ESPN: No Bowl for TN

Neyland Law Vol

ESPN publishes Bowl predictions after week 1 games. Doesn't include TN as one of the 11 bowl teams from the SEC. Guess they weren't impressed with Butch and Company? This means they think TN will finish 13th in the SEC?

Who projects the bowl lineup after just one week of the season? We do here at the SEC blog. And while it might be wise to write these projections in pencil, here's how we see it shaking out based on what we've seen to this point:

VIZIO BCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Alabama
Allstate Sugar Bowl, Jan. 2: LSU
Capital One Bowl: Jan. 1: South Carolina
AT&T Cotton Bowl, Jan. 3: Texas A&M
Outback Bowl, Jan. 1: Georgia
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Florida
TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1: Ole Miss
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Auburn
AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 31: Vanderbilt
BBVA Compass Bowl, Jan. 4: Arkansas
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Missouri

SEC bowl projections - ESPN

Calling for Ark, Vandy, Ole Miss, Mizzu, and Auburn - ALL finishing ahead of TN! Really?

ESPN Hates us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
ESPN publishes Bowl predictions after week 1 games. Doesn't include TN as one of the 11 bowl teams from the SEC. Guess they weren't impressed with Butch and Company? This means they think TN will finish 13th in the SEC?

SEC bowl projections - ESPN

ESPN Hates us.

I don't think it's necessarily that ESPN hates us as much as it is Chris Low is terrible at his job...

Reactions: 18 people
Not surprising. If we'd have hung 70 on AP, they would've slotted us in a garbage bowl. But we didn't cover and barely scored in the 2nd half against the weakest opponent of any SEC team, so the talking heads were unimpressed. Opinions will change after WKU-- one way or another. That game will be pivotal, and Petrino will make it high-profile. It's the SEC Network game, so it will get attention.

Reactions: 1 person
It is suprising to me that they see Ark, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State, Mizzu, and Auburn - ALL finishing ahead of TN.

It seems to me they think vandy and ole miss are close to top tear teams now. ESPN has been drinking some Missouri juice all summer. They believe belima was the best hire and auburn will return to glory with malzan since the tallent is still there, just bad coaching.

No One can predict bowl scenarios after week one! Not even ESPN! If it were that easy we wouldn't need to play the games! Quit feeding into all the negative bs. The people who put this list together probably didn't even watch the game they just checked the score and came up with this conclusion. Some people on here hinge on everything negative that comes out in a article. Let the season play out and enjoy the ride. We won yesterday. Be happy with that.

Reactions: 2 people
So it looks like ESPN thinks the only SEC game TN will win will be against UK? Losses to Mizzu vandy auburn? I just really wasn't that impressed with any of those three teams yesterday, and this prediction seems crazy - even for ESPN and Low.

If CBJ is the coach I think he is, he'll use that information (no bowl) to inspire the team even more.

Why again do we care about what ESPN thinks? It's been established, they hate us. Get over it.

VN Store

Back