ESPN segment on Tyler Bray

Summary: Tons of natural talent with bad decision making and maturity issues. They think someone will take a shot at him in the 3 to 5 round. McShay said if he were a gm he would not draft him at all because you cant trust him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Summary: Tons of natural talent with bad decision making and maturity issues. They think someone woll take a shot at him in the 3 to 5 round. McShay said if he were a gm he would not draft him at all because you cant trust him.

Ouch.

Jaws said Bray reminded him of Jeff George with a huge cannon but will never reach his full potential. They all agree if you draft him he sits and learns for 3 years. They also thought it was crazy that he left a year early.

Reactions: 3 people
Jaws said Bray reminded him of Jeff George with a huge cannon but will never reach his full potential. They all agree if you draft him he sits and learns for 3 years. They also thought it was crazy that he left a year early.

So did everyone else in America except Tyler

Reactions: 19 people

Just drives home the point that maturity and decisionmaking aren't there on many levels.

Todd is a ton better then Mel IMO and he's spot on with Bray. He said he's the best QB in this draft with no drive essentially. He said its embarrassing that he told Gruden his work ethic was a 7-8. Said at the least he should have said 9 and working on it being a 10. Should illustrate why we have went 5-7 last two years. That was the mentality of our entire team under Dooley. A 7-8? Bray should be totally embarrassed and Dooley shouldn't be allowed anywhere near UT again.

Summary: Tons of natural talent with bad decision making and maturity issues. They think someone will take a shot at him in the 3 to 5 round. McShay said if he were a gm he would not draft him at all because you cant trust him.

The same Mcshay that said he would use a draft pick on the pot head honey badger. Guy is a joke.

Todd is a ton better then Mel IMO and he's spot on with Bray. He said he's the best QB in this draft with no drive essentially. He said its embarrassing that he told Gruden his work ethic was a 7-8. Said at the least he should have said 9 and working on it being a 10. Should illustrate why we have went 5-7 last two years. That was the mentality of our entire team under Dooley. A 7-8? Bray should be totally embarrassed and Dooley shouldn't be allowed anywhere near UT again.

The reason UT went 5-7 last year was because of the defense. Don't get it twisted.

Reactions: 19 people
The same Mcshay that said he would use a draft pick on the pot head honey badger. Guy is a joke.

No one questions the honey badgers work on the field. His off the field issues are a problem, but at least he brings his best when he's one the field. I think that was McShays point. If your are going to take a risk take it on a guy who at least brings it every time he's on the field.

Reactions: 2 people
Gruden called him out for his lack of preparation.

Also said he needed to make better decisions on where to throw the ball.

Marlin Lane was wide open for 10+ yards on the check down when looking at Bammer film where he throws a pick into double coverage in the end zone.

Bray interrupted him and said he should have thrown the ball on a rope rather than arching it. Gruden just shook his head and they cut out of the scene.

Bray just doesn't get it. All the physical ability in the world and crap for brains.

Reactions: 11 people

Has Bray with Gruden aired? I didn't see it. Is it online somewhere. Tried searching The YouTube app, couldn't find anything.

Reactions: 1 person

Umm the honey badger will see playing time next year and will def start on special team Tyler will be holding a clip board at best. Now explain to me how McShay is an idiot for saying yes he would draft the one guy who clearly produces

Bray is horrible at tackling also, won't ever make in the NFL.

Gruden called him out for his lack of preparation.

Also said he needed to make better decisions on where to throw the ball.

Marlin Lane was wide open for 10+ yards on the check down when looking at Bammer film where he throws a pick into double coverage in the end zone.

Bray interrupted him and said he should have thrown the ball on a rope rather than arching it. Gruden just shook his head and they cut out of the scene.

Bray just doesn't get it. All the physical ability in the world and crap for brains.

Sounds like Gruden loved him...

Word around campus has been (for a while) is Butch told him to declare for the NFL draft.
(But In a nicer way)

Id leave too if my coach basically said he didn't want me.

Word around campus has been (for a while) is Butch told him to declare for the NFL draft.
(But In a nicer way)

Nevermind the fact that the new offense doesn't fit him at all. ...morons.

Learning this offense would be a huge advantage for Tyler Bray. He'd be forced to learn progressions and do it fast. I think it would have majorly benefitted him. JMO though. Ultimately he declared so it doesn't matter.

when you have so many corvettes running routes why do you need to read progressions...its too bad...TB left so much on the UT table with his abilities.

(But In a nicer way)

Or that this would be the 3rd coaching staff he's interacted with (including the one that recruited him here).

Not approving of the guy's decision to leave at all (he needed another year)...but at the same time it's also not terribly uncommon to see players bolt after experiencing that much coaching turnover.

VN Store

Back