with the type of player Berry has been for us is in order

Running through the T was started with Coach Dickey, the Vol walk started with Coach Majors, and "Rocky Top" was not even written til the 70's..... so I think a new tradition with the type of player Berry has been for us is in order

Actually 1967 but who's counting?

VN Store

Back