Euro 2012

On a similar note, I think Torres found his groove again. That makes Spain downright scary

He was making a ton of good runs in his limited play on Sunday, but couldn't finish anything. The guy is super dangerous when his head is on straight.

His head hasn't been on straight in quite some time before today. Hence Spain using a 4-6-0 in the first game rather than play him

I didn't see it, but probably flares from the crowd. Pretty common occurrence in European soccer.

Yep you were right. Flares from Croatia's crowd.

It was pretty crazy looking.

euro2012_027.jpg

Assuming Spain disposes of Croatia, is there anyone who will stop a Germany-Spain final? I don't know. Ireland is atrocious but if Torres can keep his confidence, they are built absolutely perfect. So smooth today.

And I just read that the tournament is expanding to 24 teams in 2016. Why? That is so stupid. Some really bad teams are going to qualify.

Assuming Spain disposes of Croatia, is there anyone who will stop a Germany-Spain final? I don't know. Ireland is atrocious but if Torres can keep his confidence, they are built absolutely perfect. So smooth today.

And I just read that the tournament is expanding to 24 teams in 2016. Why? That is so stupid. Some really bad teams are going to qualify.
Germany still isn't really in form. Denmark might play us tough.

Don't really understand the 24 teams either. Who worth a damn would have qualified this year? Belgium? Turkey? Norway? Austria? Seriously. If you couldn't make the 16 teams, you have no chance in hell.

Germany still isn't really in form. Denmark might play us tough.

Don't really understand the 24 teams either. Who worth a damn would have qualified this year? Belgium? Turkey? Norway? Austria? Seriously. If you couldn't make the 16 teams, you have no chance in hell.

I'm not completely convinced by Germany. I don't really know why. I'm just not, but I don't think anyone has looked any good yet besides Spain and Germany. I like Croatia. Russia could make a run last the last Euros.

I'm not completely convinced by Germany. I don't really know why. I'm just not, but I don't think anyone has looked any good yet besides Spain and Germany. I like Croatia. Russia could make a run last the last Euros.

Germany is weak in their center defense, which might sound strange to most. It doesn't get exploited as much because of the strength of our midfield.

And like Bayern, we are also weak against teams who pack the box. Gomez is playing well so far, so I'll probably get some disagreement, but I would rather have Klose in the striker role because he makes more of chances and is not quite as one dimensional.

Walcott got lucky there

Sweden screwed the pooch

That was a heck of a shot. All the players in the box helped screen the keeper but any shot on goal from that distance that makes it through the crowd is a good shot. Not a lot of luck involved.

It seems a bit harsh to have given Glen Johnson an OG for the first Swedish goal. Sure, he hit it off the post and back into the net, but it was still going to be a goal if he had never touched it.

It was a good shot, usually you can't ask more for a shot on frame from that distance. It was good. Still a bit of luck, but I suppose there usually is

Incredible goal! Between Walcott's pace allowing him to split the defenders, the backheel finish from Welbeck, and what was at stake so late in a critical game, I have a hard time imagining that one will be topped in this tournament.

VN Store

Back