Eric Berry running thru the T discussion (merged)

I'm still baffled by the people who think he has the right to run through the T on senior night.
Sure, he's played well. His reward for that will be millions of dollars in the NFL. However, he should not get to have the reward of running through the T alone on senior night, when he won't be staying all four years. Why get honored for something that you aren't doing??? We'll honor him for being a stud, but not for being a senior.
That should be an honor he'd have to earn by coming back.

A few years back ovince st. Preux and another guy ran through the t as juniors not because they were going pro but because they just decided not to play their senior season. It wouldn't be the first time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You people are acting like letting Berry run through the "T" is equivalent to changing the fight song to something other than "Rocky Top".

I certainly don't brag about them when we're losing.

I never said anything about bragging. You said, "The only tradition I ultimately care about is winning."

You will give up all tradition for a winning - correct? Is that for being above .500 or do you have a seasonal win total (i.e., 10 win seasons)?

A few years back ovince st. Preux and another guy ran through the t as juniors not because they were going pro but because they just decided not to play their senior season. It wouldn't be the first time.

If this is true, then it blows all the "he shouldn't do it b/c of tradition" theories out of the water. Tradition has already been broken. It doesn't matter though b/c I highly doubt Berry will bring attention to himself like that, and he hasn't made a decision yet (at least publicly). They should do some kind of tribute or something for him though.

So you are going to poll every living senior who had the honor to see if they mind?

internet%20dick.jpg

:lolabove::eek:lol:

He is leaving for the NFL, this year is his last...Running through the T should be about being your LAST game as a VOL not about being a senior...... I HOPE HE DOES

While in both cases it is a last game, the last home game of each year is called 'Senior Day' to honor those student athletes who are 'Seniors'. The game is not called 'Last Day of Your Career Day'.

I love Berry and would love for him to stay for his senior year but totally understand if he leaves while he's about as hot as he can possibly get even if that means he doesn't get to run through the T by himself.

no looking back is the quote i remember. this was early dayd of internet and we were lucky to have an audio feed. anyone have a link to Peytons announcement? i spent some time lookin for it a couple weeks ago.

i was in college at the time at a different state school and the students lounge was PACKED with people skipping class for his annoucement, i think it was at 1:00 cst. that and the OJ verdict were the two most crowded times i ever saw the student lounge

LOL. I remember I was in 4th grade and my teacher requistioned a school TV, suspended class, and played the press conference in our classroom. It was awesome.

LOL. I remember I was in 4th grade and my teacher requistioned a school TV, suspended class, and played the press conference in our classroom. It was awesome.

I feel older every day :cray:

Just my opinion, but it would seem those that are all for "tradition" would not have cared much for the black jerseys. But most on here acted like a bunch of girls at a Hanson concert when they wore them. You can say it was "just a one time thing" or "the players really wanted them" or "we wanted to copy what GA did" but black ain't tradition and I don't think you can have it both ways. But you can have it your way at Burger King.

VN Store

Back