Evening Scrimmage Notes

This is interesting, but hard to get a read on when its intersquad .. is the DL that good, or is the OL gonna have problems against a big physical DL? If its the latter, that might bode well for UT's matchup on the line.

Yea, lets just say it appears the defense is a head of the offense in week one. Locals have been saying this defense may be one of the best we've had in years. The Ducks have gotten much better on defense the last two years. I'd expect the dline to be just fine this year, corners and safeties to be very good and the LBs to be the only question mark on that side of the ball.

Oregon has a very good offensive line and I suspect they are pi$$ed that the defense handled them in week one. I'd expect a WAR on the line of scrimmage going forward. Lots of guys itching to hit someone.

Don't think the Ducks will muck with what's known to work when it comes to Thomas.

I'd expect the #2 RB at Oregon to average around 10-15 carries a game and for the #1 to get around 20-25. If that's Thomas #1 and Marshall #2 then you'll see plenty of Marshall come Sept 14th. Tyner may get 5-10 as well all depends on the game and how it flows.

I'll be interested to see if we get two RBs on the field at the same time. Say Marshall and Thomas or Tyner just to see if they can freeze the Tenn lateral pursuit with a reverse or cutback.

Last edited:
I'd expect the #2 RB at Oregon to average around 10-15 carries a game and for the #1 to get around 20-25. If that's Thomas #1 and Marshall #2 then you'll see plenty of Marshall come Sept 14th. Tyner may get 5-10 as well all depends on the game and how it flows.

I'll be interested to see if we get two RBs on the field at the same time. Say Marshall and Thomas or Tyner just to see if they can freeze the Tenn lateral pursuit with a reverse or cutback.

Interesting. Anyway, was just saying why Thomas remains the #1 RB.

Originally Posted by utvolz98
Poor choice of a username by you, sir. You're anything but a brainiac.

, Brainiac is Brainiac 5, however, is..Brainiac is a
You two need to tell this "Brainiac" that he's using a copyrighted name and could get this forum in deep do-do for it.

He can use the image as an avatar b/c it's in the public domain.

Take care of that and thanks for being so sharp and on the job and all. :eek:hmy:

:birgits_giggle:

Signed,

Braniac :ermm:
Wondering if they can tell the difference :no:

You two need to tell this "Brainiac" that he's using a copyrighted name and could get this forum in deep do-do for it.

Take care of that and thanks for being so sharp and on the job and all. :eek:hmy:

Signed,

Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new. Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

Reactions: 1 person
Day Nine Update from Eugene:

Quick Note: Duck defense continues to dominate, especially the defensive line.

Two thoughts:
1. I have been a big proponent of Lane over Neal. However, I have never questioned Neal's talent or ability - just his aversion to hitting the hole. This run exemplifies how he should have approached runs in the past. If he has learned this basic concept, then I certainly will not bash him. This was his basic flaw and it killed us.
2. Oregon D ahead of Offense - Generally, it takes offenses a little longer to catch on than defenses. Offenses are largely predicated on timing and execution. That requires a good deal of repetition. Wouldn't read too much into Oregon's OL issues yet.

Day Nine Update from Eugene:

Quick Note: Duck defense continues to dominate, especially the defensive line.

Thanks GoDucks. From my on again, off again roaming, it seems your offense was whipping your defense during spring practices. But now the defense has caught up and is reversing the trend. Of course, being the same team, your defense knows your plays so is in position to perform well.

Thanks GoDucks. From my on again, off again roaming, it seems your offense was whipping your defense during spring practices. But now the defense has caught up and is reversing the trend. Of course, being the same team, your defense knows your plays so is in position to perform well.

All too true. I do have to admit that perhaps the two things coming out of spring and fall practice are, 1. This may be a very good defensive line, perhaps as good as the Igor Oshansky and Haloti Ngata d line. Maybe not as down right mean or brutal like Igor and Haloti, but very good as a unit with depth. 2. I get the impression the passing game is going to play a larger roll, when you consider Huff, Addison, Lowe, Hawkins, Lyerla and Thomas all having good hands and the ability to make things happen after the catch.

Side note: If you had to choose between Igor and Haloti to have on your side in a bar fight....... Take Igor.

Last edited:
On the other hand, maybe he is what his username says. You see, Brainiac is an evil s.o.b. Brainiac 5, however, is the good guy. Now, Sheldon and Brainiac are mutually exclusive. Sheldon at least, while an egoistical braggart, actually means well. Brainiac is a malevolent entity who just likes being a s.o.b. I hope this information has been helpful in clarifying, uh, the ahem, cough, cough, situation at hand. :)

We have a "Brainiac" on this site? Interesting... I know we have someone who thought about being "Brainiac", but instead named themselves after a certain grain husk that cleans out the bowls.

I'll have to look this "Brainiac" up and see about his posts. I'll probably have to read pretty carefull too, because I bring the thunder against Braniac's incessant troll jobs. I'd hate for an innocent Brainiac to get caught in the cross fire.

DSC_0081.jpg

Signed,

Ha. Hahaha. hahaha hahahaha hahahahahahaha!

Lol

Lulz.

(Methinks BRANiac is tired of people pointing out that he failed on this site before ever even making the first post-- i.e. he misspelled his name. Methinks he's trying to come up with a way to make it purposeful, and failing miserably. Methings he should man up and own the failure-- He does it with every post; why not the username too?)

Got bran?

Just wondered due to your using the kemosabe term.

I grew up being a (as I called him) LONG RANGER fan.

& yes I'll admit, he got a bit quirkey as he got older.

...........as evidenced by having Trigger 'stuffed'.

but I digress.

Attachments

• triggerx.jpg
    triggerx.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 171
I grew up being a (as I called him) LONG RANGER fan.

& yes I'll admit, he got a bit quirkey as he got older.

...........as evidenced by having Trigger 'stuffed'.

but I digress.

Reminds me of some recent football coaches... Looks busy but don't go anywhere.

First pages: debate on if Neal is the real deal and will be a good workhorse for the team.
Last page: picture of a horse.

VN Store

Back