Evening Scrimmage Notes

Can we please get some FOOTBALL practice updates instead of this........whatever it is?

Duck update: No practice Friday....... Coach felt they deserved a day off for all the work and progress they've made.

That's how it begins. :yes:

Not sure what you mean. Under Kelly the Ducks usually practiced fewer hours than most other schools. To me this is more of a statement that the team is reaching goals and on or ahead of schedule.

Not sure what you mean. Under Kelly the Ducks usually practiced fewer hours than most other schools. To me this is more of a statement that the team is reaching goals and on or ahead of schedule.

Well alright then. :)

Originally Posted by utvolz98
Poor choice of a username by you, sir. You're anything but a brainiac.

You two need to tell this "Brainiac" that he's using a copyrighted name and could get this forum in deep do-do for it.

He can use the image as an avatar b/c it's in the public domain.

Take care of that and thanks for being so sharp and on the job and all. :eek:hmy:

:birgits_giggle:

Signed,

Braniac :ermm:
Wondering if they can tell the difference :no:

Considering you would not be profiting off of the name, I wouldn't worry about it.

You misspelled your screen name.

Glad that Oregon's team is apparently so great they don't have practice anymore lol

As far as our team is concerned, I want them to keep practicing.

Perfection is the goal that is never achieved. That's why you practice.

I grew up being a (as I called him) LONG RANGER fan.

& yes I'll admit, he got a bit quirkey as he got older.

...........as evidenced by having Trigger 'stuffed'.

but I digress.

OD, Lone Ranger didn't ride Trigger, Roy Rogers did. Lone Ranger's horse, if I recall right, was called Silver. Trigger was a palomino, Silver white stallion of some breed I can't recall. As for kemo sabe, as often happens, American television takes facts and convert them to irreverent myths. The proper spelling should be Kemosahbee in the Algonkian tribal group known as the Neshnabémwen but Euro-Americans (Canadians included) refer to them as Pottawatomie. Shirley says Kemosahbee actually meant "loyal friend" and the Lone Ranger franchise corrupted it as "trusted scout" which denoted Tonto's subservient role due to being a Native American character. I'm trying to figure out how a Kiowa woman knows this. But she surprises me in many ways, always has.

Trigger was stuffed in part because Roy Rogers became so attached to the horse he couldn't let go. Dale Evans his wife and co-star once threatened to have him stuffed and mounted on Trigger. Don't know if she actually did it, though.

Now, what the heck does this have to do with the scrimmage? Well, uh, ahem, I think we have the horses to win much more than just 6 games. Butch imaginative adapting to injuries and such encourages me in that thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back