Eric Gordon is away from the team

YankeeVol

Raised a Yank, Born a Vol
Butch Jones announced the senior cornerback "is away from the team while he deals with personal issues" according to Evan Woodbery of GoVolsXtra.com.

Said Jones, "Eric’s on campus. He’s taking classes. Eric’s taking care of some things off the field that occurred. So we’re working through that, and he has some things that he has to do to get back practicing.”

Per Brent Sobleski of ESPN

This is another area that I hope coach Jones handles better than his predecessor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not comparing EG to Janzen Jackson, but I am comparing the wording of the situation.

"...he has some things that he has to do to get back practicing.”

There can be all sorts of speculation as to what that means, I just hope it's something that happened, versus something he did that would potentially cause his dismissal. I like Eric, and I hope he gets this cleared up and back to practice soon.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't remember EG getting in trouble with either of the previous two staffs. This is his 5th year. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on something like this.

Reactions: 7 people
Lol Christians don't misbehave.

Of course Christians misbehave: "As it is written, there is no one righteous, not even one, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23. What separates Chistians is not perfection, but repentence when they sin. If Eric has erred, Butch will welcome him back into the fold when he has repented.

Reactions: 13 people
Of course Christians misbehave: "As it is written, there is no one righteous, not even one, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23. What separates Chistians is not perfection, but repentence when they sin. If Eric has erred, Butch will welcome him back into the fold when he has repented.

What Christians have is the blood of Christ, provided as a gift through grace, that covers their shortcomings.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't know. EG made some great plays but couldn't stay on the field as we watch 4.7 speed dbs playing. Something/s have always held him back. He seems to play with speed and instinct. Hope he gets is worked out.

VN Store

Back