ESPN still sees no bowl for TN

I don't understand any of this; We CRUSH A.P. and W.K. yet that ol' whatsisname on ESPN (the Notre Dame coach guy) only talks about how well W.K. did, and the rest of the guys on the show do the same. Same for Collegefootballnews.com. What , I ask you will it take to get some respect anymore. God, I hope the VOLS beat Oregon.

As soon as we beat some ranked teams, we'll get respect. We've started off just like this the last 4 years, but have one win against ranked team.

If we want respect, we need to win the big TV games that make money.. Simple as that. Like CBJ said, resiliency is what this team needs.

As soon as we beat some ranked teams, we'll get respect. We've started off just like this the last 4 years, but have one win against ranked team.

If we want respect, we need to win the big TV games that make money.. Simple as that. Like CBJ said, resiliency is what this team needs.

Who knows Tennessee goes 7-5 and wins a Bowl game,They could be built up by the Media like Ole Miss has been.

ESPN predicts the bowls for all the SEC teams each week. They still see TN being one of only 3 sec teams to miss a bowl game this season. No love for Butch.

Two weeks in, and it's time to check out where we think SEC teams are heading during the postseason.

VIZIO BCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Alabama
Allstate Sugar Bowl, Jan. 2: LSU
Capital One Bowl, Jan. 1: Georgia
AT&T Cotton Bowl, Jan. 3: Texas A&M
Outback Bowl, Jan. 1: South Carolina
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Florida
TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1: Ole Miss
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Auburn
AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 31: Vanderbilt
BBVA Compass Bowl, Jan. 4: Arkansas
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Missouri
SEC football bowl projections: Week 2 - ESPN

And yes this post includes the obligatory "ESPN Hates Us".

Can we prove them wrong?

Who cares? Didn't realize a sports 'news' company determines wins and losses. Come out of the next 2 weeks 1-1 and it fixes itself.

Who knows Tennessee goes 7-5 and wins a Bowl game,They could be built up by the Media like Ole Miss has been.

You may be right, but for some reason, positive media attention has never been freely given to UT.

I hope that changes though. 7-5, 8-5 with a bowl win and a #3 recruiting class just might do the trick.

Has anyone been paying attention to the layout of the East this year? Stop calling Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina automatic losses this year. We have a good enough D to keep us in every game this year IMO, we just need the offense to progress week to week and help them out.

We'll know more about where we stand this next Saturday, but I'm really starting to feel like it's becoming a possibility that we come out of the swamp with a win.

I just want to see competitive football against Oregon. If we get down at any point in the game, don't just lay down and quit, keep grinding it out and put yourself in a position to make it a ball game! The odds are against certainly, but if there's anyone out there that can get the most out of this team, it's Butch Jones. If things go our way, and our D performs with the same intensity it did this past Saturday against WKU, then we just might beat some teams that we shouldn't. I think we're in for an exciting season of Tennessee football folks.

Has anyone been paying attention to the layout of the East this year? Stop calling Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina automatic losses this year. We have a good enough D to keep us in every game this year IMO, we just need the offense to progress week to week and help them out.

We'll know more about where we stand this next Saturday, but I'm really starting to feel like it's becoming a possibility that we come out of the swamp with a win.

I just want to see competitive football against Oregon. If we get down at any point in the game, don't just lay down and quit, keep grinding it out and put yourself in a position to make it a ball game! The odds are against certainly, but if there's anyone out there that can get the most out of this team, it's Butch Jones. If things go our way, and our D performs with the same intensity it did this past Saturday against WKU, then we just might beat some teams that we shouldn't. I think we're in for an exciting season of Tennessee football folks.

I can agree with all of this. I think the only automatic losses are Alabama and Oregon. The other games are winnable if we can improve our offense. I see us handling Florida actually. UGA and USC are going to be tough games.

I can agree with all of this. I think the only automatic losses are Alabama and Oregon. The other games are winnable if we can improve our offense. I see us handling Florida actually. UGA and USC are going to be tough games.

UGA and USCE can definitely put up some points, but they can give up a lot of points too. With Mitchell out of the equation, that can only help out defense. We just can't allow the big plays from happening. Gurley breaking 50+ runs in that game are simply not an option if we want to have any chance of winning! Limit his yardage, and keep him in check, and you have a pretty good shot to beat Georgia. Murray struggles under pressure. Once again however, it all comes down to how well the offense progresses week to week.

Crap this is only week 2 not final weekend Football this stuff is going to change like the weather. Let the horse pull the darn cart not push the darn thing. :banghead2:

I honestly think we are a solid 6-6 team, thus we are going to a bowl. UK will be a given by that point. Yes, they could be improved but so should we. Honestly Vandy, Mizzou, and Auburn should be real winnable too. In fact I think we have a shot to pull a couple surprises against the east, especially Florida. The only teams I don't think we have a shot against are Bama and Oregon. Could we go 4-8? Yep that chance is there too, but it's not like 6-6 or 7-5 is some pipe dream either.

South Alabama and Kentucky are almost penciled in wins. Auburn, Vanderbilt, and Missouri are the key. Can we win 2/3 of those? Right now, I don't know.

While we certainly do not "know" in the concrete sense... Vandy and Mizzou for sure should be wins. UT has more talent than both. Jones is showing signs of being a very good in-game and game week coach.

Auburn has not played well but in spite of his problems Chizik recruited well. He left Malzahn with a pretty good roster to work with.

You can add USCe to that list. Granted UGA is a great offensive team but they exposed the weaknesses of the USC D. The Gamecocks are thin and have issues in the back 7. UGA's D replaced 9 starters and half their 2 deep from last year and still got stops at key times. USCe is definitely beatable.

UF is down 2 or 3 of their starting OL's from the beginning of the season. There are opportunities there.

IMO UGA has too much O. UT has to improve significantly on that side of the ball to have any kind of real shot.

We play 5 top 12 teams , per yesterday's ranking. It will be an uphill battle but I think Butch may pull off a surprise win or two and we make a bowl.

UF will fall. USCe will fall. IMO, USCe will disappoint the "experts" this year. They have significant holes.

Beat Florida. If we do nothing else all year, let us beat the gators.

Saddest part is that Western Kentucky will probably make a bowl. I do think we make one this year. Probably Music City bowl again.

South Alabama and Kentucky are almost penciled in wins. Auburn, Vanderbilt, and Missouri are the key. Can we win 2/3 of those? Right now, I don't know.

will likely depend on how healthy Tennessee can remain to have a chance to go 3-1 in November. that will be the key. there are about 8 players that Tennessee cannot afford to lose

VN Store

Back