Euro 2012

It was a good shot, usually you can't ask more for a shot on frame from that distance. It was good. Still a bit of luck, but I suppose there usually is
Lucky only because it was Walcott, speaking of which, what a cross and finish. That was impressive.

There was an article on deadspin about it awhile ago. Not the white stripes per se but about 7NA.

It was all over B1G football games last season too, I don't think the Michigan band ever stopped playing it during that ND night game. I love the White Stripes but it's a bit excessive.

It was all over B1G football games last season too, I don't think the Michigan band stopped playing it during that ND night game. I love the White Stripes but it's a bit excessive.

I don't mind with cfb as it gets mixed in with fight songs and such, but in Europe it's 7na after every... Damn... Goal

Care to summarize

Some Czech team played the song, fans like it copied it, other teams liked it as well and adopted it. There was no real reason why people latch on to things like that. Theres a lot of college football teams that do it as well. I liked it a first, its a menacing song but now they just do it whenever and it's gotten stale.

Big win for England today. They've managed to weather the storm of the Rooney suspension and still have 4 points in their first two games.

Still, they may come to regret not finishing that last chance in stoppage time. They needed the extra goal to stay level with France on goal differential, and with the way the tiebreakers work, 4-2 is a lot better than 2-0. The reason it's so important is because whoever has the misfortune of finishing second in the group will draw Spain in the quarterfinals.

What up 3 points.

What a finish from Welbeck.... I'll even give props to Carroll for his play today.

Rooneys back and now it's on.

(from the Assoc. Football thread)

What up 3 points.

What a finish from Welbeck.... I'll even give props to Carroll for his play today.

Rooneys back and now it's on.

(from the Assoc. Football thread)

Right up to the point that Spain beats them 4-0 in the quarters.

Even if that is how things play out, England can't really complain. In fact, that would be as close as they have ever come to actually EXCEEDING expectations. For once it seems the English fans had a pretty realistic outlook on how this tournament would go, and maybe that is helping the team as well.

Right up to the point that Spain beats them 4-0 in the quarters.

Even if that is how things play out, England can't really complain. In fact, that would be as close as they have ever come to actually EXCEEDING expectations. For once it seems the English fans had a pretty realistic outlook on how this tournament would go, and maybe that is helping the team as well.

Come on, let's be serious. Making it out of groups in not exceeding expectations. And they still may not face Spain in the quarters, have to wait and see how the group plays out.

That said, my "hopes" remain high as ever.

Come on, let's be serious. Making it out of groups in not exceeding expectations. And they still may not face Spain in the quarters, have to wait and see how the group plays out.

That said, my "hopes" remain high as ever.

Maybe not, but I said it's as close as England have ever come to exceeding expectations. Most years, the fans go into the tournament thinking England have a real shot to win the thing, and that's simply not the case.

I'm going to the big Gabon vs. South Korea soccer match at the Olympics this summer, I'm starting a Seven Nation Army chant with whatever fans I'm sitting near.

Woah let's hold on guys, England is an average team in this tourney. Let's wait till they beat a team worth talking about.

VN Store

Back