Eric Gordon is away from the team

Of course Christians misbehave: "As it is written, there is no one righteous, not even one, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23. What separates Chistians is not perfection, but repentence when they sin. If Eric has erred, Butch will welcome him back into the fold when he has repented.

wait, Butch is Jesus?!?

Reactions: 3 people
I really hope he gets back there soon. Lord knows our defense needs him.

"Senior defensive back Eric Gordon continues to be a frequent presence around the football complex despite not practicing. Coach Butch Jones said Gordon is away from the team while dealing with personal issues. His return is uncertain." GVX

Losing Gordon would really hurt, and it would be a hard blow to him. There is nothing about indefinite suspension, so I'm hoping this is something he will work his way through.

Please tell me you didn't think it would be anything else.

I was like 85% sure it was, so I googled it and the first thing that popped up was an Eminem song.

Not that I don't like Eminem, but how do you screw it up that badly?

Prolly huffin bud like many of these kinds of situations usually are. Hope he can get back in the saddle and play ball with the vols this year. He's too good a player to waste.

On the bright side, no matter what happens the defense can't be worse this year. I think...

Of course Christians misbehave: "As it is written, there is no one righteous, not even one, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23. What separates Chistians is not perfection, but repentence when they sin. If Eric has erred, Butch will welcome him back into the fold when he has repented.
Thats not even biblical. Do you even know what metanoia means?

Doesn't sound like there's any chance of him getting on the practice field this spring.

Doesn't sound like there's any chance of him getting on the practice field this spring.

Lets say he gets his issues handled and is for all practical purposes back on the team.

With missing spring practices would he still be able to play in the fall?

I really hope he gets things straight. I love his style of play. He's a risk taker...but I love his tenacity. Good luck Eric!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back