Fire Josh Heupel?? What?

I'm not saying that it's not a bad take just that it's unfair to ignore more context. If you keep listening he says Huepel has done an A- job in 3 years and really thinks Tenn is winning 11 games and him and Nico are made for each other.
Again, bad take, yes, but I understand why he said it. He's really high on Tenn and Huepel. I think he feels this is Heuepels year to win big (not because it's simply year 4 but many reasons) and if he doesn't win big with Nico this year and/or next year he's not the guy with McIntyre.
If anything, that context makes it even more dumb. You want to fire a coach who’s done an A- job through 3 years if he doesn’t win 11 games? I don’t even think Bammers are that stuck up.

If anything, that context makes it even more dumb. You want to fire a coach who’s done an A- job through 3 years if he doesn’t win 11 games? I don’t even think Bammers are that stuck up.
I think the thought is that if Heupel doesn't win with this team with what he considers a Heisman candidate match made in heaven QB, say he wins 10 games, then that's his ceiling.
While yes its dumb to fire after winning 10 games but I don't disagree that an "eh" season probably means we've seen his ceiling.
He also made the point that recruits will bolt if they don't win big. He's that high on him, higher than just about anyone I've heard. I'm trending that way myself. Should be a great year but I am expecting rookie mistakes to likely cost the biggest games.

Last edited:
Nick Saban could not have done a better job than Coach Hype has done so far at UT. All he does is succeed. The worrying and gnashing of teeth on VN is always unfounded because he comes through again and again. He has been doubted and criticized again endlessly since the Vandy game....while all he did was resign our Olinemen, land an amazing 2024 class, get great players at our most needed spots that everyone else wanted from the portal (WR, CB, LT, TE etc) and then land the 5* QB GMAC and others in a GREAT start already for our 2025 class....ALL WHILE preparing our team to wreck Iowa 36-0 in our 1st bowlgame shutout in forever!!

What CJH and staff have done is nothing short of incredible in such a short time. This week was exactly 3 years since we hired him. This program was at the lowest point 3 years ago that it had ever been in my 46 years of life. How quickly some of our fans forget that....I see them post about " less than 10 wins is failure" etc. We had the 2 worst seasons in UT football EVER at 3-7 and 4-8 heading into Coach Hypes first season. Then 36 of the best players we had left when Cornbread got fired and we got an NCAA investigation hanging over our heads....

Yet all CJH has done is build. Build our roster, build our culture, build our record revenue, and build our program back up to national relevance and now top 10 status IMO. We finished this season at 17th but we will be better next year. Our combined 24 HS/portal class is top 10 quality so far with spring window still coming. We just landed the highest rated 5* WR in UT history to play with 2 of the highest rated 5* QBs to ever play here as well in Nico and Gmac. Only Peyton has ever been as sought after. Shuler was close also. We have never had 2 different 5* QBs in our QB room before. We will a year from now for bowl/playoffs practice. Coach Hype has something none of the other bigtime coaches have: the experience of winning a National Championship as a QB and finishing 2nd in Heisman Voting. He used to BE LIKE them...and that along with his prolific offense is making UT the QBU of college football. Wow.

I for one am very thankful for Coach Hype and think he can continue to rewrite the record books here at UT. I hope we keep him long term because he will win Championships here on the Hill. We are very lucky to have him honestly.

GO VOLS. WGWTFA 2024

I think the thought is that if Heupel doesn't win with this team with what he considers a Heisman candidate match made in heaven QB, say he wins 10 games, then that's his ceiling.
While yes its dumb to fire after winning 10 games but I don't disagree that an "eh" season probably means we've seen his ceiling.
He also made the point that recruits will bolt if they don't win big. He's that high on him, higher than just about anyone I've heard. I'm trending that way myself. Should be a great year but I am expecting rookie mistakes to likely cost the biggest games.
It cain't be his ceiling because he has already 11 games in one season.

Watching Dave Hooker show today (got nothing better to do). That goofus named Caleb said... If Vols don't win 12 games this year, Heupel should be fired. How stupid can you get? Go watch for yourself, start at the 8.20 mark.
That show is a complete waste of time. I felt that way long before that idiotic statement.

It cain't be his ceiling because he has already 11 games in one season.
I should've specified 10 regular season wins... but that brings up another interesting aspect of future records, similar to CBB.
10 wins doesn't sound that great long term but what if they consistently win a playoff game, maybe 2?
What if a coach goes 11-1 thats awesome but gets bounced in the 1st round?
What about the conf title game? Really going to have to rethink how we view wins/records.
Fwiw, Caleb said today on the show he predicts Tenn wins a national title with Nico so he clearly believes in Heupel.

For this to even be a thread is just pathetic. Whoever started it is either wanting attention or is just a pure idiot that knows nothing about football. My first and last post in this nonsense thread.
It's a long time to kill before fall football, so expect to see some silly threads, because some just need the feedback, bored. or banned from every other site. We should expect these= " Line was long at Burger King-- fire Josh Huepel "? " They didn't pick up my garbage on trash day- fire Josh Huepel"? " I gained 5 lbs over the holidays--fire Josh Huepel "?

Say what you want, but college football certainly brings out the crazy in a lot of people.

And this is crazy talk.

Hype Man could catch a case and get sentenced to a 2 year bid and we’d just hire an interim head coach to keep it going until he got out. Ain’t goin anywhere.

Yeah, if Heupel wins “only” 10 regular season games with a redshirt freshman with one start under his belt, that shows it is clearly his ceiling.🙄

Yeah, if Heupel wins “only” 10 regular season games with a redshirt freshman with one start under his belt, that shows it is clearly his ceiling.🙄
In 2025, yes. To you point, for this upcoming season, I completely agree with you.

Watching Dave Hooker show today (got nothing better to do). That goofus named Caleb said... If Vols don't win 12 games this year, Heupel should be fired. How stupid can you get? Go watch for yourself, start at the 8.20 mark.
Caleb is a doofus. I don't know why Dave Hooker lets him hang on.

Reactions: Rocky Top T

VN Store

Back