FedEx, Taxes, and Paying for Infrastructure

Does the principle or the school board create policy to remove attendances from students who have more (after all, they don't need them and they can spare them easily) and transfer those attendances to students who don't have enough?
Of course not.
Teachers do donate sick leave days into a bank to be used by others who are out due to extended illnesses.

Poll the members here. RavinDave, hog, Clearwater, LG, huff, vfh...all the folks who are self employed or in corporate america. ask them what they do at tax time when faced with the option of sending 50k to DC or 50k on a vehicle used in their business.

This isn't waste. This isn't poor decisions. The money is out the door either way. This is the crux of your comparison and it actually illustrates the best decision and most responsible decision.

It’s a no brainer, I send it to DC so it won’t be wasted and spent wisely in the betterment of the country.

How so? They purchase amount increases. The thing purchased changes. But so does the amount of money in consideration and the number of people making the decision. But the small one-person business and the gargantuan mega corp are coming to the same conclusion.

The only difference is one has your respect and the other has your disdain (my words, not yours, and solely based on my opinion from this current conversation.
Not really respect and disdain but one is certainly more equitable, justifiable, and beneficial than the others.
It's like saying politicians choose how tax money is spent so all decisions are equally respectable or worthy of disdain.
Some decisions are better than others.

Poll the members here. RavinDave, hog, Clearwater, LG, huff, vfh...all the folks who are self employed or in corporate america. ask them what they do at tax time when faced with the option of sending 50k to DC or 50k on a vehicle used in their business.

This isn't waste. This isn't poor decisions. The money is out the door either way. This is the crux of your comparison and it actually illustrates the best decision and most responsible decision.

I worked for small businesses for several years. I never understood (other) small businesses that did what you describe.

Sure, I get dropping a quick 50K on something so you can buy something instead of losing it in taxes. I get that. By why not give it out in bonuses to your employees then buying something that you dont really need?

I worked for small businesses for several years. I never understood (other) small businesses that did what you describe.

Sure, I get dropping a quick 50K on something so you can buy something instead of losing it in taxes. I get that. By why not give it out in bonuses to your employees then buying something that you dont really need?

Bonuses are not tax deductible, the business pays taxes on bonuses. Equipment can be depreciated.

Bonuses are not tax deductible, the business pays taxes on bonuses. Equipment can be depreciated.

they need to change that then. It is another disadvantage small businesses are put into against the corporate big boys

Reactions: McDad

Lol

they need to change that then. It is another disadvantage small businesses are put into against the corporate big boys
What? are you nuts? That isn't a disadvantage to small businesses. Small businesses do the exact same as the big boys when it comes to depreciating assets.

The tax code is designed to prevent the accumulation of wealth and preserve the wealth of those lucky enough to reach the highest levels. Neither party is interested in helping small businesses or the individual taxpayer.

For a C Corp, bonuses are deductible as compensation expense. (An exception exists if a Top 5 listed officer for publicly traded company if that officer has comp over $1MM)

Reactions: McDad
Of course not.
Teachers do donate sick leave days into a bank to be used by others who are out due to extended illnesses.
Charity between two or more parties to efficiently help out where needed. Without the oversight of the school board, or teacher's union, I assume.

If only we had mechanisms like that in our society at large. ;)

Reactions: AM64

Tax exempt (to the company) bonuses to employees?

It's a wonderful idea. Prepare for upper middle class and the wealthy to have their compensation structure changed to take advantage of your idea. Those who want business to pay their fair share will be raging at the change.

Tax exempt (to the company) bonuses to employees?

It's a wonderful idea. Prepare for upper middle class and the wealthy to have their compensation structure changed to take advantage of your idea. Those who want business to pay their fair share will be raging at the change.
Lol beat me to it.

Charity between two or more parties to efficiently help out where needed. Without the oversight of the school board, or teacher's union, I assume.

If only we had mechanisms like that in our society at large. ;)
It was approved by the board and is maintained by the county. It actually costs the county money.

It was approved by the board and is maintained by the county. It actually costs the county money.
Greedy teachers. Helping your colleagues on the back of the poorest in your county. You've got careers, steady income, teach in conditioned environments. For shame. I would hope yall would be much more fair and equitable to those really in need.

Greedy teachers. Helping your colleagues on the back of the poorest in your county. You've got careers, steady income, teach in conditioned environments. For shame. I would hope yall would be much more fair and equitable to those really in need.
lol.........fair and equitable is such a difficult concept, what is one to do?

And the $500,000 luxury boxes and $100,000 golf club memberships are also perks needed to secure the best talent. I don't totally buy that, and I certainly don't like it, but I get it.........just like with taxes. The consumer ends up funding spending they don't agree with that goes to people they feel shouldn't be getting the help.
If a company spends so much on SG&A (golf memberships, hockey tix, etc) that it affects the product or the company's financials, then that is one thing. But the govt coming in like a mob boss and forcing that company to pay a tribute is totally different.

If a company spends so much on SG&A (golf memberships, hockey tix, etc) that it affects the product or the company's financials, then that is one thing. But the govt coming in like a mob boss and forcing that company to pay a tribute is totally different.
His miss here is that it's not the companies money. It's the shareholders money. And if the shareholders don't agree with how their money is spent then they will hold the board accountable.

Reactions: McDad and hog88
The tax code is designed to prevent the accumulation of wealth and preserve the wealth of those lucky enough to reach the highest levels. Neither party is interested in helping small businesses or the individual taxpayer.

true dat. It is an uphill battle for every small business

His miss here is that it's not the companies money. It's the shareholders money. And if the shareholders don't agree with how their money is spent then they will hold the board accountable.

true but if shareholders are getting rich they dont care. It works in theory

What? are you nuts? That isn't a disadvantage to small businesses. Small businesses do the exact same as the big boys when it comes to depreciating assets.

they do not. Small businesses dont have legions of accountants on the payroll to do it as well as the big boys

VN Store

Back