Fields transferring

No way Kirby releases him to another SEC school.

From what I have read, I don't think based on the new rules that Kirby has any say in it. Correct me if I am wrong.

NCAA institutes new transfer rule

"Earlier this month, in what the NCAA called an “expected next step,” it allowed all athletes in Division I to transfer out of their programs without permission -- all they would need to do is inform their college or university they intended to do so. The players would then be added to a national database and any coach could contact them. Some athletes in the more high-profile sports still need to sit out a year upon transferring, per NCAA rules. "

Reactions: jakez4ut and Remy
The saving grace for UGA might be that Fromm is an Aaron Murray type - really good college QB that doesn't have eye popping measurable or arm strength. He might stick around for 4 years.
I’m thinking that’s why Fields is leaving. If he thinks Fromm goes after next year then why leave? He’s playing in 2020 either way unless he goes down a level.

This is a crusher for UGA. Next season will be Fromms last year.

Ah who am I kidding they'll probably just go out and sign the number 1 ovr QB this year or next year
They had better as they are down to just 1 scholarshipped player at QB with very little coming in this year. Big loss if rumor of his transfer is true. Wolken started it and we all know what kind of reporting he does.

They had better as they are down to just 1 scholarshipped player at QB with very little coming in this year. Big loss if rumor of his transfer is true. Wolken started it and we all know what kind of reporting he does.
I think they were planning on bringing in 2 in this class anyway. They've got one committed and have been pushing for a guy out of HI, he is an under the radar dual threat guy, it's between them and Southern Cal I think.

They're more similar than you think. Fromm is 6'2" 215-220 and was rated 6.1 and 5 star by Rivals. Murray was 6'1" 210 and was a 6.0 4 star.
Murray was also a play away from beating Bama in the SECCG and playing for the title.

Not saying that Fromm isn't elite.... just that he's not necessarily a guy that's 6'5" with a canon that will make scouts salivate.

I just think that the eye test is there with Fromm that wasn't there with Murray. I think he is elite in every sense of the word. And 6'2" is plenty big. Baker mayfield is likely 5'10ish (I think they list him at 6'0 but he's shorter than that)....and he went no1. So recent history has proven that the NFL will take a qb with the "it" factor regardless of the measurables (and I think the measurables aren't a negative anyway). We'll have to circle back to this thread next year about this time. I'd be shocked if he's not projecting to be a real high draft pick.

Reactions: feathersax
Some people on Twitter saying he grew up a Tennessee fan and Butchy wouldn't recruit him until it was too late and already burned the bridge.

Sounds like the Lawrence story. I believe the Fields issue was simpler - him and his dad had a truly bad visit under Butch and they felt unwanted and made it public.

From what I have read, I don't think based on the new rules that Kirby has any say in it. Correct me if I am wrong.

"Earlier this month, in what the NCAA called an “expected next step,” it allowed all athletes in Division I to transfer out of their programs without permission -- all they would need to do is inform their college or university they intended to do so. The players would then be added to a national database and any coach could contact them. Some athletes in the more high-profile sports still need to sit out a year upon transferring, per NCAA rules. "

While it gives the student the unilateral power to seek a transfer (makes it legal for other coaches to contact the kid), the school still has to sign off on the destination.

edit: nm it does seem the ncaa rule means a coach cant block destinations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gatornator
Coach Pruitt about to land a BIG FISH!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 183530
big-fish-gif.183530

Pruitt about to be fish bait?

While it gives the student the unilateral power to seek a transfer (makes it legal for other coaches to contact the kid), the school still has to sign off on the destination.

edit: nm it does seem the ncaa rule means a coach cant block destinations.

I still don't like the sitting out a year part. But I guess that keeps the transferring from getting out of hand.

It never made sense to me he picked UGA. You had Fromm that just came off an amazing Freshman season and was guaranteed the starting position. Fields was always going to ride the bench for at least two years barring injury to Fromm. I guess maybe Fields looked at how Fromm replaced Eason and thought he could do the same.

Reactions: ButchBettaBeGone
I’m thinking that’s why Fields is leaving. If he thinks Fromm goes after next year then why leave? He’s playing in 2020 either way unless he goes down a level.

Fromm per all reports is rah rah UGA sort of guy. Peyton type, wants to the lead the band after a NC sort of guy. He's there 4 years fo 'sho IMO. Nobody gets a lot better watching everybody else play.

There is no truth to this at this time, he (Fields) has made no announcement and has been at practice this week. FAKE NEWS....

Announcement no, but uga mod even believes it is likely true that he will appear in the transfer portal today or tmrw. Not fake news.

Reactions: GTBATV

From what I read when it first came out, coaches can still block transfers in the division. But that is up to the rules of the division. Not sure what stance the SEC takes on this.

Announcement no, but uga mod even believes it is likely true that he will appear in the transfer portal today or tmrw. Not fake news.

If he did notify the UGA, they have two days to put him in the database.

VN Store

Back