'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

You sure? Didn’t seem like they had any when we played them
giphy.gif

Make the case: It’s my belief that Cai Bates and family feel more comfortable about Tennessee than LSU. He loved his time here and so did the whole family. LSU thought they were going to close this one out in late June but were unable to do so. He has been pretty transparent over the last month that things were trending orange but LSU was still pushing pretty hard here as they each want one more corner in their class. Tennessee commitments have been on him like Boo Carter.

Take: Tennessee has been the trendy lean here for the last few weeks and I think that still remains as Bates and the family have met up in Alabama to go over their options. I don’t believe it’s done and I fully believe LSU is still in this. I’m taking the Vols chances but it’s by no means done.

-AP

So we shouldn’t expect Martinez to improve what’s already here? The only way he can be any good is if he has much better talent? Is that it?
More talent it definitely coming in for the secondary. Now is it too much to ask for Martinez to improve our secondary?
I have an idea. How about we not run the player's position coach down in the player's thread?

Make the case: It’s my belief that Cai Bates and family feel more comfortable about Tennessee than LSU. He loved his time here and so did the whole family. LSU thought they were going to close this one out in late June but were unable to do so. He has been pretty transparent over the last month that things were trending orange but LSU was still pushing pretty hard here as they each want one more corner in their class. Tennessee commitments have been on him like Boo Carter.

Take: Tennessee has been the trendy lean here for the last few weeks and I think that still remains as Bates and the family have met up in Alabama to go over their options. I don’t believe it’s done and I fully believe LSU is still in this. I’m taking the Vols chances but it’s by no means done.

-AP

Good info, but this is textbook hedging your bets

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back