ESPN segment on Tyler Bray

Gruden called him out for his lack of preparation.

Also said he needed to make better decisions on where to throw the ball.

Marlin Lane was wide open for 10+ yards on the check down when looking at Bammer film where he throws a pick into double coverage in the end zone.

Bray interrupted him and said he should have thrown the ball on a rope rather than arching it. Gruden just shook his head and they cut out of the scene.

Bray just doesn't get it. All the physical ability in the world and crap for brains.
Someone made the comment on here a couple of months ago that Bray's problem was Dooley's coaching, and that he would have been much better with a different staff. I responded that I didn't get the feeling that it would make any difference who Bray's coaches were. He does what he wants when he wants to do it.

My favorite comments by Gruden from this segment, all of which I agree with, particularly the first one:

"You're convinced you can stick that ball in a window that big [holding his fingers one foot apart.]

"You are a daredevil and a gambler [in other words, a gunslinger.]"

"[Referrring to the peaks and valeys of Bray's performance,] I get a stomachache watching you, man."

Reactions: 1 person
Todd is a ton better then Mel IMO and he's spot on with Bray. He said he's the best QB in this draft with no drive essentially. He said its embarrassing that he told Gruden his work ethic was a 7-8. Said at the least he should have said 9 and working on it being a 10. Should illustrate why we have went 5-7 last two years. That was the mentality of our entire team under Dooley. A 7-8? Bray should be totally embarrassed and Dooley shouldn't be allowed anywhere near UT again.

He said that right after he told Gruden he'd gotten a lot better with his preparation too.

Someone made the comment on here a couple of months ago that Bray's problem was Dooley's coaching, and that he would have been much better with a different staff. I responded that I didn't get the feeling that it would make any difference who Bray's coaches were. He does what he wants when he wants to do it.

Jim Chaney, Drew Brees. Nuff said.

Marlin Lane was wide open for 10+ yards on the check down when looking at Bammer film where he throws a pick into double coverage in the end zone.

Bray interrupted him and said he should have thrown the ball on a rope rather than arching it. Gruden just shook his head and they cut out of the scene.

Bray just doesn't get it. All the physical ability in the world and crap for brains.

To be precise, when Bray offered the comment about throwing the ball on a line drive, Gruden said that "If the dog hadn't stopped to take a crap, he would have caught the rabbit."

Gruden: Peyton Manning couldn't beat Florida. What team was it you couldn't beat?

Bray: The whole SEC.

Gotta give the kid credit, he doesn't take himself too seriously.

Reactions: 4 people
Gruden: Peyton Manning couldn't beat Florida. What team was it you couldn't beat?

Bray: The whole SEC.

Gotta give the kid credit, he doesn't take himself too seriously.
I don't think that he takes anything seriously. That won't go over too well if someone is paying him big bucks. They will want ROI.

Bray is lazy and not very smart. He reminds me of a sloth. I'm glad he's gone now he can be someone elses problem

Reactions: 3 people
I know now how stupid he is. Instead of saying, you're right Mr. Gruden I should have checked down because he was wide open and because I didn't I threw a terrible pick. Instead, boy genius says that he should have thrown it harder. He also didnt know his reads when Gruden asked. Gruden had to tell him his reads. He is an embarrassment.

It was painful and embarassing (as a Vol fan) to watch Bray's performance. Not that the segment revealed anything new to me. Just confirmed alot.

If Bray doesn't get a clue in a hurry and grow up fast, he is going to be gone so fast from football, he won't know what hit him. I will be surprised if any team wastes a draft pick on him.

Last edited:
It was painful and embarassing (as a Vol fan) to watch Bray's performance. Not that the segment revealed anything new to me. Just confirmed alot.

If Bray doesn't get a clue in a hurry and grow up fast, he is going to be gone so fast from football, he won't know what hit him. I will be surprised if any team wastes a draft pick on him.

He thinks he is mature right now. He has said it in every interview. I just don't see it.

I didn't believe you guys, but that really was painful to watch.

Dude just has no idea.

Todd is a ton better then Mel IMO and he's spot on with Bray. He said he's the best QB in this draft with no drive essentially. He said its embarrassing that he told Gruden his work ethic was a 7-8. Said at the least he should have said 9 and working on it being a 10. Should illustrate why we have went 5-7 last two years. That was the mentality of our entire team under Dooley. A 7-8? Bray should be totally embarrassed and Dooley shouldn't be allowed anywhere near UT again.

You have to give a S**T to be embarrassed.

If he tears it up in the NFL we'll have another Arian Foster situation. Everyone comes calling back when you have success. If not, well, "we told you so."

Oh my god yall are so incredibly negative....did you see Cam Newton on Gruden's show...his went much much worse he couldn't even name one single play used in Auburn's offense and looked like a total moron...goes on to be rookie of the year....

some people just get really tight and nevous in front of camera's and in front of someone like Gruden...especially young kids and they come off as a little stupid or arrogant....geez...you think it's easy sitting there in front of a superstar coach like Gruden with camera's rolling for the entire nation to see to give the right answers all the time...and about the work ethic he was just being honest or maybe he was scared to say a 9 because he was neverous Gruden would have said he was lying who knows....

The point is you are overanalyzing this......

And remember Bray is still really inexperienced even on the college level...how many total gtames has he played...not many....the guy's ceiling is so much higher than any QB in this draft it's mind boggling to think about...

VN Store

Back