ESPN: No Bowl for TN

I'm surprised anyone is surprised. For the last four years ESPN and others have said Tennessee is "back," only to watch things crater. I'd be gunshy too. After the last four years, TN isn't going to get and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. If we go 6-6, people are going to say what we are: one of the bottom 4 teams in SEC. If we go 8-4 and actually beat GA, SC, FL, or AL, then maybe we get some props.

What's worse, ESPN making bowl predictions this early, or some here actually getting upset over UT not being in them?

Exactly.

If ESPN (the all sports monopoly) is this good, why can't they predict the next President 6 months into the current President's term, or predict what the stock market will do the next day? They're not drinking anyone's juice but their own...and they're loving it.

They're just egotistical talking heads - talking down to their viewers for the most part - utilizing teleprompters for all of their "head knowledge" - and lastly biasing Heisman trophy voting to fit their political agenda. I'm not a big fan of ESPN. I remember the days before.

I hate to say it but I agree. After the starters, it gets really bad for Tennessee. A few injuries and this may be our worst team ever.

That says a lot more about Dooley than Jones.

Not surprising. If we'd have hung 70 on AP, they would've slotted us in a garbage bowl. But we didn't cover and barely scored in the 2nd half against the weakest opponent of any SEC team, so the talking heads were unimpressed. Opinions will change after WKU-- one way or another. That game will be pivotal, and Petrino will make it high-profile. It's the SEC Network game, so it will get attention.

Not really...it's still just the old local coverage carriers at the point (as opposed to the actual network "SEC Network" which comes out next season)...the "SEC Network" term as far as this season goes is still essentially the same as the old "Raycom Sports Game of the week"

Exactly.

If ESPN (the all sports monopoly) is this good, why can't they predict the next President 6 months into the current President's term, or predict what the stock market will do the next day? They're not drinking anyone's juice but their own...and they're loving it.

They're just egotistical talking heads - talking down to their viewers for the most part - utilizing teleprompters for all of their "head knowledge" - and lastly biasing Heisman trophy voting to fit their political agenda. I'm not a big fan of ESPN. I remember the days before.

So you liked it when UT was on TV 2-3 times per year? :ermm:

You realize ESPN is the reason UT will have 0 PPV from now on, don't you?

Also, their talking heads are no different than any other networks' talking heads.

Sounds right to me. Nothing I saw from us this weekend leads me to believe we win six games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You obviously didn't watch the game. Defensive shut out, 23 players played first game ever, no penalties, only 1 turnover on a questionable fumble call, points scored at will when first team in game, fire drill of subs in second half with no administrative miscues, even against a lesser talent or playing against air this is an accomplishment. Last year 5 and 7 with poor coaching, no defense and offense skill players on head trip. This year six wins is definitely not out of the question.

VN Store

Back