EVERYTHING Changes TOMORROW *SEC SHORTS

We're 6-6 against Mizzou since they joined the SEC. Granted we have won 4 of the last 5.
The point is that what @Dannyman posted was just flat out wrong ....

He said that Missouri had beaten Tennessee 2 of the last 3. That was a ridiculous statement over something so easily fact-checked. We have run the score up on Missouri in 2 of the last 3 games. .... and yet, @Dannyman 's post even received a like. Pathetic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240702_052008_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240702_052008_Maps.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240702_052400_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240702_052400_Maps.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
Again, LSU's campus falls within that parameter. It is JUST east of the Mississippi River and so is Tiger Stadium...
It's where the state is more than where the campus is. I'm fine geographically with Texas, A&M, Oklahoma and Missouri being in the conference. Their states are pretty much in the southeastern quadrant of the country, and parts of the states are in the Southeast culturally although that distinction is fading. I'm not fine with Texas given their behavior.

Last edited:
It's where the state is more than where the campus is. I'm fine geographically with Texas, A&M, Oklahoma and Missouri being in the conference. Their states are pretty much in the southeastern quadrant of the country, and parts of the states are in the Southeast culturally although that distinction is fading. I'm not fine with Texas given their demeanor.
I would've much preferred east coast teams if we were going to expand. I wouldve taken any of the following...Clemson, FSU, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Miami, etc.

The change is all about "Sho me da monee."
This is it exactly. For all of the talk about the "great competition", which much of it will be, OU and texis are in the SEC solely for the extra cash. They saw the writing on the wall and made the jump before anyone else could. Neither wanted to be playing outside in the cold during November, so the Big10 was out, that left the SEC. If it weren't for the cash, they would have stayed in the Big12 and had an easy annual path to the CFB Playoff. $ rules.

If you look back at Dannyman’s posts I suspect he’s not really a UT fan. Among his other great posts in his 18 posts was the statement that Hooker wouldn’t get drafted. Probably too much for him to actually go back and look at the scores before he posts.
Him along with a few more

I don't mind expansion, but I DO mind not maintaining regional integrity! As I've said countless times before, any school that is not east of the Mississippi River and south of the Mason-Dixon line has NO BUSINESS being in the SEC! That means Arkansas, that means Missouri, that means Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma! I'd gladly trade those schools for FSU, Miami, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.
I don't get the strong emotions about this, Brave.

SEC is just a name.

When's the last time you called yourself a "good ole southeastern boy"?

If you travel up north or out west or overseas, do you explain what part of the country is your home by saying, "I'm a southeasterner"?

No way. We're southerners, man.

When then-Captain Robert Neyland (a Texan, incidentally) took over the helm of the Volunteers, you know what conference he did it in? The Southern Conference. That was the daddy of the SEC. No "east" in it, just the South. And guess what: all of its original schools were further east than founding SEC members Ole Miss and LSU. We expanded west to form the SEC. Heh.

And it is a fact that Texas and Oklahoma, like Arkansas and LSU (which is only east of the Mississippi by about a large pizza's width*), fit well culturally with the rest of the South.

So why the fixation on the Mississippi River? We're southerners, man, not southeasterners.

Go Vols!

* really, about a mile.

Last edited:
Reactions: volintheham
I, for one, look forward to knocking both these teams down a notch or two. Their brand was built on playing subpar teams for years. They won't be able to hide in the SEC.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I don't mind expansion, but I DO mind not maintaining regional integrity! As I've said countless times before, any school that is not east of the Mississippi River and south of the Mason-Dixon line has NO BUSINESS being in the SEC! That means Arkansas, that means Missouri, that means Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma! I'd gladly trade those schools for FSU, Miami, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

Meh, I get it but this was set up when regions were a much bigger thing. Back when it might be a day or two before you found out who won a West Coast game. Back when winning the conference was a much bigger deal because for all intents and purposes that conference/area was all that mattered. I think keeping the name respects the tradition but it's a much, much different world now.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back