Fired Tennessee vaccinations director planning to leave state with her family

TNVOLNAVY

May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.
Don’t let the door hit you in the a** on the way out!

Brad Fiscus told NBC News on Saturday that the couple's decision to move to northern Virginia sometime between mid-September and October was initially "precipitated by the actions of the Tennessee Department of Health" to fire his wife, Dr. Michelle Fiscus, this summer amid Republican outrage over her push to inoculate teenagers against Covid-19.

Brad Fiscus told NBC News on Saturday that the couple's decision to move to northern Virginia sometime between mid-September and October was initially "precipitated by the actions of the Tennessee Department of Health" to fire his wife, Dr. Michelle Fiscus, this summer amid Republican outrage over her push to inoculate teenagers against Covid-19.

Can’t imagine a vaccination director wanting people to get vaccinated. I love Tennessee and am conservative as hell but we’re going to be on the wrong side of this when history reflects.

I was born and raised in Virginia. Although I don’t live anywhere near that hell hole they call northern VA it’s still embarrassing. They will fit right in up there.

Screw science, but at least your state book is the Bible. Do Tennesseans never tire of looking like uneducated Hicks

I'm having a hard time understanding why this would elicit such anger. I happen to have a teenage daughter. Even if I was opposed to her being vaccinated (and I'm not, she already has been), I would not have a problem with a physician attempting to administer shots to teenagers before they go back to school. It seems like at the very least, her intentions were good, and she was trying to keep people from getting sick. It also seems like she was just doing her job, and the Tennessee Department of Health should have demonstrated some backbone here. Politics should not have a role in this.

"Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out!"

Seriously? Where did that come from? You seem oddly offended by a doctor who wants to vaccinate kids during a global pandemic.

Last edited:
Screw science, but at least your state book is the Bible. Do Tennesseans never tire of looking like uneducated Hicks
Your side keeps screaming science to the other side during this, and calling them uneducated. All the while, your side says a girl is a boy, a boy can be a girl, men can be pregnant and have a menstrual cycle if they feel like it, and if you want to identify as a different race it's okay. That honestly sounds a bit more uneducated, than someone who doesn't want a shot.

Take your binary thought process and shove it. People think on a spectrum, and pigeonholing multiple beliefs based on one or two decisions is just ****ing stupid.
Kinda like everyone who takes the vaccine calling anyone who doesn't an uneducated trumper? Many of us didn't vote for him, and there are many folks who medically can't take it.

Bro we live in Florida. We have very little room to talk. Take a lap lol

The science.

The science that said mask are useless or the science that says everybody needs to be wearing the mask?

The science that said "just two" weeks?

The science that said 98% success for the vaccines or the one say 67% now?

I'm just an old dumb Tennessee redneck but I'm confused as to what "science" to believe.

Last edited:
Seriously?

If I weren't currently trying to keep my cool at UHaul cancelling my moving truck and me heading to find another one, I'd gladly give your a rundown of both comments.

Instead, I'll just say that I stand by my distaste with the state's decision to dishonor the Bible as a prop instead of actually living in Pauline sacrifice abd with my distaste for the thought process whereby people are put in nice, neat, but horribly inaccurate boxes for the purpose of outgrouping.

If I weren't currently trying to keep my cool at UHaul cancelling my moving truck and me heading to find another one, I'd gladly give your a rundown of both comments.

Instead, I'll just say that I stand by my distaste with the state's decision to dishonor the Bible as a prop instead of actually living in Pauline sacrifice abd with my distaste for the thought process whereby people are put in nice, neat, but horribly inaccurate boxes for the purpose of outgrouping.
Lol. You did exactly what you criticized the other poster for. But, that's OK. Good luck with your Uhaul.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Zues1
Piercey was the same person who fired her for doing exactly what Piercey did below

In May, the health commissioner herself explained Fiscus' memo on the Mature Minor Doctrine in a letter responding to a lawmaker, which was obtained by The Associated Press and confirmed Friday by Health Department spokeswoman Sarah Tanksley.

“We hope the memo informs the state's vaccinating partners of the current state of law in Tennessee so they may each make the best decisions for their patients,” Piercey wrote to GOP Rep. Robin Smith, adding that many providers still choose to get parental consent first.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back