ESPN segment on Tyler Bray

Gruden called him out for his lack of preparation.

Also said he needed to make better decisions on where to throw the ball.

Marlin Lane was wide open for 10+ yards on the check down when looking at Bammer film where he throws a pick into double coverage in the end zone.

Bray interrupted him and said he should have thrown the ball on a rope rather than arching it. Gruden just shook his head and they cut out of the scene.

Bray just doesn't get it. All the physical ability in the world and crap for brains.

Gruden also had to ask him who his read was twice.

Bray better grow some ears that work unless he wants to ride the pine his entire career.

He still looks like the same QB that hung up the phone on Chaney on the sideline, causing him to be benched.

the real question that should be asked about tyler is,does he love football?if the love for the game isn't there,then he probably won't last very long.this is the question he is going to have to ask himself....

Reactions: 1 person
The reason UT went 5-7 last year was because of the defense. Don't get it twisted.

Defense definitely was the biggest issue but the Coach's, lack of discipline and no leadership was just as much the issue. The yr before our D was nowhere close to being as bad and we had better talent overall on the field. Getting Randolph back will be big and having Coach's that know what they are doing is the biggest part. We have some decent-good players on D and going back to the familiar 4-3 will help immensely.

Summary: Tons of natural talent with bad decision making and maturity issues. They think someone will take a shot at him in the 3 to 5 round. McShay said if he were a gm he would not draft him at all because you cant trust him.

Truth hurts. Hope someone takes a chance on him, he realizes the great opportunity he's been given to secure his future, he matures and has a good, long NFL career.

It sounds like he's still a stubborn, arrogant teenager. Dude is in for a reality check when gets to the NFL. Lots of guys have strong arms. He just doesn't have the head on his shoulders to succeed, which is a shame.

Reactions: 2 people
Bray will get his big contract in his 4th or 5th year, a la Aaron Rodgers. Let him learn from a seasoned vet and he will be primed to take over the position, as long as the GM is smart enough to commit to a guy who will be the organization's future.

Bray will get his big contract in his 4th or 5th year, a la Aaron Rodgers. Let him learn from a seasoned vet and he will be primed to take over the position, as long as the GM is smart enough to commit to a guy who will be the organization's future.

This is overly optimistic IMO. Unless he gets his head on straight he'll never get to that second contract.

Gruden called him out for his lack of preparation.

Also said he needed to make better decisions on where to throw the ball.

Marlin Lane was wide open for 10+ yards on the check down when looking at Bammer film where he throws a pick into double coverage in the end zone.

Bray interrupted him and said he should have thrown the ball on a rope rather than arching it. Gruden just shook his head and they cut out of the scene.

Bray just doesn't get it. All the physical ability in the world and crap for brains.

Bray will never make it in the NFL. He will be out of the league in 3 years.

I didn't see the show yet. I'll try to catch it later if I can.

However, I hope Bray does well in the NFL and in life. He chose to come to UT and he played on Saturdays for my favorite team ... I suppose he could have left with that slime Kiffin when he bolted, but the guy stayed. I wish he'd had more success on the field, but I think we can all agree that he was playing for a coaching staff that was (at best) disorganized and outgunned or (at worst) incompetent and professionally negiligent. I'd have loved to see Bray play just one season under the new coaching staff that seems, at least on the surface, to understand the game and how to build a positive organizational culture. Of course, we still have to see it on the field.

Again, best of luck to Tyler Bray. I hope he burns up the NFL and comes back to UT to offer support as we pull ourselves out of this deep, dark pit into which we have fallen. Go Vols!

If some of the exchanges between the Grude and Bray are real this might well be the funniest half hour on television.

"If the dog hadn't stopped to take a crap, he would have caught the rabbit..."

Genius.

"The whole SEC."

The bamboo farmer taught him well.

Reactions: 2 people
Jaws said Bray reminded him of Jeff George with a huge cannon but will never reach his full potential. They all agree if you draft him he sits and learns for 3 years. They also thought it was crazy that he left a year early.

Granted Bray would have had to change offensive scheme but I think the CBJ staff would have forced/challenged Bray to make fundamental changes in his techniques...which would have made him a much better player and leader and much more NFL ready.

Sentimore made a poor choice as well.

Bray will never make it in the NFL. He will be out of the league in 3 years.

Let me guess. Austen Carter-Samuels, QB from that storied traditional football power Vaginabilt, will be drafted in the 1st rd one day and will be a multiple pro bowl hall of famer..... How many superbowls you got him winning?

Is it just me or do they keep kinda giving off a negative connotation with all the "big stage" and "under the microscope" talk? When really that would actually help better prepare a QB (or any player) for the NFL

VN Store

Back