Euro 2012

Germany can still finish third in a three way tie with Denmark and Portugal, theoretically.

Though Germany should easily get nine points

Yeah if Germany loses to the Danes and Portugal beat the dutch its a three way tie for first. If Germany beats Denmark and Portugal loses to the Dutch then its a three way tie for second. I guess it then goes down to goal differential?

Yeah if Germany loses to the Danes and Portugal beat the dutch its a three way tie for first. If Germany beats Denmark and Portugal loses to the Dutch then its a three way tie for second. I guess it then goes down to goal differential?

First tie breaker is head to head.

Yes, and they win the first tiebreaker with Portugal, head to head.

That's not how it works I don't think. In the case of a 3-way tie, which is: higher number of points obtained in the matches among the teams in question, everyone's game with Holland would be thrown out. Germany would have gotten 3 points against Portugal and Denmark, Portugal 3 points against Denmark and Germany and Denmark 3 points against Portugal and Germany. So then it would move onto the second tie-breaker, which is: superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points), again, the Holland game wouldn't count.

interesting graphic during the Germany-Netherlands match said that Netherlands scored 37 goals during qualifying, but at the time the graphic appeared, they had scored zero during Euro 2012.

Robben is one of the most overrated players in history. He flops like a Brazilian and whines like a Frenchman.

First tie breaker is head to head.

It's the same situation that UT has found itself in in the past where they ended up in a 3 way tie for the Eastern Division title with UGA and UF. All the head to head games basically cancel each other out, because everybody ends up with a 1-1 record against the other two teams they are tied with.

interesting graphic during the Germany-Netherlands match said that Netherlands scored 37 goals during qualifying, but at the time the graphic appeared, they had scored zero during Euro 2012.

Robben is one of the most overrated players in history. He flops like a Brazilian and whines like a Frenchman.

I agree. I wish Bayern would sell him while he still has some value. Incredibly selfish player, too.

You're right. I was completely forgetting it involves 3 teams

FWIW though, ESPN was stating that Germany was thru with this win

Last edited:
Ronaldo's response after being asked about fans chanting Messi after his ****show performance today:

"You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?"

Messi all up in his head. Such a ***

After looking at the tiebreakers, the Dutch aren't dead yet.

If they were to beat Portugal by 2 goals and Germany beats Denmark, guess who goes through with Germany?

Germany is all but thru with goal difference being the 2nd tiebreaker. Unless they get blasted by Denmark, which we all doubt.

Should be fun to watch

Ronaldo's response after being asked about fans chanting Messi after his ****show performance today:

"You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?"

Messi all up in his head. Such a ***

Hahaha. Did he really say this? Wow.

After looking at the tiebreakers, the Dutch aren't dead yet.

If they were to beat Portugal by 2 goals and Germany beats Denmark, guess who goes through with Germany?

Germany is all but thru with goal difference being the 2nd tiebreaker. Unless they get blasted by Denmark, which we all doubt.

Should be fun to watch

Yup. They have a chance, as long as they can score against Portugal because I don't see anybody stopping Germany.

does anyone know what song is played when the players are walking out before both sets of national anthems?

do y'all got Croatia or Italy?
I got Croatia if it comes to a multiple score game, which I see it being with only 3 in the back for Italy

What the heck happened today in the Italy game? I look over at the TV at work and I see smoke all over the field with both teams still playing the game in the smoke.

What the heck happened today in the Italy game? I look over at the TV at work and I see smoke all over the field with both teams still playing the game in the smoke.

I didn't see it, but probably flares from the crowd. Pretty common occurrence in European soccer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back