Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

He is leaving for the NFL, this year is his last...Running through the T should be about being your LAST game as a VOL not about being a senior...... I HOPE HE DOES

Maybe...but its not. It's for seniors. He has too much respect for the seniors, the game and the tradition

We well have to wait and see. part of me says he won't be cause he is a class act, but the other part of me thinks he will b/c he wants to say goodbye to the fans.

this is why they have press conferences after the season.....we all remember Peytons......"I have decided to come back for my senior season and win an SEC championship"

maybe Berry will do it!!! He can take out an Insurance policy like Tebow did this way if he gets hurt he still gets paid:rock:

this is why they have press conferences after the season.....we all remember Peytons......"I have decided to come back for my senior season and win an SEC championship"

maybe Berry will do it!!! He can take out an Insurance policy like Tebow did this way if he gets hurt he still gets paid:rock:

Time for the mis quote police. Peyton said " I've made up my mind and I dont expect to look back... I am going to stay at the University of Tennessee!" :hi:

Time for the mis quote police. Peyton said " I've made up my mind and I dont expect to look back... I am going to stay at the University of Tennessee!" :hi:

no looking back is the quote i remember. this was early dayd of internet and we were lucky to have an audio feed. anyone have a link to Peytons announcement? i spent some time lookin for it a couple weeks ago.

i was in college at the time at a different state school and the students lounge was PACKED with people skipping class for his annoucement, i think it was at 1:00 cst. that and the OJ verdict were the two most crowded times i ever saw the student lounge

He is leaving for the NFL, this year is his last...Running through the T should be about being your LAST game as a VOL not about being a senior...... I HOPE HE DOES

He won't...It's for seniors ONLY...It's tradition...End of story

You must be pretty good friends with Eric Berry since he told you his decision before he went public with it, even though it is almost a given. Either way he gets to run through the T. Just not as an individual. That's for seniors. He is a junior. Tradition. He's not gonna ruin that.

Respectfully digagree.It would def be cool if that was the tradition but its not.besides, does that mean we shouldve let nuke and mike run through against memphis? Just saying that was there last game as vols correct?
If Eric wants to run thru the Power T with the SENIORS, he needs to return for his SENIOR year.(Boy do I wish he would)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If the seniors don't mind, why should anyone else care? Besides, he probably won't do it anyway since he would have to decide in the next 48 hours if he's staying or going, and he said he hasn't made that decision yet.

SR tradition.....he is not a SR....he should not do it. I bet CLK gave him the ok, but told him...don't! Makes EB look better!

Is it really a big deal? Are all of you saying he shouldn't not going to stand up and cheer if he does run through the T. Honestly, who really gives a dang. I'm sure Kiffin made sure the seniors were ok with it before he said that he could do it. Everyone in that stadium is going to stand and clap if he does run through the T, so who really cares.

Berry shouldn't run through the T, it isn't a Fulmer thing, a Majors thing, a Battle thing, a Neyland thing and especially not a Kiffin thing. This is a UT football tradition reserved for seniors. If he does it, then it will be a true sign of "me" versus "team". If Berry is as classy as everyone says he is, he won't do it.

SR tradition.....he is not a SR....he should not do it. I bet CLK gave him the ok, but told him...don't! Makes EB look better!

Like I just said, he won't do it because he won't decide whether he's staying or going pro in time for the game, so why does it matter?

Berry shouldn't run through the T, it isn't a Fulmer thing, a Majors thing, a Battle thing, a Neyland thing and especially not a Kiffin thing. This is a UT football tradition reserved for seniors. If he does it, then it will be a true sign of "me" versus "team". If Berry is as classy as everyone says he is, he won't do it.

Now we have people accusing Berry of not being a team player? Just wow...

Do it Berry! I will be on my feet cheering for you as all these other haters will be too!

idol-cryer.jpg

If the seniors don't mind, why should anyone else care? Besides, he probably won't do it anyway since he would have to decide in the next 48 hours if he's staying or going, and he said he hasn't made that decision yet.

So you are going to poll every living senior who had the honor to see if they mind?

I wish Kiffin had not said this, this is for seniors and as much as EB means to UT, he's not a senior. It is WRONG because he hasn't earned the right to do it.

If he returns next year, then he gets to do it.... I hope he's in the NFL making a ton of money.

VN Store

Back