ESPN still sees no bowl for TN

Neyland Law Vol

ESPN predicts the bowls for all the SEC teams each week. They still see TN being one of only 3 sec teams to miss a bowl game this season. No love for Butch.

Two weeks in, and it's time to check out where we think SEC teams are heading during the postseason.

VIZIO BCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Alabama
Allstate Sugar Bowl, Jan. 2: LSU
Capital One Bowl, Jan. 1: Georgia
AT&T Cotton Bowl, Jan. 3: Texas A&M
Outback Bowl, Jan. 1: South Carolina
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Florida
TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1: Ole Miss
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Auburn
AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 31: Vanderbilt
BBVA Compass Bowl, Jan. 4: Arkansas
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Missouri
SEC football bowl projections: Week 2 - ESPN

And yes this post includes the obligatory "ESPN Hates Us".

Can we prove them wrong?

South Alabama and Kentucky are almost penciled in wins. Auburn, Vanderbilt, and Missouri are the key. Can we win 2/3 of those? Right now, I don't know.

Reactions: 6 people
ESPN thinks Tennessee is sh*t. Tennessee will be going Bowling and it'll probably p*ss off ESPN's College Football experts.

Reactions: 9 people
Why is this so surprising? We've beaten the likes of Austin Pea and Western Kentucky in the friendly confines of Neyland Stadium. We'll find out everything we need to know about Tennessee in the coming weeks whether or not they're a bowl caliber outfit or not.

Reactions: 7 people
i see south ala ky and mizz all being easy wins auburn and vandy are a toss up and i like our chances of grabbing an upset so in my mind its hard to not get to a bowl. so yes espn hates us

Reactions: 2 people
Why is this so surprising? We've beaten the likes of Austin Pea and Western Kentucky in the friendly confines of Neyland Stadium. We'll find out everything we need to know about Tennessee in the coming weeks whether or not they're a bowl caliber outfit or not.

Auburn beat two suckass teams at Auburn and should be getting the same treatment as Tennessee.

Reactions: 7 people
No way Arkansas makes it to a bowl. Had trouble with Samford yesterday. I also have serious doubts about Ole Miss and Missouri as well. I say we have a BETTER shot than those three.

Reactions: 3 people
We play 5 top 12 teams , per yesterday's ranking. It will be an uphill battle but I think Butch may pull off a surprise win or two and we make a bowl.

No way Arkansas makes it to a bowl. Had trouble with Samford yesterday. I also have serious doubts about Ole Miss and Missouri as well. I say we have a BETTER shot than those three.

I think Ole Miss goes 8-4(They will beat Texas in Austin this Saturday) while Missouri is no better than 4-8. I put Arkansas in the category as Missouri.

Am I watching a different UT team play the first two weeks than the rest on here? I certainly think UT will win 6 games. I thought that prior to the season, but thought that would likely be the ceiling. After the first two games I feel like 7 games is very achievable. I have to think that many of you are shell shocked from the last 4 or 7 years of UT football and just don't want to look at what is going on with this team. Is there work to be done ? Sure! and we certainly have vulnerabilities. But I think this team is better than most of you are giving them credit for being.

If Worley doesn't improve real fast, our season could end in November again.

He needs to be a 200 yds/game type of QB at the minimum. We've gotta have at least some threat in the passing game.

nobody is going to change their prediction on TN until we beat a quality opponent.

Why is Auburn getting such a break? They were worse than Tennessee last season and their opponents haven't been any better than Tennessee's. USC sucks and that is why They lost to Washington State last night.

VN Store

Back