'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

I really hope we get this kid. Recruiting a highly rated kid against LSU always makes me nervous and leary of LSU.

Last edited:
The buzz: With a commitment looming on July 26, the battle for Cai Bates looks to be down to LSU and Tennessee. LSU has been pushing for Bates longer than Tennessee, and the Tigers received the final official visit, but Tennessee made up a lot of ground last month. There is some buzz around the Vols are the decision nears, but Bates has not made a final decision or given either program reason to think his mind is made up. The four-star cornerback out of Orlando Edgewater will be one to watch closely as we inch closer to his decision.
c.simmons

He is actually from Florida, but LSU has been our main competition for him.

Yep you're right, my bad, I was getting him mixed up with Singleton. But regardless, when it comes to DB recruiting I really hate going up against LSU. In the past those have rarely gone our way.

Reactions: Glitch

Oh no I didn’t…..yeah I did. Fyp.

True story. Many moons ago I worked for First Tennessee Bank. I became in-office friends with one of the bank’s auditors. He wanted me to proofread his report on teller operations and specifically the bait money they kept should a robbery occur. I immediately started laughing. He was like…what? I told him to read his opening line which talked about the bank’s “master bait money”. He said something to the effect of “Oh geez. I need to reword that.“ 😂😂😂

VN Store

Back