ESPN: No Bowl for TN

Not surprising. If we'd have hung 70 on AP, they would've slotted us in a garbage bowl. But we didn't cover and barely scored in the 2nd half against the weakest opponent of any SEC team, so the talking heads were unimpressed. Opinions will change after WKU-- one way or another. That game will be pivotal, and Petrino will make it high-profile. It's the SEC Network game, so it will get attention.

Somethings are more important than covering the spread, like working on fundamentals and developing 2nd and 3rd string talent should duty call sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 1 person
So it looks like ESPN thinks the only SEC game TN will win will be against UK? Losses to Mizzu vandy auburn? I just really wasn't that impressed with any of those three teams yesterday, and this prediction seems crazy - even for ESPN and Low.

Mizzou is a good team, not great but their depth will be an issue by the time they play us in ColumbiaW. Vandy was exposed on Defense and their QB had too many Pics. Auburn was ok but very beatable. But they are the greatest threat to us of the three because I think they can get a lot better.

If we take it one game at a time we should win out in Nov.

Besides, we lead the Nation in Scoring Defense!

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Last edited:
VN wants all the acclaim of the toughest schedule in the nation and yet feel insulted that UT isn't included in a bowl? UT beat a terrible team last night. It's not enough to change the national perception that UT is also a bad team.

Reactions: 7 people
Seriously F ESPN. We are #2 all time in SEC champs. TN is one of 8 teams that have 800 wins and we do not have our own CFB blog. Look at some of the teams that do?? Just cause TN has been down right now, does not mean we should not be given the same traditional attention TN has earned over 800 freaking wins this program has.

What's worse, ESPN making bowl predictions this early, or some here actually getting upset over UT not being in them?

Reactions: 2 people
95% of those bashing Chris Low here still probably read his stuff...

And when I do it's all proVandy and nothin positive for UT. That's all. I actually hear him more than read him... either way.

What's worse, ESPN making bowl predictions this early, or some here actually getting upset over UT not being in them?

Seriously. Why are they making bogus bowl predictions are 1 week. And why would UT get left out at 1-0 and Vandy get put in at 0-1. Makes about as much sense as predicting right now in the first place. For that matter, Bama sure as hell didn't look like they'd be playing for a NC after last night. It's all ridiculous at this point.

I don't think much of it. Why is it a stretch to think that this team could go 5-7? I hope they don't and I think they will go 7-5, but I can't fault anyone predicting UT not going to a bowl. You look on paper and see new skill positions and raw secondary with little depth, I can't blame them. That being said, I disagree with them.

Seriously F ESPN. We are #2 all time in SEC champs. TN is one of 8 teams that have 800 wins and we do not have our own CFB blog. Look at some of the teams that do?? Just cause TN has been down right now, does not mean we should not be given the same traditional attention TN has earned over 800 freaking wins this program has.

No one outside our fan base cares about our history. We have not beaten a ranked team in over three seasons. Think about that. Eastern Washington has now had more big time wins then our University in that same time period. We have been terrible for a long enough stretch that people will assume we suck until we give them proof that we are back. Some of you all think every media outlet and fan base should show us respect when the truth is we have been a crap program for way too long. When we beat someone of consequence the respect will begin to come back. Until then quit whining.

No one outside our fan base cares about our history. We have not beaten a ranked team in over three seasons. Think about that. Eastern Washington has now had more big time wins then our University in that same time period. We have been terrible for a long enough stretch that people will assume we suck until we give them proof that we are back. Some of you all think every media outlet and fan base should show us respect when the truth is we have been a crap program for way too long. When we beat someone of consequence the respect will begin to come back. Until then quit whining.

Excellent post.

Never call our program crap, only UT and a few others have 800 wins. :stop: :nono:

UT not making a bowl game is absolutely possible. They will be heavy underdogs to Fla, UGA, Bama, & USC. Auburn, Mizzou, & Vandy are toss-ups that could go either way.

Never call our program crap, only UT and a few others have 800 wins. :stop: :nono:

No one outside our fan base cares that we have 800 wins. People trumpeting this do so because it makes them feel better about where we are as a program. The program has been crap for the last several seasons. Historically we are one of the best but again no one cares who does not bleed orange already.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously. Why are they making bogus bowl predictions are 1 week. And why would UT get left out at 1-0 and Vandy get put in at 0-1. Makes about as much sense as predicting right now in the first place. For that matter, Bama sure as hell didn't look like they'd be playing for a NC after last night. It's all ridiculous at this point.

Because UT has the toughest schedule of the schools and the toughest stretch of games.

Candy has a much easier schedule. We will beat Auburn, Vandy and Kentucky easily as well as WKU and South Alabama.

Will make a bowl. The other 6 games we have a chance in 4. We can certainly beat Missouri and have a chance at USCe and UGA.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No one outside our fan base cares that we have 800 wins. People trumpeting this do so because it makes them feel better about where we are as a program. The program has been crap for the last several seasons. Historically we are one of the best but again no one cares who does not bleed orange already.

I disagree, if the college football world is so short sighted it does not even recognize TN as being a traditional powerhouse, because of how you said 3 years. They are bias. I will say even 5 years they are bias. I guarantee, when Bama was down and we beat 9 out 10 times, they still were talking about "Bama's Back" for about 10 years before they actually arrived. I mean really Ohio State's last NC was when? Three years after TN?? How many BCS titles they have, one. How many Auburn one. How many USC, one. Auburn was the worst in the SEC and USC was crap last year too.

Last edited:
I disagree, if the college football world is so short sighted it does not even recognize TN as being a traditional powerhouse, because of how you said 3 years. They are bias. I will say even 5 years they are bias. I guarantee, when Bama was down and we beat 9 out 10 times, they still were talking about "Bama's Back" for about 10 years before they actually arrived. I mean really Ohio State's last NC was when? Three years after TN?? How many BCS titles they have, one. How many Auburn one. How many USC, one. Those teams were crap last year too.

All that matters to a business like espn what have you done for me lately, and that's what it should be. Once we start winning, then we will get the love like everyone else.

I disagree, if the college football world is so short sighted it does not even recognize TN as being a traditional powerhouse, because of how you said 3 years. They are bias. I will say even 5 years they are bias. I guarantee, when Bama was down and we beat 9 out 10 times, they still were talking about "Bama's Back" for about 10 years before they actually arrived. I mean really Ohio State's last NC was when? Three years after TN?? How many BCS titles they have, one. How many Auburn one. How many USC, one. Auburn was the worst in the SEC and USC was crap last year too.

So it's what you done lately is that what you are saying?

I would be very pleased for the Volunteers to beat the Gators, and see Jesse Palmer's reaction.

VN wants all the acclaim of the toughest schedule in the nation and yet feel insulted that UT isn't included in a bowl? UT beat a terrible team last night. It's not enough to change the national perception that UT is also a bad team.
Your common sense has no place here.

Reactions: 4 people
Ha! Find me the last team that trounced their first week opponent like we did and didn't make a bowl

:whistling:

VN Store

Back