'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

I was looking at his official visits and saw that Florida St & Alabama have 0(zero) CB's. How is that possible? We have 11 and their 0 play better than our 11. Seems strange to me. I guess they could play a lot of "athletes" there but not to have any seems strange. Do we know when he is announcing?
Alabama just got a cb commit on July 1st if that’s what you are talking about.

Sights says Alabama has 0 on roster and 0 committed. Might just be lagging. Still strange they don't have any on the roster.

I stay confused, we have those advocating get rid of Martinez because he ain’t coaching up the talent to compete in SEC and some maybe some of those same ones are saying you will never compete in SEC and NC without a lot better talent. On the surface almost conflicting statements…..
What would the big 2 look like with the same talent? Meaning Alabama and Georgia

Gibson and Matthews may help in this regard, as well.
Playing corner as a true freshman in the SEC is not an easy task. I think Gibson is the more likely of the 2 to do it. What we really need is Hadden and GJL to step up big time as well as Turnage, Turrentine, and Charles to make a jump at safety and star. Slaughter and Walker should be solid. I’d also love to see Jourdan Thomas to step up and contribute

You sure? Didn’t seem like they had any when we played them
giphy.gif

Playing corner as a true freshman in the SEC is not an easy task. I think Gibson is the more likely of the 2 to do it. What we really need is Hadden and GJL to step up big time as well as Turnage, Turrentine, and Charles to make a jump at safety and star. Slaughter and Walker should be solid. I’d also love to see Jourdan Thomas to step up and contribute
I expect Slaughter to be good this year! He’s the one player I’ve seen while he’s at cb always has his head turned looking for the ball!

I’m assuming Martinez taught him to do so..

I expect Slaughter to be good this year! He’s the one player I’ve seen while he’s at cb always has his head turned looking for the ball!

I’m assuming Martinez taught him to do so..
I’m not sure about that last part. When only 1-2 players in your secondary knows how to play the ball while it’s in the air it’s usually an indicator of poor development in that area. I personally think it’s something Ansley emphasized. We should get a better idea this year on whether or not Willie is the guy or not

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I just hope they get developed well. I’m personally not a big fan of Willie, but recruits seem to like him. So I’m hoping we see some significant improvement in the secondary this year

I agree, never been a huge Martinez fan.. Development hasn't been his strong suit. And with him not getting a raise or extension last year , I'd say his job depends on how the Secondary looks this fall.

VN Store

Back